Author Topic: Allakaket Lodge and 6A8 Airport link...  (Read 2698 times)

Laagvlieger

Allakaket Lodge and 6A8 Airport link...
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:37:30 AM »
Link not working?  :-\

Laagvlieger
Wife, Volkswagen California, Laptop, Lochitech Extreme 30 PRO, headphone with mike, mouse, etc. :-)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Allakaket Lodge and 6A8 Airport link...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:29:58 PM »
Yes, I agree.  The "zip" button does nothing!  Nada!  Zip!  Well, .. not zip.  :-[  Just nada, ... and nothing, and zilch.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:56:00 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »
Notice there is, where the added date should be, a mention of COMING SOON. This will be activated when BWEP Dalton Highway is activated. If the date added or update date us not there, it is not active. But this allows you to read the readme early, you can also see the map of where it will be. When Dalton Highway is released, I can just add the link on the zip and all of these will be quickly activated.  We are only doing this with BWEP.

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »
Maybe there should be a "Coming Soon" sign where the zip button is.  We see the zip button there, but it does nothing.  I did open the coming soon link, but thought the scenery link might be hidden in there, maybe.  I didn't understand either.   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Laagvlieger

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »
OK, thank you Doug for information!

I did read the readme, but din't understand that that must be the reason for not working the link...  :D

Laagvlieger
Wife, Volkswagen California, Laptop, Lochitech Extreme 30 PRO, headphone with mike, mouse, etc. :-)

Doug

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 01:59:28 PM »
OK, each of these now has COMING SOON with Dalton Highway  in red. I doubt folks know how much goes into putting one of these "up". You have to write the program for the scenery page slot, then it must go onto the Starting Points on the Here2There page, and then also onto the GOTO Table. All of the pictures have to be made, photoshopped, this includes the map. Then all the linkage and uploading and downloading checks. So it is easier to put each of these "in place" as we get them done. That way, later, when Dalton Highway comes out, I don't have to tear into a bunch of programming that I can already have done.

This is also an indicator to folks that we are solidly moving ahead on BWEP. These locations are "done" ...checked with QC and placed on the server and checked. Folks can view the quality of them by clicking on the thumbnail and by clicking on the readme link.  Again, when Dalton Highway comes out, all I have to do is link the zip on these new packages and all that programming is active. Then I can focus on the extra work of actually putting up Dalton Highway.

Hope this helps.
Doug
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:02:55 PM by Doug »

Penzoil3

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
 8)
 Thanks Doug.
 LOL
 Sue

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
Doug's explanation only detail the website side of what he goes through. He didn't mention the hours and hours devoted to scenery design, testing, re-design, more testing, working with us beta testers, fixing, repairing, solving unique problems - and on and on for each and EVERY new location. I have no idea when he sleeps, but I do know what nightmares he has when he does.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 09:05:15 PM »
:-) Yeah, its a hoot running a website. So I take shortcuts as often as I can that help me avoid forgetting something down the line.  "The Job"  is also a lot of fun, but having folks right there to bail you our when you jump off the deep end keeps me sleeping pretty darned well. Thanks Steve!

Doug