Author Topic: Thorne Bay airstrip crash  (Read 8054 times)

Dieter

Re: Thorne Bay airstrip crash
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 04:11:40 AM »
The "problem" was really caused by extremly dense switching. These trees are gone after switching on step back.
But I'm not sure if I leave it this way. What will I miss? My system has no problem with an extremly dense setting.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:55 AM »
Dieter, I think it's okay to leave it back one setting. You won't really notice anything that will be missing except lower frame rates. Those will be higher!

So it's a positive setting change.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 10:24:53 AM »
Dieter,
the Extremely Dense setting should not be necessary.  With programs like Instant Scenery you can set what density setting needs to be used to view an object you add to scenery with IS.  I would be concerned about anybody who would use Extremely Dense settings as most people would never be able to enjoy their scenery.  One notch back should give you everything there is to see and prevent what you found with Thorne Bay Lodge.
I have noticed that with the new version when you go to PF08 in the Airport selection section of FSX the starting point is off the runway a few yards and no where near the approach end of either runway.  Could this be tweaked?
Later,

Spud