Author Topic: Misty Flying Club - Tour Completions  (Read 297757 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: MFC Tour Completions
« Reply #510 on: March 03, 2019, 11:40:49 AM »
Hello, Bonjour
MFC0014 TF Docks, Cabins and other POI – Wrangell-Petersburg done
What a pleasure and surprise to navigate with wales near PP06.
Thanks a lot.
See you
Vince  ;)

A fun trip for sure and a great scenic area full of interesting locations and POI. Your completion for Tour MFC0014 from Wrangell to Petersburg (and all points in-between) has been recognized and the completion award been added to your pilot's profile. Nice job again Vincent.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

« Reply #511 on: March 04, 2019, 09:59:21 AM »
It is hard to believe but the Misty Flying Club is ONE Year old. The MFC site started up on March 3, 2018 with  the purpose to create an operations division of RTMM. Thanks to Henry Kirk for creating the MFC VA website and to all those who assisted in the testing of the flight systems including the custom "Cigar Box" module.

Here is a few stats that reflect the first year of operations at the Misty Flying Club: 

To Date:
Total Pilots registered: 92, Pilots currently active-65   
Total Flights Flown: 6526
Total Hours Flown: 4294:17:47

Active Flight Schedules: 1154 
Active Tours/Excursions:    27  (Containing 318 multi-stop flight legs, covering over 28,000 nm)

Top aircraft used:
Fixed wing: DHC2 Beaver (amphibian variation the most used)
Helicopter: Bell 407

Thank-you to all the MFC pilot's for your involvement and participation flying at MFC in the past year as well as for your input here in the forums in which has assisted in this MFC project and continuing progress.

This year I am building a new and continuing excursion each month as we continue to explore new territory in the RTMM coverage area. For those who may not have noticed each tour from the onset has been a continuation of the previous so all the tours, if flown in order, will make up or create ONE large ongoing  exploration.

It will surely take a while to visit all the areas and the many locations (like a few years) but eventually we might get it all covered. Hopefully all at MFC who fly these trips will find the journey and routes interesting and enjoyable to fly as well as visiting the scenic destinations that will be encountered.

One Year Service awards: Starting this month there will be some interesting awards starting to be awarded  to MFC pilots: These will mark one year founding anniversary of the Misty Flying Club as well as pilot's first year anniversaries joining at MFC.   

Thanks again for all your participation, involvement and support over the past year and in advance as we go forward in 2019 and beyond.   

Norm
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 06:21:20 PM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #512 on: March 04, 2019, 07:37:09 PM »
MFC0016 completed by MFC0019 on 3/4/19

nbrich1

« Reply #513 on: March 05, 2019, 08:52:27 AM »
MFC0016 completed by MFC0019 on 3/4/19

Roger see it!. Jim that is nice work in your DHC-2A N001MM New Misty Amphibian!! The award for MFC0016 has been added to your pilot's profile.

Norm

PS: (Congrats also to Thomas Menzel as he also just completed this same MFC0016 excursion also in a Beaver.). (He was hot on your tail Jim!..lol)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:56:36 AM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #514 on: March 05, 2019, 02:03:34 PM »
do I need to watch my six LOL. Actually I'll be on hiatus for a while getting ready to go to Scottsdale for some re-current training

nbrich1

« Reply #515 on: March 05, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
do I need to watch my six LOL. Actually I'll be on hiatus for a while getting ready to go to Scottsdale for some re-current training

lol.. no you shouldn't need to watch your 6.. (too much!)..lol. Have fun in AZ.

jstanbro

« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2019, 08:02:01 PM »
I just completed Tour #5 Barnstormers.  Had a great time!  What a beautiful area with so much to see!  This is not meant to be a criticism but I noticed in Leg 14 that there is a Brad's B&B noted on the flight plan, but I didn't see it when I flew the route.  I did a little research and it is part of the Spud's Creek scenery, which is not listed as a needed scenery (as far as I can tell) in the documentation.  I added Spud's Creek, and it is amazing - not to be missed!  So the next time you are revising the docs, you might want to note this.

Secondly, a request.  I notice that the next couple of tours use big twins, DC-3, etc.  I'm going to have to brush up on flying these beasts - they are a lot different than a Super Cub!  I was wondering, though, how about adding the C-46?  Buffalo Airways has a couple of them and they can handle short unimproved strips. I'm just interested in them because my father worked on them in WWII in Africa and India.  If not, no problem. I promise not to pout.

