Author Topic: the multiplayer how to thread.  (Read 12060 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
the multiplayer how to thread.
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »
Hi everyone , anybody wishing to fly online can do so on the midav servers anytime you like..i fly online on thursday nights and will be doing more misty hops in the weeks to come but you can fly with anyone of course anytime you like...Sooooo  what do you need and how to do it..just follow these links for the info , on the  Midav servers we use Teamspeak 2 for voice comunication and FShost to connect to the server..links to these to programs are here below.

FSHOST here
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/?fshostclient.html

Teamspeak 2 here
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&archive=1

If your connected directly to your cable/dsl modem then all you need is the server connection info here.

MIDNIGHT Aviation - Server #2
IP: midav.hopto.org
This FSHost server uses Ports: 23459, 6073
TeamSpeak MidAv Comm = 174.133.247.18:8814 Voice Server #1 password "alfa" to navigate between channels.

one thing with fshost is when you hit the connect button it usually takes 10 to 20 attempts before the server shows up for you so you can select it...dont ask me why , just keep hitting that button untill the server appears for you

Now if you are on a network and have a router it gets alittle more complicated , you need to open certain ports so fsx can communicate with the other players, and its different for the different types of routers... i,ll direct you to this link at midav with all the info you need to set up your router and get connected

http://midnightaviation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=technical&action=display&thread=65

That should be enough to get you started.  This is how fshost  looks on my computer

Cheers Wedge ;)

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Re: the multiplayer how to thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
Note:  the "how to" for the official Misty server will be posted shortly, I believe Doug's putting a page up for it as well. ;)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
Can I suggest that when the Misty Multiplayer info is posted that we eliminate, or some how make sure folks will be certain to get the correct "skinny" or we will have "another fine mess you've gotten us into" to quote Laurel and Hardy!

8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
just delete this when its ready . no worries...wedge

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
As soon as Misty's has it's server ready I'll get into the "how to" and join up.  I'll d/l TeamSpeak and FSHost in the meantime.  Should be a lot of fun!    ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Dragnhorn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
UH O  There are 4 files listed for TeamSpeak.  Not sure which one is correct.  Two are Client and two are server.  I'm assuming it's one of the Client downloads but have no idea.  Help please.    :-\
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

WeDGe

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
that should be the top one "windows client".....the second is just a update i think and we havent updated anything in a while so the older file should be fine......I remeber when i first joined a teamspeak channel , i had a lump in my throut so big i could barly speak.....It can be alittle intimidating at first , but even if you dont have a microphone you can just join the channel and listen if you like
                                                                                                                        Cheers Wedge

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
Wedge,
although I have TeamSpeak 2 and use it for the VA I'm afraid that after 5 or 6 years since I set it up I do not remember squat about how to set it for another server.  Can you provide a nice step 1,2,3.... an what to do to get on teamspeak with youse guys???

Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
Sure thing Spud...should be as easy as entering the new ip and hitting connect but i,ll dig around and see what i can come up with ..i,m working now but i,ll try and post tomorrow before noon...WeDGe

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 06:14:01 PM »
Enter the new IP?  I click on quick connect and the first box says:
Server address: I assume that is where the new IP would go. 174.133.247.18.8814?
Then there are
Nickname:
Login Name (optional):
Password: alfa

EDIT:
Wedge,
I got Teamspeak figured out and got on and into Ground Communications #1 with the password so that part is taken care of.  I'll try and figure out the FShost now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:32:20 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »
Team speak how to connect step by step .I,m assuming you already saved it  and installed it, now to connect.

The first screen you select Connection and then Quick connect.

Then all you do is add the ip address and  a nickname you would like people to see you as on TS.
there is no need for a password at this time

Thats it your connected to the terminal channel. password "alfa" is used to switch between channels

Dont forget to set up your push to talk button.go to settings.

Then sound and input.

Here you can select which key you want to use to activate your mic..I use the Tab key. Just click "set" then hit whatever button on your keyboard you wish to use

you have to use a key that isent used as a command for fsx, for example if you selected the "P" key you would be pausing the sim everytime you push to talk.

A word about voice activation, you can try it if you wish , but my past experience is that the sound of your aircraft engine will randomly activate the mic and make it hard to here your speech, also if its set to sensative  you,ll virtually be blowing in everyones ears...lol save yourself some trouble and just use push to talk...cheers WeDGe ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:54:46 PM by WeDGe »

Dragnhorn

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 01:42:59 AM »
All downloaded, installed and set up.  Thanks for the screens and clear instructions WeDGe.

Not sure what to do with FSHost.  After extracting the files they are not in a folder per se and I don't see an install or setup file.  Still learning.   ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

Doug

• Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
Bruce, all ...

This is important for the MP folks, so I'm "archiving" it on the FAQ page.  Could you all take a quick look at it. On the Summary, I didn't quite understand what is there in "blue".  So I'll need wording there. Then look at the instructions for each step ... anything else that needs to be added, etc?

Look under "T" for Team Speak.

D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 10:05:58 AM »
Bruce, all ...

This is important for the MP folks, so I'm "archiving" it on the FAQ page.  Could you all take a quick look at it. On the Summary, I didn't quite understand what is there in "blue".  So I'll need wording there. Then look at the instructions for each step ... anything else that needs to be added, etc?

Look under "T" for Team Speak.

D

Doug,
what the 'blue' part is saying is that when you pick a key that you're going to use to activate your mic. do not pick a key that is used anywhere in FSX or that function will activate along with your mic.  The example given the "P" key would activate you mic. but at the same time it would pause the sim.  Wedge uses the tab key but I use that to switch back and forth to things like the TeamSpeak screen or FSHostClient etc. so I picked the right CTRL key because it is not used in FSX and I avoid programming it for any of the keys you can program for the sim.
Hope this makes sense.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »
That's what I needed ... thank you. I think it is all fixed up now.  That's a nice addition. Do we need anything like this for FSHost? Or anything else?  The FAQ page is there just for these kinds of things. So when the subject comes up on the forum, we can "point" people in that direction rather than repeating it.  Anytime we see something like this, let me know and I'll make sure it is archived in the FAQs.

D