Author Topic: Misty Flying Club Discussion  (Read 17418 times)

BBQSteve

Re: Misty Flying Club Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »
I guess adding a leading "0", like PF3 to PF03 wouldn't work?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »
Yup or even a space after the 3-digit icao allows the acars to start but va site then has no idea what is going on and generates other errors. (Working on something else wiin a new environment).

Like RTMM is not standard stuff so all the work is custom.. but hey did it before at another VA so will we are trying a similar system environment.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2018, 12:02:31 AM »
I think the issue is now behind us....The new system is a bit more work to set up, but the good news is that that is simple to operate.  Still more to do before it is out of testing, but it lookin good so far.
Henry

RCFlyer

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
This effort looks like it will be fun.  I have setup FSCloud and Discord and am looking forward to some flights.

Danny
HeloFlyer on MFC Discord

nbrich1

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:27 PM »
Any can do group flights right away.. Comms and FSCloud are working perfect. Just hook up and fly a common FP.. 

The MFC is coming..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:30:38 PM by nbrich1 »

Stearmandriver

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 07:18:59 AM »
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the work on this! I'm looking forward to participating in both features; I've wanted to try group bush flying for a while.  Hope to run into some of you online soon...

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2018, 05:10:37 PM »
The Misty Flying Club is on "downwind" ... Everything is looking good. The basics are working fine and we are working on the graphics and web linkage.  I've been "flying" it trying to understand it better ... and this one is EASY to understand. We will have it running for you soon. We want to be sure it is something that works well so you will enjoy it. Now if the darned weather would just co-operate!

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »
In almost 10 years of simulation I had never participated in a "group" flight.....until yesterday...Just for those who are worried...I set up discord and then FSCloud and went for a flight with Norm....start to finish 15 min. And the flight was fun.  Discord was better than my phone and Norm and I have worked together almost 5 years and this is the first time we talked. 

I am sure there are other systems that work just as well, but this one seems easy to set up, and easy to use...so, I like it....I'll bet you will also.
Henry

RCFlyer

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
I registered and setup Kacars.  When I told Kacars to log-in an error came up indicating:

VA is requiring version 1.0.1.1.  Contact your site administrator.

The current version of Kacars is 1.0.1.5 and is the version I am running.  Did I miss a setup step or do you folks need to update the VA software?

Also, none of the Tours have helicopters listed in the Allowed Aircraft section.  I fly helicopters.  Can I use a helicopter for the tour flights?  Well you please add helicopters types to the Allowed Aircraft? Helicopters I would like are: B06, B212, B412, UH1, B222.

Thanks,

Danny
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:01:05 PM by RCFlyer »

nbrich1

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »
Of course.. I just built the helos into the aircraft database so yes.. and please
feel free RCFlyer to egg-beater.

Norm

RCFlyer

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2018, 10:02:45 AM »
Of course.. I just built the helos into the aircraft database so yes.. and please
feel free RCFlyer to egg-beater.

Norm

Thanks Norm for the helo addition.  Do you any suggestions as to the Kacars error I was getting concerning the version number?

Also, the Misty Hub Tours pdfs indicate to use Simacars.  Are we to use Simacars or Kacars?

Danny
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:43:38 AM by RCFlyer »

nbrich1

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »
Yes the PDF still says Simacars (because we were trying a VAM VA system when I was doing the docs.. But that VA environment or system kind of couldn't do what I needed it to do with all the RTMM locations so we switched over to a phpvms VA environment - which can handle it.. 

Will fix the docs once the new KAcars is in place.

Thanks Danny.

Norm

RCFlyer

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
Understand, thanks.  I tried again this morning to use the Kacars free version to log-in, but, still got the version error.   Is the Kacars system not working at the moment?

Danny

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »
The good news now is that the free kaCARSII demo has been replaced by our very own version that we call the Cigar Box....ask Doug about the heritage of that one.....but Cigar Box is now fully operational.  Just go to your pilot profile and select downloads.  There you will find it...download it, put it in any folder other than "programs" (I suggest a folder just for Cigar Box) and go.  First time you will need the URL and your pilot number and password.  Goes in easy and easy to work.  There are some special parts to it especially when using it with tours in connection with the Tour Center...Just play around with it.

For more questions....please see the Misty Flying Club Sub forum at the top of the page.

Henry
MFC0001

nbrich1

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »
For those who may not have the direct link to this new MFC:

http://www.mistymooringsflyingclub.com/