Author Topic: Eagle Cam - Live  (Read 3186 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Eagle Cam - Live
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »
I've been enjoying watching the Bear Valley (California Mountains) Live Eagle Cam. We've been watching them since the eggs were laid. Fun to watch how quickly these little guys grow up. If you like watching wildlife, this is a great live cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNdo6wu_Xug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Eagle Cam - Live
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »
Just checked out the eagles.  Daddy was on the nest and he performed an excellent pilot scanning technique.  Biggest failure of low time students is to scan the sky for other A/C.  Instructors mantra "Gitcher Head outa da cockpit!!!!"
 ;) 8) ;D
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 11:33:07 AM »
I really enjoy watching these things. Many times the computer is "doing something" (like re-loading P3D or something) and so I have the eagles going in the background, pop them up and watch. Amazing how they take care of those little ones.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 07:41:22 PM »
Even when the Instructor is absent they still gitcha!  My very first formation solo flight I was at the Navy's perscribed 10' aft, 10' below and 45° angle when the Instructor (in a 'chase' plane) keys his mic and calmly says to me your mixture should be at lean position.  A glance to my left and sure enough mixture full forward.
How the holy he## can he know that I think to myself.
Heads up and do the scan thingy ... no not on my wing hmmm??  Casually I look up to see he who must be obeyed inverted 10' over my cockpit looking at me with a bodacious smile on his face. 8) :o
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »
 8) Spud ROFLMAO ! 
    Friend of mine was a B-17 pilot, in basic flight training he was told to keep his head on a swivel. One day he and the instructor were flying and that swivel saved them. He saw another student in a dive, about to collide with them. Chuck grabbed control and rolled them out of the way. The instructor started raising hell, Chuck just pointed. The instructor turned white, and shut up. Later he thanked Chuck for saving them...
 LOL
 Sue

Doug

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »
A snowy morning for the eagles.

Doug