Author Topic: Another Problem  (Read 5296 times)

John

Another Problem
« on: June 09, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »
Back again >:( I recently reinstalled to C/FSX and finally got mostly up to date ::) now the problem is when the sim loads up it immediately starts the Aircreation Ultralight Friday Harbor flt :o but does not show up :( I then hit Esc and end the flt.  The start screen then shows up and everything is normal ??? From then on FSX works fine 8) I have no clue how to fix this, can anyone help please? ;D

John

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Another Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
There is a settings in the fsx.cfg that changes wether the default flight loads up.

Further research shows you should look for DISABLE PRELOAD= in the fsx.cfg. Change whatever value is on the end of the equal side to its opposite (i.e. 1 to 0 or 0 to 1). Save that and try again. I have no idea if this will work, but it's worth a shot. Remember to back up before editing! :)

This keeps FSX from loading the default saved flight when you load up. Apparently it speeds up your load time a little too.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:02:03 PM by ryapad »
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »
Hi John,
     If you hit "Alt-Tab" instead of "Esc", I am wondering if a message window is popping up in the background.  What is open when you hold "Alt-Tab"?  ???

You can also set a different flight as the default in the load/save flight menus.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:49:17 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

John

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »
Ryan
DISABLEPRELOAD= was not in FSX.cfg so I added it and get same thing  :'(

Jeff
"Alt-Tab" shows me nothing  ??? back to square one  >:(

John

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »
Try Disable Preload=0
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

John

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 05:00:01 PM »
Steve
DISABLEPRELOAD=0 didn't work either  :o

John

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
Hi John,
Can you explain in a little more detail what's going on, please? Not sure what you mean when you say it doesn't show up. Do you mean that the flight never initially loads?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »
You will have to change Disablepreload to =1 for it to work
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

John

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
Ryan
I've tried 1 and 0 but neither seem to do anything  >:(

Steve
When the Ultralight loads I get the sounds of the flight but no video.  Then I hit Esc and the closeout screen shows up in the lower right of my desktop.  When I close the flight down the FS screen comes up ready to set up another flight.  Everything seems normal from there on.

John

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »
In your sim, do you have the option to load the scenario screen on startup checked?   ???

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:07:39 PM »

Steve
When the Ultralight loads I get the sounds of the flight but no video.  Then I hit Esc and the closeout screen shows up in the lower right of my desktop.  When I close the flight down the FS screen comes up ready to set up another flight.  Everything seems normal from there on.

John

For the sake of discussion, what happens if you do all of the above and load Friday Harbor from the create a flight menu and try flying it again?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

simurq

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 01:36:01 AM »
John,

First, make sure you have a backup of your FSX.cfg (configuration file) in case smth goes wrong.
Then, just delete this file and restart FSX - no worries, the program will make a fresh one on the next launch. This way it'll be easier to track down your problem.
Now, as the guys have already told you, copy this line DISABLEPRELOAD=1 under the [MAIN] section of the newly created FSX.cfg. If the line is already there, just check its value and change it to one (1) if different. As the name suggests, this tweak should stop the automatic load of the default flight...

I also suggest you keep this website bookmarked in case you need to read more about some other useful FSX tweaks: http://c-aviation.net/fsx-tweak/fsx-cfg-tweak-guide/

Hope this helps! :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:48:24 AM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 08:35:25 AM »
Tweaks are a controversial subject but be VERY careful and dubious about using a good portion of the tweaks listed on that page. (Ask me how I found out; and it wasn't the easy way!) Some of them are placebos and some of them will actually hurt performance, especially the [Terrain] section tweaks, for example. Some of these tweaks were rendered useless when SP2 was released yet are still listed as being applicable. Always DO make sure that you set your graphics sliders as ORBX recommends
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

John

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 09:31:51 PM »
Jeff
I can't find a scenario screen checkbox  ???

Steve
On the "Free Flight" screen the ultralight is pictured with Friday Harbor as "Current Location".  When I hit "Fly now" it immediately goes to flying over Friday Harbor just as it is when I first start it up with no delay to load :o
And I did check my graphics sliders per ORBX  ;D

simurq
I do have that website link saved and I've done the backup, new FSX.cfg adding DISABLEPRELOAD=1 under [MAIN] to no avail so far  :(

John

simurq

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:44 AM »
Jeff
I can't find a scenario screen checkbox  ???

Steve
On the "Free Flight" screen the ultralight is pictured with Friday Harbor as "Current Location".  When I hit "Fly now" it immediately goes to flying over Friday Harbor just as it is when I first start it up with no delay to load :o
And I did check my graphics sliders per ORBX  ;D

simurq
I do have that website link saved and I've done the backup, new FSX.cfg adding DISABLEPRELOAD=1 under [MAIN] to no avail so far  :(

John,

Can you please check and report the following?:
  • Is your FSX.cfg file located here?: C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
  • Do you start FSX by executing FSX.EXE (directly or through a shortcut, doesn't matter), not a particular situation file (with .FLT extension)?
Please do NOT hit 'Fly Now' on the FSX home page as soon as the program starts. By default, when you hit 'Fly Now', it automatically starts the default flight, which in turn takes you to the sky over Friday Harbor (KFHR) with engines working and you flying... :) I don't want to go into the details for now but you can always change this behavior by replacing the default FSX flight with another one.

Instead either start with YOUR own flight (.FLT) or plan your flight using the menus on the FSX home page before hitting 'Fly Now'.

I have made a very simple situation file for you to test your program. Please drop this file into your default flights folder, which is normally found here: C:\Users\{your username}\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files. Then start FSX as usual and load the flight "John's Test Flight" similar to the one shown below. It will take you to a 'cold & dark' VC of the default ultralight on runway 16 at Friday Harbor.

If you can't start FSX "as usual", then please go to your main FSX folder, start FSX.exe from there and then launch the test flight above:

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:32:17 AM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev