Author Topic: KMZ/KML into Plan G  (Read 6554 times)

marc2140

KMZ/KML into Plan G
« on: February 24, 2018, 02:35:12 PM »
Hello
I found the attached KML file of spanish airports, together with download of the airports themselves. Anyone who could tell me if and how I could import this in Plan G?
Thanks.
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: KMZ/KML into Plan G
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:35:24 PM »
Ok Marcel:

1. Extract the AirHispania SC 2.zip 

it extracts to : AirHispania SC 2.15.kml

2. Open Plan G

3. On the Plan G Home tab > Click the KML button which will open a search form..  Navigate to AirHispania SC 2.15.kml and click open.  And you can see the effects at Spain etc.

To clear or Close the KML file from your PLAN G display, click the small arrow under the PLAN G kml icon and select CLEAR and the KML display will disappear from your PLAN G.

Open or close if any time you want using these steps.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

marc2140

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:37 AM »
Thank you Norm
Now next step: I also have a file with all the castles in Spain. Do you know if there is an easy way to turn the data in this file (similar to the airports file) into something that I could import as user points in Plan G?
Or do I have to go into each single BGL file and try to decompile to find the coordinates?
Cheers
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:40:15 PM »
Not sure Marcel..

if it can be converted into a csv excel file, it can be imported direct into Plan G waypoints/POI and then the POI will show on the map.. Format is as Sir Dieters does it on His RTMM corner:  "Dieter's Corner" http://return.mistymoorings.com/mistys/#dieter

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

simurq

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
Thank you Norm
Now next step: I also have a file with all the castles in Spain. Do you know if there is an easy way to turn the data in this file (similar to the airports file) into something that I could import as user points in Plan G?
Or do I have to go into each single BGL file and try to decompile to find the coordinates?
Cheers

Marcel,

It's possible but a bit tricky... But it's especially practical (and pleasing) if you're going to decompile and add say hundreds of object coordinates (like a single RTMM BGL file which contains coordinates of hundreds other objects scattered around the Alaska/BC wilderness). We can discuss the details but basically - most of the scenery BGL files can be exported in XML format using tools such as BGL2XML, which can later be imported into MS Excel (not sure about Open Office but I think it's possible as well) and manipulated there. Basically, you'll need just to delete unneccessary columns after importation of XML-based BGL file in Excel and save only the coordinates as a CSV file, which you can later open in Plan-G or Google Earth to tinker further...

PS: This little tool, which I use quite often, can also come in handy.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:23:05 PM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev