Author Topic: NOTAM-Missing aircraft when joining a tour.  (Read 134 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
NOTAM-Missing aircraft when joining a tour.
« on: March 07, 2024, 09:38:59 AM »
NOTAM-Missing aircraft when joining a tour.

If any pilots join a MFC/MFS tour without an aircraft best to let us know asap before trying to create a bid, that is if you notice, so we can fix it).  This will avoid the potential of a corrupt bid getting "stuck" in the system for that specific pilot. A corrupt bid is a bid which is a valid pilot, a validate flight route assigned in the MFC database but has no assigned aircraft. If the missing aircraft condition occurs, the bid cannot progress through the system but gets aimlessly caught/held in the database and prevents any subsequent bid from the pilot being processed until the corrupt bid is manually purged from the database. 

If you experience this missing aircraft condition when you join a tour, please advise asap so we can correct.

Thanks
Norm/Henry
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

rallymodeller

• MFC1057: CYZR represent!
Re: NOTAM-Missing aircraft when joining a tour.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 03:03:10 PM »
Hey, first time I ever caused a NOTAM! Awesome!

I promise it won't happen again, guys.
"Clouds may look like fluffy cotton candy, but they often contain a crunchy centre"

nbrich1

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 05:29:36 PM »
LOL.  You didn't cause it J!! Just a thing we might have to watch for!! 

shermank

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 07:41:35 AM »
Hi Norm,
I may be in that situation. When accessing the tour base via CB or directly through the URL, every tour I want to access shows each flight as N/A.
I think we have been down this road before, but I hope you can help me straighten this out so that I do not have to manually enter data into CB for each flight.
Thanks, hope all is good and have a Happy Easter.
Sherm

nbrich1

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 09:33:24 AM »
Yep.. been there before Sherm..

1. Have to join a tour by selecting an aircraft at the bottom of each tour page.

2. Once the aircraft is selected then tour leg one of the said tour opens to fly. Once leg one is flown and filed, then leg 2 opens up for you. and so forth.

I took the liberty of adding your fav DC-3 to tour MFC0040.. starting at leg one KSAN San Diego Intl.
Hope that is ok.. if not just yell before flying leg one and we can change it.

Norm

shermank

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 02:42:39 PM »
Thanks Rich, I completed all the flights in 40 a couple of days ago and filed my third flight for 41 a few minutes ago. I appreciate your help, as always...

BTW, I have been selecting my aircraft (the DC3) before selectin each flight. Hoping the next flight will appear as it should, without the extra steps.

PS. I checked the Tours and do see that the first flight for 40 is ready for loading. However, as noted, all those have been completed, logged and approved. I am now on 41. My next flight will be #4 KLVS to KRTN.

Sherm
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:48:10 PM by shermank »

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 07:30:59 PM »
Thanks Rich, I completed all the flights in 40 a couple of days ago and filed my third flight for 41 a few minutes ago. I appreciate your help, as always...

BTW, I have been selecting my aircraft (the DC3) before selectin each flight. Hoping the next flight will appear as it should, without the extra steps.

PS. I checked the Tours and do see that the first flight for 40 is ready for loading. However, as noted, all those have been completed, logged and approved. I am now on 41. My next flight will be #4 KLVS to KRTN.

Sherm

When you select the aircraft as joining the tour, cigar box will auto load the aircraft selected. I see you on 41... with a DC3 so you shouldn't have to select an aircraft for each leg of tour 41 as cb will load it when you load each flight of that tour.

Norm