Author Topic: Sound Enhancement files for Misty's Place - A Long story to tell  (Read 14315 times)

GrahamP

Re: Sound Enhancement files for Misty's Place - A Long story to tell
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
Doug,

I'm with Spud in the confusion.  What you've suggested to him in your reply doesn't work for me.

Unless I'm mistaken, the files you have on the sceenery download page are not the correct ones for the sounds at Misty's Place. 

There is no misty's_place_service_pack1.zip, which Spud has indicated should be there.

The bgl files in the download from the SOUND icon appear to be wrong  - please see my post #23 in this thread and the following posts between Spud and I.

I am really finding it difficult to keep track of changes, especially where it appears files that are linked to for downloading may be wrong.

Apologies if it's me that's wrong.  I'm just getting so confused with this.
Graham

Dexthom

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »
Graham,  You are not going "batty", I downloaded the file using the "S" and it is indeed the wrong one.
What went kerfluie during the file transfers, I can't say, but it wasn't a good thing.  I have notified Doug of the problem and he will make the appropriate fix.  I apologize for the whole kit and kabuddle.  Unfortunately we can not offer a refund at this time, er.... or ever!  :'(

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
OK ... try it now ... make sure we've got it right.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
I would do that but the sound file on the download page still is calling the wrong file names as far as I can tell.  Could you verify that the sound download is correct?
Thanks
 8)

Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »
mistys_place_sound_service_ pack_1.zip

This, according to Dex is the correct file, and this is the one the sound icon is downloading.

Doug

archangel1

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »
Boy, this is one time I'm glad I don't have FSX up and running! (May at the earliest  :( )

Ignoring the file names and bgls for a moment, what are the wav files one should be seeing? The 'wrong' pack held campfire, day_loud_rural, gulls3, hangar, night, twopinacoladas and wind.  The service pack has only gulls3, ocean and TwoPinaColadas.  Should there be that much of a difference between them?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

RAYBENA

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »
I downloaded the sound file that " didn;t work" and installed it.. no sound.  Then I noticed the new sound Pack tonight and downloaded it.  I deleted the 4 files in Misty Place Scenery folder and installed all the bgl, fx and wave files as noted.  I even went and reloaded to Misty Place into my Scenery Library..  I tried Dusk, Night (different hours)... Still no music from the Bar...not sure of other sounds..
I'll keep watching the forum for any answer.  Should I have deleted any other files in the Original Sound File?

GrahamP

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 05:51:16 AM »
This still doesn't look right to me.

Misty_Sound_Water_controller_FSX.Bgl is calling fx_lakewave but there is no fx_lakewave.fx in the download.

fx_ocean.fx and ocean.wav are in the download but there is no .Bgl file calling them.

I see a number of the previous .wav files are no longer included (hangar.wav, night.wav, wind.wav, campfire.wav, day_loud_rural.wav).  I'm just wondering whether this is intentional or not.

Is there a process to check that files are correct before they are uploaded?  Just wondering.

Graham,  You are not going "batty"

Maybe not yet but this has gotta be a good way to get there  ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:26:44 AM by GrahamP »
Graham

Dieter

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »
Well, at this time it seems, that only Misty's Place sounds  is giving some confusion, (for me too)

Isn't it possible to create a Misty Place sound zip-file with all datas that are needed?
So every old file ( bgl, fx, wav)  could be deleted and we can install a complete sound. Then everybody has the same installation.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

RAYBENA

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
I deleted the "old Sound" bgl, fx and wav files...I HAVE SOUNDS!!!

Thank you for all your work.

Doug

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
The sound package there now has an "altered" readme that reflects which files you must take out, etc.

GrahamP

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »
Thanks for the updated readme but:

Misty_Sound_Water_FSX.Bgl is calling fx_lakewave but there is no fx_lakewave.fx in the download.

fx_ocean.fx and ocean.wav are in the download but there is no .Bgl file calling them.

I have deleted 4 .bgl files as per the updated readme.

But I still have the following existing .bgl files:

misty's_bar_crowd_fsx.bgl          -  calling fx_party  -  which is calling party.wav
misty's_bar_music_fsx.bgl          -  calling fx_MistyBarMusic (calling incorrectly typed file name)
misty's_hangar_fsx.bgl             -  calling fx_Misty'sHangar (calling incorrectly typed file name)
misty's_place_environment_fsx.bgl  -  calling fx_Misty'sPlaceEnvironment (calling incorrectly typed file name)
misty's place_night_fsx.bgl        -  calling fx_Misty'sPlaceNight (calling incorrectly typed file name)

If these last 5 .bgl files are no longer required, the updated readme doesn't say to delete them.

If these are still required, they are no longer available for downloading and 4 of them would need to be corrected to call the correct .fx file names.
Graham

gmazzei

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »
Hi

fx_lakewave.fx was contained in the  first  nina's_sound_fsx.zip   
and uses the sound lakewav2.wav contained in the actual nina's_sounds_service_pack2.zip

the following text is from  fx_lakewave.fx

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=2.00
Radius=24
Priority=1
[Sound]
FileName=lakewav2.wav
MinAttenuationDistance=50
Looping=TRUE

[Properties]
Cockpit=1