Author Topic: Doug is feeling better / Solar Eclipse Meeting  (Read 3753 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Doug is feeling better / Solar Eclipse Meeting
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »
Good news! Heard from Doug and he's doing much better. His eyes have been corrected and cataract surgeries went well. He did have one small micro-stitch that needed repair and he's on the mend for that. He should be back at "Misty's Place" soon and it's going to be nice to have him back. So please send out those encouragement posts to welcome him back once he arrives.

I'm driving up from Orlando to meet up with Doug to watch the upcoming Solar Eclipse on August 21st. We'll be meeting in the morning near where he lives and then finding a spot along the eastern shore of Lake Moultrie. We'll be near a small town named Bonneau, SC at the "Watermark Bar and Grille" which sits along the lake shore.

If anybody else want's to join us, come on down!! Just don't forget to bring your Eclipse viewing glasses!!

Brad

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Doug is feeling better / Solar Eclipse Meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
Really great news!
Thank you Brad.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
Innovative way to give the new eyes a road test. Enjoy your time together.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
Great news that Doug is doing well!   I am jealous of the road trip to see totality!   Sounds great!

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:48:23 PM »
Great news!                        :)   :P     <-(sun & moon)

(watching eclipse)->  8)  8)   8)  8) :o  8)  8)  8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:57:04 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 05:09:58 PM »
Unfortunately, Nina and I were unable to make the trip to visit with Doug and see the eclipse in totality. Due to the bad weather forecast for the area of South Carolina we were going to try and see the eclipse, we decided against making the trip.

We'll try again in 2024 when it passes over Texas then travels northeastward and exits the country over Maine.

Doug, we'll try to stop by during a weekend visit to that part of the coastline. We've been planning a long weekend up there for awhile and we'll make it a point to meet up with you and have dinner maybe?

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »
Hi Brad,

Weather was a little sketchy in Charleston this afternoon so the view may not have been great but it still got dark!   Totality in 2024 goes directly over Cleveland on April 8.  Might be a little nippy with light snow but it will still get dark  :).   Personally, I am hoping for clear weather.  Maybe you will be in town to visit the relatives the week after Easter :)

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:08 AM »
Rod,

Nina and I are definitely planning on being there for that one. Where to watch it from is the question. Everyone will be along the shoreline of Lake Erie I'm sure and I'm not too keen on dealing with that kind of traffic jam. It's passing over Niagara Falls as well and that would be pretty cool but also a traffic nightmare.

Well we have six and a half years to figure something out.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 05:38:48 PM »
Hi Brad,

Will have to wait until I see a detailed map of totality with the little towns to determine where to go.  You are right...got a little time to figure it out.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 04:54:09 PM »
Last time I looked the sun is visible from just about any wide spot in the road!  :P Along the path of totality any place with open sky will be all A##holes and elbows.  Find a quite little clearing out in the boonies and look up!  Perhaps a tent and some hooch to make things homey!
Later,

Spud