Author Topic: FTX Central  (Read 7153 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: FTX Central
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
Dieter ... that's a neat trick. Didn't see that before. But did as you suggested. Selected the scenery, "move to scenery.cfg" submit and save. (It didn't change color by the way). Then reopened P3D and went to scenery library, it was still grayed out. So it didn't change anything. But this is starting to make sense ... at least there a hint of a pattern. They must be putting them in as xml or they wouldn't have that "move to scenery.cfg". Also, on the ones that are showing, the "move to xml" button lights up for those. If the "move to scenery.cfg" button worked, I'd be home free.

Dieter

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 08:50:31 AM »
The color did not change? It must change from dark green to light green! So you made a mistake?
Did you press "Submit" after moving to scenery.cfg? Additionally you must finally "Save" your work!

Do you use latest version 1.18?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
Nope...I have 1.12 version ... going there now for a later one ...

Dieter

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »
See here:
https://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html
scroll down to "(Prototype) Addon Organizer 1.18 for P3D 4.1 or 3.3"

Uninstal former version before installing the new one. (uninstall_AddonOrganizer.exe)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:03:16 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 09:09:53 AM »
YES!!!! It worked!  I didn't have the NEW Lorby, that's first. I tried it first on my two Fairbanks X folders. When the 1.18 was installed, I did just what Dieter said, "move to scenery.cfg" submit/save ... the color changed to the light green. I checked in the P3D Scenery Library ... no longer grayed out ...active.  Checked in FTX Central, and both Fairbanks X folders are now showing. That's it!

So I think now I just have to go into all of the "dark green" entries (all of my RTMM) and make this move on them and I'll be OK.  Lots of keyboard work this morning, but I'll get it done. Once finished, I'll post here the solution with pictures so anybody else can see what I did in case they have a similar problem.

Thanks all ... thank you Dieter!!!
Doug

Dieter

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
Glad you made it, Doug!
Many greetings
Dieter

Doug

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 10:03:50 AM »
OK ... all is working, all looks normal. I had to go in and "move to scenery.cfg" each of my 500 files (I'm a bit cross-eyed at the moment!). Went into FTX Central, they were all there on the list. I made and saved the insertion points, that worked.  Went into my P3D V4 Scenery Library, everything was there, no longer grayed out and all are "active" ... (I can edit, move, etc). So Dieter comes to the rescue again! Thank you!

Bottom line ... Lorby is a great tool, but when you put things into the library using it, they are going in as xml files. These cannot be seen by FTX Central and they are grayed out and inactive in your P3D V4 Scenery Library.

If you have P3D V4, you must use version V1.18. If the entry is DARK GREEN or DARK RED, these are "xml" entries. To see them in FTX Central and the Scenery Library, you have to click on each one of them, then click on "Move to Scenery.cfg" then Submit and after you have done them SAVE!! As you move them, they turn light green. Anything Dark Red turns to sort of pink. So light green and pink mean you have the file in the scenery.cfg file.

Again, thanks to all!
Doug

Dieter

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »
So light green and pink mean you have the file in the scenery.cfg file.
Correct, but pink color means the scenery is not active!
Many greetings
Dieter

Doug

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 10:35:25 AM »
Correct. I was referring about anything Dark Red (inactive) changing to Pink when you put it into the scenery.cfg file ... and it remains INactive.

I'm wondering why more people using Lorby are not having the FTX Central problem and a Scenery Folder problem ... maybe they don't use ORBX? Also it would be nice if you could "multiple files" to the scenery.cfg instead of one at a time. Anyway it is all working. Thanks again Dieter!

Dieter

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
it would be nice if you could "multiple files" to the scenery.cfg instead of one
That's something that might be addressed to the author himself. He's German -Oliver Binder-.
He is permanently updating his software. There a "contact us" on his web side. You might ask him about this.
Many greetings
Dieter

Doug

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 11:12:10 AM »
I'll do that.  I don't want to discourage him, it is an amazing program, but literally incompat with ORBX at this moment. Surely he knows that, but I'll mention it via "contact".

D

Dieter

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 11:18:17 AM »
Is it really incompatible with Orbx? I don't think so.
I would rather say Orbx FTXCentral is not able to handle all possibilities that the new version P3Dv4.x is offering!
Many greetings
Dieter

Doug

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 11:27:25 AM »
That could be.

Penzoil3

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »
 8)
 This is why I don't trust Lorby.

Doug

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »
Well, the xml thing threw me, but that’s my lack of knowledge, not their fault. But I wonder why they do it with the xml and not the standard way flight sim has always worked. Also, am I the only person that couldn’t see a list in FTX Central using Lorby?  Now that I have every thing converted to the scenery.cfg File, I’m wondering if I need it. By the way, Thanks for your input today. Much appreciated.

Doug