Author Topic: milviz otter  (Read 5485 times)

av8erjm

milviz otter
« on: November 24, 2017, 09:45:08 AM »
http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC3/index.php   

Just saw that Milviz released the DHC3 Otter, it would be a welcome addition to RTMM, IMHO

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: milviz otter
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »
Has anyone tried this yet?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »
I have it and fly it out of Misty's all the time.  It fly's great.

Tom
Tom

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 01:50:46 PM »
I just need more skins...

rgerdes

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »
I'm still trying to master the milviz beaver; only recently learned you havge to apply carb heat this time of year or the engine sputters - thought my sound card was acting up.  :P

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 06:16:07 PM »
 8)
 There's nothing worse than having your sound card ice up.
 LOL

Sue

rgerdes

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »
actually there is - when your ssd melts down...

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »
 8)
 Too true.
LOL
 Sue

av8erjm

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »
I wished myself a early Merry Christmas. What I've found you have to be way ahead of the plane, it does not turn on a dime so setting up approaches or landings takes more fore thought. The auto pilot takes a  little mastering as well, for some reason it shut itself off indiscriminately , not sure what's with that. More reading the manual. The thing that has me scratching my head is I've flown in and out of PF20 and PAKT and some of the other sceneries with no problem, but when I go into  Hollis HYL I will get a you have run out of available memory and CTD, so far that's the only one I've found, I flew it all the way from PAKT to Halibut Bay and no problem so not sure what the problem is there. Tomorrow will trying flying into PANC or KSEA and see what happens, I'm still flying FSX on Win 7 and have 8  megs of RAM, so open  to suggestions, HYL is one of my places I live to visit.

Blue Skies n' Tail Winds Jim

av8erjm

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
Took two flights in the past couple of days, 1st one from KPDX to KSEA, just to see if I could run out of memory. FPS stayed between 20 to 30 and no memory problems. 2nd flight flew from PAVD up to pipeline to PAGK to PANC, same thing and no running out of memory. Tomorrow I'm going to fly from PAKT to HYL and see what happens

TooMuchFS

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 04:26:21 AM »
Interestingly, I have just reinstalled Misty Moorings after a prolonged absence, and have found over the past few days I am getting OOM errors - but only when using the MilViz Beaver (haven't tested the Otter yet). Same routes , day, weather etc. in other aircraft don't give me any OOM issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?

(Windows 7 Pro (64bit), i7-49790K, 16GB RAM, FSX Accel, Nvidia Geforce GTX580

Stearmandriver

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 10:26:00 PM »
Interestingly, I have just reinstalled Misty Moorings after a prolonged absence, and have found over the past few days I am getting OOM errors - but only when using the MilViz Beaver (haven't tested the Otter yet). Same routes , day, weather etc. in other aircraft don't give me any OOM issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?

(Windows 7 Pro (64bit), i7-49790K, 16GB RAM, FSX Accel, Nvidia Geforce GTX580

Yup.  It's the MV Beaver.  I don't have the Otter,  but the Beaver is pretty weighty in terms of computer performance.   The more view switching and looking around I do,  the sooner I start seeing black squares of slow - loading ground texture.   I've been simming across Misty's world for a couple years and this is the only plane that forces me to back off the autogen slider.   I've been kind of hoping they can optimize it a bit in future updates.   A2A's recent stuff is just as high res and even a large complex plane like the Connie doesn't hit performance for me like this.

av8erjm

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 11:05:17 AM »
OK I understand the autogen solution, but I am still confused why it only happens when flying the Otter  in the PFJ. I have given thought to it being related to the ORBX PAKT scenery. I never had a problem before adding it

Stearmandriver

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 11:41:07 AM »
Interesting.   I am running the ORBX PAKT, as well as the Misty's Ketchikan harbor scenery.   Consequently,  the Ketchikan area definitely bogs my system down... but it's all so pretty I leave it installed ;-).  Never had a genuine OOM there though.   I've only actually ever seen that a couple times,  when testing the Beaver in the Seattle area with everything maxed out.   Oops lol.

Yardreamer

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »
Just to let you know it is amazing