Author Topic: Tsuniah Lake Lodge  (Read 2989 times)

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Tsuniah Lake Lodge
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »
I added Tsuniah Lake Lodge a couple hours ago. I'm seeing a couple issues I'm having, and not sure what's causing them.

The airfield itself is fine, and everything is there.

In the water though. I'm seeing one of the boat/float plane piers are missing?, according to one of the addon screenshots in the files of the scenery download. So. I'm not sure why I'm missing the pier?. I'm wondering about the boat seen in my added screenshot. It appears to be static and doesn't move?. The red plane. I'm not sure if it is a static plane or AI and does fly etc?.

I do have the latest RTMM updated library added. I do also have my RTMM Season Switcher set to Summer as well.
Maybe I'm having an elevation issue, but unsure. I haven't had any issues when I'm adding RTMM addon's. Not lately. I did install the latest 6 RTMM addons in the past few day's. These are all fine, from what I can see etc.

Thanks for any feedback

GrayRider

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:03:59 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Tsuniah Lake Lodge
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
Do you have tangass fjords X? Doug may have used a TFX library object when he was making the scenery. If you don't have TFX, then you will have some objects missing in lots of RTMM sceneries.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:28:30 PM »
ORBX PNW uses that particular "dock" object ... it is a wharf, downsized. If you are in slew mode and approach it, at some distance from it, you will suddenly hit a hard surface and find yourself about 30 feet in the air! For that reason, I don't trust that particular object. So I "exclude" them when I find them and put in a dock that doesn't display this "invisible" hard shell around it.  The new picture for Tsuniah now reflects the new dock that is there now. 

The boat is a static object and the airplane is also static.  I'm not doing any AI work with these small airports (not my expertise). Hope this explains what you are seeing. Actually, what you are seeing is correct.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:45:28 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »
....and the reason that they are unapproachable (the docks), and are like hitting a wall 30 feet in the air is because, as Doug alludes to, that the docks were made with a hardened surface and then resized somewhere along the way, which causes this issue. If that particular object is placed as is and not resized, then the problem wouldn't happen, but maybe the original size is too big to look right and looked better at a smaller size.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:30:52 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »
Thank's Steve!  Interesting too, Steve has taught me you cannot "downsize" the size of a helipad with a hard surface. The hard surface keeps the original dimensions , so you may have a smaller helipad, but the invisible hard surface doesn't "stick" to the downsized object's dimensions ... it stays the way it was. Just another "fun" thing.

Also, on this one, I noticed the static boat's wake was off center with the back and front of the boat. That is because the "fog" object I use to make the wake, "moves" when you place it at a location at altitude. We are about 4000 feet in altitude at Tsuniah Lake Lodge.  So I made two changes for you. I'm going to go back and work on the boat wakes at Big Creek Lodge next.

1. There is a new "large" picture that reflects what you will be seeing (the new dock)
2. The boat wake is re-centered under the boat now.

The update is "up" on the Scenery Page if you are interested in these little details.  And thank you for pointing out the dock image problem ... we APPRECIATE hearing those things so we can get them correct. Thank You!!

Doug

GrayRider

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »
Do you have tangass fjords X? Doug may have used a TFX library object when he was making the scenery. If you don't have TFX, then you will have some objects missing in lots of RTMM sceneries.

Yes. I do have Tongass Fjords X installed.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

GrayRider

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 10:50:34 AM »
Thank's Steve!  Interesting too, Steve has taught me you cannot "downsize" the size of a helipad with a hard surface. The hard surface keeps the original dimensions , so you may have a smaller helipad, but the invisible hard surface doesn't "stick" to the downsized object's dimensions ... it stays the way it was. Just another "fun" thing.

Also, on this one, I noticed the static boat's wake was off center with the back and front of the boat. That is because the "fog" object I use to make the wake, "moves" when you place it at a location at altitude. We are about 4000 feet in altitude at Tsuniah Lake Lodge.  So I made two changes for you. I'm going to go back and work on the boat wakes at Big Creek Lodge next.

1. There is a new "large" picture that reflects what you will be seeing (the new dock)
2. The boat wake is re-centered under the boat now.

The update is "up" on the Scenery Page if you are interested in these little details.  And thank you for pointing out the dock image problem ... we APPRECIATE hearing those things so we can get them correct. Thank You!!

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug.

I only put this scenery topic up as info on what I see when I installed the addon scenery. The addon is fine the way it is.

GrayRider