Thanks to everyone for all of your hard work!
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

« Reply #517 on: March 07, 2019, 07:06:19 AM »
Indeed Jerry, I see your Barnstormers completion..the award has been added to your pilot's profile.

Barnstormers is a pretty area as well is a jammed packed scenery area-like I listed 24 scenery pieces for that trip, now thanks to your find there is 25 scenery pieces listed. With over hundreds of scenery pieces to figure out I'm sure I might miss one the odd time especially for a complex and scenery packed excursion. Again thanks for noticing and letting me know.  I have updated the scenery requirements document to show Spud's Creek and re-upped the MFC0005 Barnstormers tour download so this additional scenery piece is captured for following pilots.   Done.

Norm

PS: Yup tour MFC0006, MFC0007 are quite a challenge if the DC-3, C-47, BT67 is used. And for sure the Curtiss C46 Commando is a great plane and fits into that category. There isn't a RTMM livery for a C46 but the aircraft sure works!

Ok, just added the C46 to the MFC Fleet and as an available aircraft on the next two tours. (C46 now appears in Cigar Box as N046MM-C46- C46A, so feel free to give it a spin! Not an easy aircraft especially on these "Short Fields" but a fun try.      Done. C46/C46A all set up and ready to go!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:08:23 AM by nbrich1 »

jstanbro

« Reply #518 on: March 07, 2019, 03:20:24 PM »
Indeed Jerry, I see your Barnstormers completion..the award has been added to your pilot's profile.

Barnstormers is a pretty area as well is a jammed packed scenery area-like I listed 24 scenery pieces for that trip, now thanks to your find there is 25 scenery pieces listed. With over hundreds of scenery pieces to figure out I'm sure I might miss one the odd time especially for a complex and scenery packed excursion. Again thanks for noticing and letting me know.  I have updated the scenery requirements document to show Spud's Creek and re-upped the MFC0005 Barnstormers tour download so this additional scenery piece is captured for following pilots.   Done.

Norm

PS: Yup tour MFC0006, MFC0007 are quite a challenge if the DC-3, C-47, BT67 is used. And for sure the Curtiss C46 Commando is a great plane and fits into that category. There isn't a RTMM livery for a C46 but the aircraft sure works!

Ok, just added the C46 to the MFC Fleet and as an available aircraft on the next two tours. (C46 now appears in Cigar Box as N046MM-C46- C46A, so feel free to give it a spin! Not an easy aircraft especially on these "Short Fields" but a fun try.      Done. C46/C46A all set up and ready to go!

Thanks, Norm - and thanks for all your hard work!  I'll try the C-46 on some of these routes and see how it goes.
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

scanham

« Reply #519 on: March 09, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »
I have completed MFC0007 Short Fields-BC.

Fun and challenging.

Thanks!
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

nbrich1

« Reply #520 on: March 09, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »
I have completed MFC0007 Short Fields-BC.

Fun and challenging.

Thanks!

Indeed a challenge!! Award for MFC0007 added to your uniform Steve. Onwards.. (New trip MFC0008 should prove to be a nice challenge too and some nice scenery.

Norm

scanham

« Reply #521 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:16 AM »
MFC0008 Twin Otter Rainbow Range to Mistys Place  Completed!

Loved the tour and love the Twin Otter!

Thanks Norm!

Steve
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

nbrich1

« Reply #522 on: March 13, 2019, 12:50:19 PM »
MFC0008 Twin Otter Rainbow Range to Mistys Place  Completed!

Loved the tour and love the Twin Otter!

Thanks Norm!

Steve

Aye Steve Twin Otter can be a great plane and a fun one for sure! It's one of the best for up in these parts for slightly larger airports. Glad you liked the trip and the award for completing MFC0008 Rainbow Range has been added to your pilots profile.  Nice job.

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #523 on: March 14, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
MFC0017 completed by MFC0019 on 03/14/19

Patrick 94

« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2019, 06:26:56 AM »
Hello
MF0017 is finish .It's wonderfull contry with Tonga fiords.
Thank for all what you do
Best regards
Patrick