Author Topic: Misty Flying Club - Tour Completions  (Read 340029 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Misty Flying Club - Tour Completions
« Reply #1830 on: June 12, 2024, 09:49:09 PM »
MFC0006 Short Fields-Glacier

June 12, 2024

MFC0169  Floyd Gibson

I'm showing one more leg to go Floyd.. the last one: PAWG to PF20 then tour MFC0006 will be completed.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0169 Floyd Gibson

« Reply #1831 on: June 15, 2024, 04:00:25 PM »
Sorry about that Norm......the Tour page was showing an 'NA' on that flight, reason for filing a completion?  Now that I looked again, the flight is showing up?  Never mind whatever happened.. :P.....I'll definitely fly it and repost.

Thanks

MFC0169 Floyd Gibson

« Reply #1832 on: June 18, 2024, 03:39:53 PM »

June 18, 2024

MFC0169  Floyd Gibson

nbrich1

« Reply #1833 on: June 18, 2024, 03:57:22 PM »

June 18, 2024

MFC0169  Floyd Gibson

Indeed Floyd, you got'r'done!  The completion award for MFC0006 Short Fields-Glaciers has been added to your pilot's award listing.. nice work Floyd.   

Norm

« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 04:00:43 PM by nbrich1 »

williamb

« Reply #1834 on: June 22, 2024, 11:55:19 PM »
Norm,

William Butler, MFC pilot 0105, completed Tour MFC0065 Coastal Alaska-the Aleutians-King Salmon (PAKN) to Kulik Lake (PAKN-PAKL) on 6/22/24.  I never flew out the Aleutians while I was in Alaska but I did fly the shoreline, estuaries, and bays on the north side of the Alaska Peninsula from King Salmon to Cold Bay every fall from 1984-1994.  We took oblique photos of migrating Emperor Goose Flocks and were able to estimate the percentage of young of the year in the population.  An important index for managing the Emperor Goose population.

I did fly into Aniakchak Crater.  I don't remember landing in the Lake even though I think I would have given it a try.  My recall is not what is was once (senior recall problems) and we did a lot of bush flying while I was in Alaska.  So I can not claim to have done it.   I did land land in the Lake in Aniakchak Crater on this Tour and I have that to remember.

Dee had a flying experience in Alaska that few people have had.  She flew to Attu in the summer of 1988 in a USFWS Turbine Goose piloted by two Alaska legends at the time-Tom Belou and Dale Moore.  She was part of a team that went to the Aleutians as a result of the Aleut Restitution Act of 1988.  The Act provided a reparation settlement for the internment of Aleut people living in the Aleutian Islands during WWII.

This Tour enabled me to show Dee some of the air fields in the Aleutians where she may have landed on her Trip. 

It is not just me that enjoys MFC. Now Dee appreciates it too.

Thank you Norm.  MFC is the Best!

DPH64

« Reply #1835 on: June 23, 2024, 07:13:56 AM »
Hi Norm
MFC0007 Short Fields BC interior is completed by Chris Grubb MFC 189 23rd June. Twas a bit stop and start for me as had a few other comittments but finished it off this morning. Quite enjoyed being back in core Misty, looking forward to picking up the order in Kodiak for a bit more fun.
Cheers - Chris.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 07:19:24 AM by DPH64 »

nbrich1

« Reply #1836 on: June 23, 2024, 08:26:29 AM »
Norm,

William Butler, MFC pilot 0105, completed Tour MFC0065 Coastal Alaska-the Aleutians-King Salmon (PAKN) to Kulik Lake (PAKN-PAKL) on 6/22/24.  I never flew out the Aleutians while I was in Alaska but I did fly the shoreline, estuaries, and bays on the north side of the Alaska Peninsula from King Salmon to Cold Bay every fall from 1984-1994.  We took oblique photos of migrating Emperor Goose Flocks and were able to estimate the percentage of young of the year in the population.  An important index for managing the Emperor Goose population.

I did fly into Aniakchak Crater.  I don't remember landing in the Lake even though I think I would have given it a try.  My recall is not what is was once (senior recall problems) and we did a lot of bush flying while I was in Alaska.  So I can not claim to have done it.   I did land land in the Lake in Aniakchak Crater on this Tour and I have that to remember.

