Author Topic: textures not loading properly  (Read 4248 times)

LouP

textures not loading properly
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
Looks like I have another weird thing going on in v4.  Yesterday I took a flight from PAWG (Wrangle, AK) to CBM5 (Telegraph Creek, BC) and the textures never fully loaded properly when I got over the border.  They were blurry all the way there and were so bad when I got to CBM5 everything was just a big blurry mess.  I loaded a new flight starting out at CBM5 just to test things out and everything looked fine.  I did some research and saw that I was a candidate for deleting my shader cache based on the fact that I did upgrade my video drivers a couple of times and have been adding scenery ( I have all the ORBX and RTMM stuff in the area I was flying).  I figure that by deleting the cache things would be ok today but just tested it out and the same thing is going on.  I'm starting to wonder if all this scenery just isn't compatible with v4.

Any ideas anyone?

LouP

BTW. I have an i7 980x extreme cpu and a 1080 GTX video card in case that might help.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: textures not loading properly
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:35:53 PM »
Hi Lou,

The ORBX & RTMM scenery is perfectly compatible with P3Dv4 so that is not it.  You currently have a monster video card feeding a processor the generationally is 7 years old.  The current day processors are at least 60% faster in a single core comparison.  So that might be an issue. 

More than likely you can improve the situation by turning down your P3Dv4 settings.  You certainly do not have a processor that would support extremely high texture resolution settings.  What resolution are you running on your screen and what texture resolution do you have set?

I will let other P3Dv4 users comment if needed since I am not currently running P3Dv4.

Rod

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
Hi and how MEM do hou have ? mini is 8 giga .
Before did you go to control Pannel NVIDIA  and tick on p3Dv4 in program parameters
and apply

That all

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
Sounds like a bad case of what's known as "the blurries." You should be able to overclock that CPU and get around 25% more than the stock 3.3ghz speed out of it. Just a thought. Also, turn off as many background processes that you can, including your AV.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

LouP

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »
Hi guys, sorry for not providing more details.  The cpu is a 6 core, 12 thread processer and is overclocked at 4.1 gig.  I know it's dated but it should be enough to handle v4.  I also have 16 gig of memory on the machine.  I had the settings up pretty high at one point because I was getting fps in the 60's and was toying with turning things up.  I have since turned them down but now this is happening.  Maybe the sim doesn't like it when you turn settings down lol

Patrick,  What is it that I should be applying in the nVidia control panel?  I did see the power management mode was on maximum performance so I changed that to adaptive.  Other than that, I'm not sure what else to select.  Most of the selections are on global settings or application controlled.

LouP

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »
     I find that at times when my textures aren't keeping up, which is usually always (until v4 ;) ), it helps to pause the sim and let it "catch up" or do a circular loop in the route.  If you wait a bit, do the textures finally load up?  ???

Also, I use a utility called "clean sweep" that cleans my RAM of obsolete information, freeing up space.  It's part of my Advanced SystemCare program.  I use it during flights when the RAM is getting full.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:56:25 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

LouP

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 12:20:31 AM »
OK fixed it whew!  ::)  I did two things based on some reading I did and the problem vanished.  I uninstalled the ORBX trees and rolled back my overclock a tad (which was not aggressive at all).  I don't know which one was the culprit (or maybe both), but I'm not touching either of those lol.

LouP

rgerdes

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 01:52:23 AM »
FWIW I was having blurries problems with my set up in v4 - it turned out the affinity mask setting that I carried over from v3 was the problem..
p3d v4 doesn't like an affinity mask setting in the cfg.
Bob

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 04:37:22 AM »
Hi your OS system energy is on maximum ?
Normaly with V4 for Nvidia Control panel isn't necessary to modify setting all are in the V4 Graphics control .
untick vertical/sync  FXAA .
 and your MSAA and AA 4 /8 and try with  different values .

And the last test : look at if something would be warm in your computeur components .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:11 AM »
 8) Open Hadrware Monitor is a great tool for checking system temps.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

LouP

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 08:10:28 PM »
Thanks guys but it's all fixed and running better than ever.  Did dome test flights that were giving me problems and they were crystal, crisp, clear.  Best sim ever, just don't use ORBX Trees till they do something with them lol.

LouP