Author Topic: Trouble with OZx OFF bgl's - Bear River Lodge showing in Coolangatta Australia.  (Read 3766 times)

Jethro7

Hello RTMM team,

I didn't think I would need your help so early, but I'm putting up the white flag on this one.

I am only new to RTMM, and have been installing, Part I Part II Part III Object Libraries, as well as the MED/APP, BWEP, Scenery Object tester (all objects present per the tester). I have attached pics of all the RTMM software installed so far, and their position in the my scenery library. (RTMM - SIRP & CIRP all)
The RTMM addons seem to be working properly in the SAK/PFJ/TFX regional areas.

I have found and disabled prior to installation all other freeware libraries as described in the Instruction's.
I have found and switched .OFF all relevant OZx\OZx_Lib\Scenery .bgl's as described in the "Part 1 Object library install instructions". (See pic below - for OZx_Lib files switched off).

In my FSX installation, I use OZx_AU, OZx_NA, OZx_Libs & all OZx freeware, Orbx /FTX & Freeware + all the regions needed for RTMM to work properly, except I don't have OLC NA/Can/AK 1&2 & Vector. I use FreeMeshX and TongassFjordsX.

While checking out an issue for someone @ YBCG - Coolangatta QLD Australia where I have some freeware OZx scenery installed, which was previously displayed correctly (prior to the RTMM Object library Software installation) I now notice there is a row of new houses with smoking chimney's (I believe they are the same Grand House as depicted in the RTMM "Bear River Lodge" scenery addon. (Pics below)

I have tried disabling all the installed RTMM addons, (including all the RTMM Object Libraries) to see if I could isolate the problem.
But......  the issue remains where this house has now found its way from the cold climbs of "British Columbia" to the subtropical climbs of the Gold Coast Queensland Australia.

Speculating on the possible cause........! might it be the Object library conversion where the RTMM Object files have now replaced the previous OZx_Lib FS9  (OZx - mwl, kh, ukvfr, seevkahn, ez, rwy12) bgl's.

Even with my acquired FSX skills, I cannot seem to find a possible answer to this, would one of you kind Gents take a look through my post & pictures and see if there is any possible solution or cause for the house /object swap now displaying in Cooly QLD.

Kind Regards Jeff

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:48:01 AM by Jethro7 »

Dieter

Coordinates would have been helpful, but I found the area, see my screenshot.
This seems to be FSX and Gold Coast scenery by"Max Kraus".

I have all RTMM and all OZx sceneries/libraries installed.
Sorry, don't know what causes your problem.
Btw,
Did you run the utility
- Disable OZx mwl, kh, UKVFR et al.cmd
By doing this, OZx users can use all  RTMM required "Object Libraries" without conflict.

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Dieter

I just saw you have Gold Coast installed  3 times!?
- one version by Max Kraus, one by John Ross and another one by John Manaras.
This  looks "fishy" and they might not fit with each other.
Try to deactive the John Manaras and the John Ross version and see the results.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Jethro7

Hello Dieter,

Thankyou for taking a look, YBGC Coolangatta is not that hard to find! Though I think Co-ordinates are useful for obscure locations the picture shows enough info in this case.

I humbly apologise for this "new topic"  as it appears my issue had nothing to do with RTMM Object Libraries or their reliable Object Lib installation processes.

Quote: Did you run the utility
- Disable OZx mwl, kh, UKVFR et al.cmd

Yes, I have successfully used and run the .cmd utility it found and switched off 54 OZx Lib .bgls

Quote: I just saw you have Gold Coast installed  3 times!?
- one version by Max Kraus, one by John Ross and another one by John Manaras.

Yes, It is perfectly acceptable to have all three active, provided you switch off a great many files around Cooly airport YBCG with "John Ross version" (which includes small scenery elements all the way from South Stradbroke/Surfers Paradise to Byron Bay.
If you notice I had John Ross's version (inactive) and was using John Manaras PR version and Max Kraus version (which play very well together and compliment each other).

I Have spent the day rooting through my sim files and have found the (culprit file) causing the appearance of the Bear River Lodge with smoking chimney + other dwellings along the Kira beach strip infront of YBGC airport.

A couple of years ago I installed a grab-bag of scenery for Australia from Teecee which includes a great many bgl's for Tasmania and other areas around QLD NSW & WA.
As my OZx Lib was now free of the conflicting bgl's via the Lib Objects .cmd utility, I decided to Disable Teecee's  (TC_Folder) in the FSX scenery Library and found that the offending buildings at YBCG had dissapeard, replaced with the default ones as shown in your picture.
(Now to hunting down the culprit file/s) There are about 2500 files in my "TC_Folder" so I began the painstaking job of halving and testing till there was only one file remaining.
After spending many hours it appears that this file was responsible "TC_Gold_coast_houses_IS.bgl" apparently it is calling objects from RTMM Converted Object Libraries. Switching off the file fixes my problem.
It is not the first time the files inside "TC_Folder\Scenery" has thrown a curly one my way, in future it will be the first suspect to be switched off.

Here's a picture (as it is now Fixed) same location as your picture. Note the buildings along the beach front are same as yours now, happy days. phew!

Kind Regards Jeff

Dieter

Great that you succeeded to solve the problem, the screenshot looks good.

Yes, Teecee designed a huge amount of additional small bgl files for Australia years ago already, but with the many scenery improvements through the years a lot of his files became obsolete and additionally are not recommended anymore and especially not for P3D (that's what he basically wrote somewhere in the OZx-forum, I couldn't find the source right now)

I was not aware that these 3 Gold Coast sceneries could be used together.
Is there still a page where to get John Manaras' Gold Coast scenery? 
Many greetings
Dieter

Jethro7

Thanks Dieter,

Yes I feel like I'm back on track now.

Still using FSX so Teecee's TAS stuff is still relevant at least until Orbx bring out Australia V2.
P3D is not an issue for me FSX has all I need.

If you are looking for John Manaras "Gold Coast"
here's a link: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1407-ybcg-gold-coast-qld-australia/

There is also a topic describing the Lib priority and "Cooly" stuff that needs to be disabled when using all three (JohnM JohnR & MaxK's) YBCG's.
Here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/16413-need-help-with-gold-coast/&do=findComment&comment=148943
And Here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/16413-need-help-with-gold-coast/&do=findComment&comment=148116
And Here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/16413-need-help-with-gold-coast/&do=findComment&comment=148387

Cheers Jeff
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:06:15 AM by Jethro7 »

Dieter

Thanks for informations, Jeff and still good luck with your FSX!
Many greetings
Dieter