Dee had a flying experience in Alaska that few people have had.  She flew to Attu in the summer of 1988 in a USFWS Turbine Goose piloted by two Alaska legends at the time-Tom Belou and Dale Moore.  She was part of a team that went to the Aleutians as a result of the Aleut Restitution Act of 1988.  The Act provided a reparation settlement for the internment of Aleut people living in the Aleutian Islands during WWII.

This Tour enabled me to show Dee some of the air fields in the Aleutians where she may have landed on her Trip. 

It is not just me that enjoys MFC. Now Dee appreciates it too.

Thank you Norm.  MFC is the Best!

Well, Bill (and Dee), it is so great to hear your real life experiences and adventures that are brought back to mind even as you sim fly over some of those areas you lived, worked and were a part of the Alaska society:  definitely a different life and set of experiences as a result of your vocations. I'm glad that by seeing the views and terrain in the sim in some of the routes brings back good memories and highlights from the past.

Most of us would have loved to have those experiences: flying over (or landing in) craters, flying in a Goose along the Aleutian chain of Islands. WOW! Quiet the experiences. Thanks for sharing your experiences and appreciate your comments.

The completion award for Tour MFC0065 Coastal Alaska-The Aleutians has been added to your pilots awards.
Great job and thanks again Bill. Best Regards to you and Dee.

Norm
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 08:57:26 AM by nbrich1 »

nbrich1

« Reply #1837 on: June 23, 2024, 08:52:40 AM »
Hi Norm
MFC0007 Short Fields BC interior is completed by Chris Grubb MFC 189 23rd June. Twas a bit stop and start for me as had a few other commitments but finished it off this morning. Quite enjoyed being back in core Misty, looking forward to picking up the order in Kodiak for a bit more fun.
Cheers - Chris.

Well Chris, real life sure plays a role in not providing time for simming.. lol.. But hey, you came back and got it done. MFC0007 Short Fields BC interior was really a bush trip or sorts, they were bush routes but in the series they were more of a STOL challenge in a DC3/C47. It is nice vintage aircraft but not easy to master under these STOL type of conditions.

The completion award for tor MFC0007 Short Fields-BC  has been added to you pilot's awards. Next tour you can revert to a Twin Otter or Kodiak for more conventional bush flights. Nice work Chris.

NormChris Grubb got MFC0007 Short Fields-BC on 2024-06-23.

nbrich1

« Reply #1838 on: June 23, 2024, 08:53:02 AM »
This is the June 2024 Misty Flying Club Pilot Awards listing: New Pilot Additions, tour completions and milestone awards for this month. (The most recently awarded appear at the top of the list). 
Month Complete

New Pilots, Tour completions, Hours-Flights-Service Awards:

Douglas Gonzalez got MFS0020 Trench2 on 2024-06-23.
William Butler got MFC0065 Aleutians on 2024-06-22.
Floyd Gibson got MFC0006 Short Fields-Glaciers on 2024-06-18.
Thomas Menzel got MFS0036 Reach for the Top on 2024-06-18.
Jose Luis Fernandez De Castro got MFS0036 Reach for the Top on 2024-06-14.
Ballesta Gilles got new MFC Pilot on 2024-06-09 (Pilot MFC0280 France), Welcome Ballesta.
Stefan Ulrich got MFS0002 Whittier-Whitehorse on 2024-06-09.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 08:25:35 AM by nbrich1 »

laserpoint490

« Reply #1839 on: July 12, 2024, 01:23:33 PM »
MFC0031 The X Factor - Juneau to Terrace completed Jul 12, 2024 by MFC00083.  Really enjoyed the bush airstrips by Xavier.  Thanks for taking us on a tour to them.
Alan

nbrich1

« Reply #1840 on: July 12, 2024, 06:55:38 PM »
MFC0031 The X Factor - Juneau to Terrace completed Jul 12, 2024 by MFC00083.  Really enjoyed the bush airstrips by Xavier.  Thanks for taking us on a tour to them.
Alan

Nice work Alan.. the Juneau area is one of my favorites to fly in.. very nice airports and several spb. The completion award for MFC0031 The X Factor has been added to your Pilots awards listing.

