Author Topic: Jeansy's boats update  (Read 11648 times)

Teecee

Jeansy's boats update
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »
Jeansy has done an interesting thing over at Ozx, he has updated the default small boats in the sims.. I have DL and installed it and will report back.. Teecee.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Jeansy's boats update
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »
Just an FYI, due to permission and ownership issues we don't support anything OzX in our RTMM libraries since the FSXP3D conversion project. If you install anything OzX you're on your own and may (or may not) create problems.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Teecee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »
Not sure I understand this.. RTMM used and promoted Ozx not too long ago..Is this just since Prepar3d V4 came out? Teecee.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »
Hi Teecee,
Just to clarify, RTMM hasn't promoted OzX since the FSXP3D conversion in any capacity. Perhaps other users may have. Except for several of their object libraries that we had specific permission to convert for compatibility purposes, we have don't use any of their objects in our scenery. If you can point me to an official RTMM post showing that we use and promote OzX, (after the conversion project was completed) I'd like to read it. As for the 'default small boats" can you clarify what those are and what was done to them. Thanks.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:25:36 AM »
Hi Teecee,

Just to enhance Steve's response, the conversion to the new FSX/P3D compatible RTMM object libraries finished in mid 2014.  So, we haven't included the OZx libraries as part of the required RTMM Object Libraries for 3 years.   In todays world, any new object libraries you may add other than the libraries required by RTMM pose a risk of interfering with our object set.  So, as Steve says, user beware!

Rod

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »
 :( >:(
 If it actually comes down to a choice between RTMM and OzX, RTMM gets dumped. So far, running both in my FSX SE, and P3D4; I see no problems.
   I don't appreciate your helpful attitudes on this. I have been with OzX since 2008, back when it was VOZ. You are a fairly new discovery.
 Sue
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:46:25 PM by Penzoil3 »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
I use RTMM and OZx with no problems.  It's not an us or them thing.  I look forward to seeing these new boats and finding out what's been done to them.  It sounds like a good thing that the boats have been updated.  I don't know what was wrong with them before.  ???  What "RTMM" is saying is only that we don't support OZx scenery and you'll have to use it at your own risk.  I'm OK with that.  RTMM and OZx are separate entities.  Is that not helpful information?  Also, we don't mind if you don't use RTMM scenery.  It is freely available if you wish.  We all just like bush flying and wish to promote its future.   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »
Hold on a minute. As I consider our relationship with OZx to be good, I'll weigh in here. We've never had any issues with OZx and as far as I know they've never had any issues with us. I use and love their Australia and NA sceneries and have used them for years. I was also a user of the original VOZ scenery before JV started ORBX so my history with these mates goes back over a decade. In fact, you can probably still find my first scenery files I did for PNW available on OZx in their forums somewhere.

There's no animosity from me towards OZx and shouldn't be any from anyone else here at RTMM that I'm aware of. And there's definitely no "Us or Them" mentality. So please don't think that there is because that's just not true.

After Rod and Steve were done converting all of our libraries of objects in 2014, in 2015, "Treetops" from OZx contacted me and asked if RTMM would be willing to do the same thing for the entire OZx object library. That would've been a huge undertaking but one we considered. We were willing to convert their library using our process for all three platforms, but stipulated that if we did, then the developers at OZx would grant permission for the developers at RTMM to be allowed to use the OZx library of objects for projects outside of Australia like in the RTMM scenery area.

OZx declined our offer and refused to allow us to use any of their objects beyond the ones I personally secured permissions for. Those were from Ken Hall and Mark Lee. That's fine and entirely within their rights of ownership so we respected their wishes and continue to do so to this day.

So that's why we don't use any of the OZx objects beyond the Ken and Mark objects. There's never been any cross promotion agreement but I'm a forum member in good standing and regularly visit the OZx site to see what they're up to down under.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding and appreciate that we keep these forums positive towards both shareware groups. When Steve said we don't support OZx he meant the objects beyond what we have permissions to use and those again are from Ken Hall and Mark Lee. All OZx objects or OZx enhancements should remain supported by them and not by us.

I think Teecee was just saying that he'd report back on an OZx update by Jeansy here for users that frequent both sites like myself. I didn't see him asking for any support on anything TBH. And Steve did ask Teecee if he could share more information on the small boats in a subsequent post so I think the message thread is on the right track but communication can sometimes be misconstrued.

Again, there is and never has been an us or them stipulation and we happily coexist as far as I'm concerned. I love their efforts and hope they like ours.

Hope this clears things up.

Brad
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:07:39 PM by Bradallen43 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 10:50:16 PM »
I totally agree with what Brad said and sorry if there was any misunderstanding. 

Rod 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »
Jeansy has done an interesting thing over at Ozx, he has updated the default small boats in the sims.. I have DL and installed it and will report back.. Teecee.

I look forward to your report, sir.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Penzoil3

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 11:23:41 PM »
 8)
 Ok, thanks. Perhaps I misunderstood. The "buyer beware" is what did it I think...
 Sue

Dieter

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 03:16:20 AM »
@Brad
thanks for your clear statement between the relationship of RTMM and OZx.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »
Absolutely! I love their work and consistently strive to come close to what they have to offer. I think we've done alright here and hope both OZx and RTMM have a place in our hobby for whatever the future will bring.

Brad

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 12:18:31 AM »
"" I don't appreciate your helpful attitudes on this. I have been with OzX since 2008, back when it was VOZ. You are a fairly new discovery.
 Sue"

Now there's a nice "how do you do". I recall years ago when the libraries were first being converted. There was an option of "OZX, or no OZX. I chose the former, of course, because I had OzX. I have never since had a compatibility problem...not one. If you ain't cut, don't scream. Sue, you are free to go elsewhere with your complaints. I see how that worked out for you over at ORBX so you'll be running out of forums soon.. Now I see why.

jsapair
Jsapair

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 12:43:17 AM »
Jsapair,

I think we can stop now. Sue misunderstood the original commentary and I explained our situation about OZx. I believe she said she misunderstood so let's just leave it alone please. Enough with the personal attacks. There's no place for that on our forums.

Thank you,

Brad   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:44:58 AM by Bradallen43 »