Author Topic: Aerosoft BeaverX in prepar3dv4  (Read 2605 times)

rgerdes

Aerosoft BeaverX in prepar3dv4
« on: June 06, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »
Anyone got it going in the new version? I'm missing all the gauges (6 all together) under the control console. rpm, man. pressure etc. All the reswt, including the ones that the rtmm beaver.cab file fixes are all there and working.
Bob
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:39:23 PM by rgerdes »

plug_nickel

Re: BeaverX in prepar3dv4
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:54:22 PM »
Well like a dumba$$ I went and got P3Dv4. Been very, very slowly testing my main "go-to's", the AS Beaver X being one of them.

It's working here; using the replacement cab and stock paints. Sometimes I have to flush the shader cache more than once to get an aircraft to work. I'd suggest flushing the cache and letting it rebuild. I also suggest no autogen vegetation (huge frame-rate hit) and try textures @ 2048x2048. x64 sim platforms "like" higher texture resolution.

From what I've seen so far, this version has the potential to run very, very smoothly literally right out of the box. Mind you, I'm using my old testing system:

EVGA 680i sli
                           Core 2 Duo X6800 o/c @ 3.809
                           8gb DDR800
                           W7 x64 ULT original release candidate rolled up to May 2017.

I'm currently running v4 box stock, no addons to aid in troubleshooting. I have swapped in a GTX 1050 ti card I use as a dedicated Physx card because it's got 4gb vram.

plug_nickel

xxd09

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 04:52:02 AM »
Hi All
I had occasion to speak to Milviz re the Beaver .I was told that they were working on a P3Dv4 version.
It does seem that adding Addons to P3Dv4 is not such a straightforward buisness as P3Dv3.4.
Having a P3Dv3 set up on the same computer as a P3Dv4 also complicates things as the two programs seem to interact if unusual activity detected
Patience is the name of the game!
However I realise this is asking a lot of flight simmers-you have been warned!
xxd09

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:31 AM »
What the ?  "Having a P3Dv3 set up on the same computer as a P3Dv4 also complicates things as the two programs seem to interact if unusual activity detected.  This really doesn't seem possible.
 Sue

plug_nickel

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »
Patience is always good advice, especially when operating platform(s) change from (x86) to x64.

One of the first things I started to checkout was possible cross contamination between v3 (x86) and v4 x64 and I didn't find anything suspect. The calls made by Process Lasso show that the Registry hive structure is fully segregated as is Users\AppData/Local and Roaming. So far, I haven't found any interaction between v3_v4, but who knows? Only lots of re-installs and time will tell.

I was remiss in previous post by not stating that I have the AS Beaver X placed in v4 root folder and not as an addon. ProgramData file structure between v3 and v4 is very extensive. It's not going to be as easy "slicing up" (-v3) v4 into three separate structures as v3 was, but "what the hey", I'm a masochist.

(-v3) oops! and a couple of spell checks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:49:14 AM by plug_nickel »

xxd09

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
Hi Penzoil3
Better give you an example!
Loaded Real Air Turbine Duke and Legacy into P3Dv4 because I fly a lot with them and no V4 installers will be forthcoming as RealAir has ceased trading
All went well but when I returned to my P3Dv3.4 setup it told me that I had multiple copies of the same aircraft with the same name. I ignored this and planes flew well in both sims but it was annoying.
Opened cfg of Duke and Legacy in P3Dv3.4 and added the figure 1 to the first line of each model variant
Problem sorted
I will wait for v4installers for other plane! I don't want to mess up a functioning P3Dv3.4 setup .Lesson learnt!
xxd09

Penzoil3

Re: Aerosoft BeaverX in prepar3dv4
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:38:56 PM »
 8)
Strange. I have the Real Air Legacy installed in P3D 3, and 4, in FSX boxed, and FSX SE. Never seen that pop up.  Every system is different.
 Sue