Norm

williamb

« Reply #1841 on: July 31, 2024, 11:18:07 PM »
Norm,

William Butler Pilot (MFC0105) completed Tour MFC0066 Coastal Alaska-Kodiak Island-Kulik Lake (PAKL-PAKL) on 24/07/31.  I enjoyed the flying very much as I only flew to Kodiak Island as a passenger while I was in Alaska.  I had not flown the Twin Otter in quite a while.  I found it difficult to land consistently.  It was a combination of delay in response when adding and reducing power (modeling of turbine engine power response?) and very sensitive VSI response to slight changes in nose attitude.

I have not flown the Sim in the last several days as Dee and I took trip to the Hopi reservation and the Grand Canyon.   

Bill

nbrich1

« Reply #1842 on: August 01, 2024, 11:03:39 AM »
Norm,

William Butler Pilot (MFC0105) completed Tour MFC0066 Coastal Alaska-Kodiak Island-Kulik Lake (PAKL-PAKL) on 24/07/31.  I enjoyed the flying very much as I only flew to Kodiak Island as a passenger while I was in Alaska.  I had not flown the Twin Otter in quite a while.  I found it difficult to land consistently.  It was a combination of delay in response when adding and reducing power (modeling of turbine engine power response?) and very sensitive VSI response to slight changes in nose attitude.

I have not flown the Sim in the last several days as Dee and I took trip to the Hopi reservation and the Grand Canyon.   

Bill

Well Bill (and Dee) a warm welcome back from surely a very momentous trip to the Hopi reservation and the Grand Canyon and welcome back to the sim to complete the Kodiak Island excursion. Btw, your last leg of that excursion was your 900th flight here at MFC. Well done.

So the completion award for MFC0066 Kodiak Island as well as the 900 Flights milestone award has been added to your pilot decorations! Nice job Bill.   

Norm

PS: (Today, in the sim, I'm going to fly that dhc6 twin otter in French-Polynesia in the Marquesas Islands, just for a bit of a change.. but it sure has been a long while since I tried to fly that aircraft..  Now, if I go down, at least you'll know where to send a search party! lol)

nbrich1

« Reply #1843 on: August 01, 2024, 11:04:26 AM »
This is the July 2024 Misty Flying Club Pilot Awards listing: New Pilot Additions, tour completions and milestone awards for this month. (The most recently awarded appear at the top of the list). 

MONTH COMPLETE

New Pilots, Tour completions, Hours-Flights-Service Awards:

William Butler got 900 Flights on 2024-07-31.
William Butler got MFC0066 Kodiak Island on 2024-07-31.
Norm Richards got MFS0037 Deadhorse South E on 2024-07-30.
Raouf Rizk got MFC0021 Alaska West Coast on 2024-07-27.
Alan Goodrich got 400 Flights on 2024-07-23.
Joe Albert got new MFC Pilot on 2024-07-14. (Pilot MFC0284 United States), Welcome Joe.
James Smith got 1500 Flights on 2024-07-12.
Alan Goodrich got MFC0031 The X Factor on 2024-07-12.
Erik Stynen got MFC0001 Misty Triangle on 2024-07-10.
Erik Stynen got new MFC Pilot on 2024-07-07. (Pilot MFS0283 Belgium), Welcome Erik.
Michael Andrus got new MFC Pilot on 2024-07-05 (Pilot MFC0282 United States), Welcome Michael.
Kid Koko got new MFC Pilot on 2024-07-04 (Pilot MFS0281 Germany), Welcome Kid.
Thomas Menzel got MFS0036A Deadhorse Hub on 2024-07-03.

shermank

« Reply #1844 on: August 20, 2024, 08:37:52 AM »
FLIGHT MFCT 000531
COMPLETED AUGUST 20, 2024
SHERM MFC 0165

--------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back Sherm. It's nice to have you in the MFC Air and a very nice flight in your DHC2. 
And thanks so much for your donation. It wasn't necessary but is very appreciated. Thank-you.

Norm
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 03:36:06 PM by nbrich1 »