Author Topic: Win10 pro 64 - Bluescreen loop  (Read 20426 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Win10 pro 64 - Bluescreen loop
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »
I came across this when I googled "repair master boot record".

1)bootrec /RebuildBcd
  2)bootrec /fixMbr
  3)bootrec /fixboot

You need to run whis from the dos prompt. Again never tried so use at your own risk.

My gut feeling is the software install has damaged the video drivers.

And he also said in the same post that no repair functions worked, which I mostly based that particular comment on.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:05:22 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
Hello,
I'm connected to the internet via my ipad and laptop.

I have a recovery disc from my computer's manufactor. With this recovery disc I can boot and have access to windows repair functions, which includes a DOS Prombt
I tried all mbr repair functions you advised and I also googled for.
Nothing worked.

Disconnecting all drives except the c: drive didn't work as I said in an earlier post.

Next I will do is restoring windows from the recovery disc. My last restore point is quite some time ago. I know, it's my own fault. I will give this a try and then see how my system works.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »
Good luck Klaus! Keep us posted.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »
The restore will only effect your system files and not your data and windows should have created them as it did updates.

Lipra

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 10:27:59 AM »
I came across this when I googled "repair master boot record".

1)bootrec /RebuildBcd
  2)bootrec /fixMbr
  3)bootrec /fixboot

You need to run whis from the dos prompt. Again never tried so use at your own risk.

My gut feeling is the software install has damaged the video drivers.

And he also said in the same post that no repair functions worked, which I mostly based that particular comment on.

you can only try these things not sure why you want to give me grief, I and a couple of others are not in Germany cant see what is happening but doing our best with limited access.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »
Sorry. Not intending to give you grief by any means. Just trying to keep from going in circles and suggesting things that he's already tried or said he can't do.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »
Could you have lost your disk partition? Steve, I'm wondering if that Drive Image XML software would allow a glimpse into what his drive looks like. The free demo allowed me to see what my drive looked like, and what was on it. Of course to actually use it you have to shell out some $$$. Just a thought.

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2017, 06:55:11 AM »
No. He would have had to have imaged it with DriveImage XML first. It's free, by the way. (Or are you talking about the Get Data Back program, which I don't know would help?)
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
He has either a damaged USB or video driver and the ONLY way he is going to get it fixed is to restore or, the dreaded re-install of windows and everything else. I have no idea why you guys keep trying to second guess someone who has already been through this mess.

Lipra

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »
He has either a damaged USB or video driver and the ONLY way he is going to get it fixed is to restore or, the dreaded re-install of windows and everything else. I have no idea why you guys keep trying to second guess someone who has already been through this mess.

I think we established that early on Steve [damaged drivers]. The question that bugs me is why we cant get to a positon to allows us to repair those 2 drivers. The easy option is for us to ensure we have a back up of our drives. I suspect that if everyone on the forum was asked few if any could say they have a good backup and be confident it would work. In this case the net gives us the probable problem but not a neat way to repair.

Yes I agree I spent too long looking at repair of mbr

BBQSteve

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
Ok, my last post on this. If you don't have a good system restore or backup, you are wasting your time. The problem you have is no way of telling which driver is causing the problem, therefore you need a restore. Short of this, format an complete reinstall. I wish you luck, but that's it for me.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2017, 05:16:41 PM »
Hello,
and thanks so much for all of you trying to help me and giving advice what could work getting my system working again. I had lot to do at office the last few days, so I wasn't able to post here.
Please sorry for that!

I tried all adviced measurements, but unfortunatly they didn't work.
I tried system restore, I had several restore points, but the restores didn' t work, too. Doing some googling I learned there's a bug in win10 preventing a system restore. I found some advice to deal with this, but also this didn't work.
So finally, I now did reinstall of windows10. I have now a working windows again and downloading the latest updates while writing this.

I will now install all my drivers, software and devices.
This is also the tome for me, I will change from P3dv3 to P3dv4. I think it doesn't make no sense installing v3 again. So, I'll try to get something positive from this situation.....and buildup a new simsystem. So, there's much to do the following days.

Thanks again for your helping me....

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Penzoil3

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »
 8) May we assume that you aare going to back up your system now ?
 Sue

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2017, 06:55:39 PM »
Yes, I will backup the system......I will never want to get into such bad situation ago :-[

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2017, 08:09:02 AM »
Klaus, I've been using this for years, it's completely free and works great.You can easily browse an image and pull out individual files if you want to. I keep 2 images of all of my drives and update overnight on a regular basis. Very simple to use.

http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support