Author Topic: "RAM-overload" when installing HunterBayCannery  (Read 5945 times)

aeugli

"RAM-overload" when installing HunterBayCannery
« on: March 14, 2011, 06:32:09 AM »
Hi to all,
there must be something wrong with Hunter Bay Cannery (Version 1.0)(Added 1.29.11) (may be scenery itself or sound-files?).

Everytime when I tried to activate Hunter Bay in the FSX-Library (I´ve had the sound.bgl-files and the scenery.bgl-file in the same scenery-subfolder of the Hunter Bay Folder) I got an advice: There is no more RAM left, close FSX and change settings to lower values. Nothing more with FSX was possible.
I´ve to hit "ok" and FSX is closing; it wasn´t possible to open FSX again after that without gaining the same odd advice (no more RAM left...etc).

My RAM was tested with MemTest running: no errors, everything ok!!!
All other programms on my rig (for example Google earth) were running without problems.

Cost me one weekend to find a workaround how to be able to reopen FSX at least again (I´ve to delete the scenery.cfg completely and let FSX build a new one; without ANY RTMM-sceneries activated in there of course),
and to find out the culprit (Hunter Bay Cannery) finally.
This "runout" of RAM happened even when Hunter Bay Cannery was the very first scenery I tried to activate in the FSX-Library!!!

Cheers Rainer
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:36:52 AM by aeugli »
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: "RAM-overload" when installing HunterBayCannery
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »
Well Hell,

I'm now seeing what Chris pointed out a few days ago. Some missing textures on several objects at Hunter Bay. That could be the problem.

I'd remove Hunter Bay and then install the other RTMM scenery you prefer and see if you don't get any more memory errors.

Looks like a rebuild for Hunter Bay is in order. Shoot!

Brad

aeugli

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »
Hi Brad,
thanks for your answer and the new rebuild in the future.
Of course I deleted Hunter Bay, otherwise the sim wouldn´t start anymore!
And for shure IT IS Hunter Bay definitely; I´ve tested that out!

Cheers Rainer
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:03:57 AM »
Just visited Hunter Bay yesterday and all was working fine for me.  I'll check it out today and get back with the results.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
Mine is working ok.  It's been a couple of months since I've been there. I had actually forgotten how beautiful this scenery location is.  This is one of the jewels in the crown for sure. 

By the way:
  When you need those coordinates in a hurry for a location or feature in Misty Moorings, don't forget the "dat" file we have for FSDiscover. You don't need FSDiscover to use the "dat" file ... just open it with Notepad. You can then use the dat file to find your location, then go to the FSX "map" and put in the coordinates and it puts you there instantly.  We have over 400 features and locations in the file, each one added manually and checked for accuracy.
You can get the dat file ZIP HERE:http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/faq/files/rtmm.zip
Or you can peek it it HERE: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/faq/files/rtmm.dat

We update it about once ever 3 or 4 days ... always adding items to it.  The latest is always available in the Map Room: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/maproom/index.php.  Also, don't forget Dieter Linde's cvs files that update Plan-G ... they are there also and updated every time we add a new scenery location.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:58:24 AM by Doug »

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »
Computers are really strange somtimes.
Checked this scenery again, no problems.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
Just did a quick flyover and everything seems to be working but did not notice any boat wakes showing and did not check for the sounds.  Textures are fine including the waterfall.
Have a Dr. appt. soon so will check the sounds later.
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
Rainier,

Just to try something, can you remove the new Hunter Bay Audio files from your scenery and try Hunter Bay again please?

Just want to see if that may have something to do with this issue.

Brad

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
I´ve already been there, too. And it worked well!!

Just a thought. Could it be possible to add a landable helipad there?
It´s a really nice location there, but didn´t find a good place landing my littlebird.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Dexthom

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »
There are no special sound files there, just the usual, water, wind, gulls.  As far as boat wakes, there's
one trawler coming and going there.  How much ram does the offending machine have?  I have not experienced a problem at that site.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 06:03:17 PM »
Checked on the sound files today and they are working fine.  Gets kind of loud when you taxi over to the waterfall.  I did see the wake on one small trawler this time so guess it is all OK.  No memory issues but I did have a very strange thing happen.
I was flying the Top Cub float model and looking around as I flew overhead.  As is the case I always seem to get lost on how to get my view back to straight and level and start flailing around.  I always remember the F12 key is overhead view and that give me a place to start from each time it turns to worms due to 'fumbling fingers of fate' on the keyboard.  Any way I suddenly did not have an overhead view.  It was simply a solid light skyblue screen.  Could not get F12 back with anything I tried.  So I decided to switch airplanes and OHgod the screen that shows the present aircraft you are using like on the opening screen was also solid skyblue, no airplane showed.  Shut the sim down and restarted it.  Now the background screen that is totally black with just the progress bar in the small white box when scenery is loading is also skyblue.  As the dry choking feeling in my throat began to be felt I closed the sim. Turned off the computer and did a cold boot.  Cycled FTX Central to default and back to North America and started the sim.  All better now!  You would think that whatever the problem was that shutting down the sim and restarting it would have fixed it but had to completely shut down the computer etc.  Continued to fly at Hunter Bay for another half hour to make sure the problem was not from the scenery and everything worked as advertised.
Now 'my head hurts'!  Do not scare me like that again!!!!
 8)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:05:57 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

aeugli

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »
Hi Brad,
generally I´m fed up with that... after a whole weekend, you know...
But, may be I´ll change my mind tomorrow (after work, it´s a long day for me) and will try what you are suggesting.
Be patient, I´ll do my very best.

Hi Dexthom,
I´m running WIN7 32bit, 4GB RAM,  available/useable 2.7GB; never ever had issues, even when running YMML v2.0 (ORBX Airport Melbourne), with a really heavy RAM-load as well as CPU-load.

Cheers to all
Rainer
Rainer

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
I don't think this is related to scenery, I read a thread somewhere that dealt specifically with out of memory errors in FSX and the general thrust was that it is down to a setting or other either in windows or fsx, unfortunately I don't remember where I read it, but a search under those terms might fetch something up. If the scenery was at fault a lot more people would be reporting it, when just one or two report a problem then you can start looking at their setups and install processes etc, but the scenery itself is not likely to be the root of the problem.

GrahamP

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
Just flown to Hunter Bay and it's working fine for me, including the sounds.
Graham