Author Topic: I am sitting here with my mouth open.  (Read 1953 times)

Teecee

I am sitting here with my mouth open.
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »
Somewhere I picked up a file showing all the RTMM stuff as green dots on Plan-G, and picking a spot at random, I decided to look at the mountainous country out back (east) of Prince Rupert Isle.
It's truly amazing..All these tiny places found by following river and creeks and climbing over mountains I am finding little RTMM areas that, although I was familiar with the names, I have never visited.. and every one of them is there, in magical detail.. in the midst of really difficult areas to fly into.. I thought I knew all of RTMM, but now I realise that I was wrong.. Thank you to everyone that contributes to this great site. Teecee.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: I am sitting here with my mouth open.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:25:59 PM »
Our Pleasure TeeCee ...

Norm is going through the PAINSTAKING TASK of making each one of those little points (about 800 or them) into "mini airports" meaning when you open the RTMM Flight Plans.zip ... there will be an "MFCxxxx" number after each route. You put that "flight number" into the kACARS and you can use the new Misty Flying Club to document your flight. We are only into the "B's" and have a long way to go. But you will be able to fly to every green dot using the new Misty Flying Club protocols.

Doug

Stearmandriver

Re: I am sitting here with my mouth open.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:33:06 PM »
O Rly?  East of Prince Rupert you say? I'll have to take a look,  I've usually stuck near the coastal flying myself,  but I tend to like wheels better than floats....

One of the best things I did to make this flying even more fun was install FltPlan Go (free app) on my ipad.  It gives you a moving map sectional display.   So,  I don't use the GPS or flight plans anymore.   I just look at the sectional and find an appropriate route through drainages etc.   And the scenery is so good I can look around and say "there's Badger creek,  and that's where the power lines come in,  so just around the next bend will be Hidden glacier on the left..."  So much fun!