Author Topic: Repairing AI Airplanes and Rotorcraft that do not display correctly in P3D v4  (Read 34923 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi Patrick,

Final test is sometime this week.  It should be ready to download after that.

Rod

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
YEP STILETTO .

Thanks to work on the benchmark for .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Tongass Fjords X (TFX) SimObjects AI Model update for P3Dv4                             July 23, 2017

Note:  There is no particular reason to implement this update if you do not use P3Dv4 or higher even though these converted models will run in a FSX or P3D environment.  It is possible that an FSX/P3Dv3 or P3Dv2.5 user might like the prop spin & blur on these converted models better since they were tailored to look good in FSX as well as P3D.  The old TFX AI models were designed to run most effectively in  FS2002/FS2004 and do not always look that good in FSX.  However, this package of converted TFX SimObjects models is required for anyone who wants to benefit from the full AI as it was designed for TFX in P3Dv4 or higher. 

RTMM has identified four TFX AI Airplanes that are not completely compatible with P3Dv4 now that Lockheed Martin has removed the SimObjects backwards compatibility for AI  models constructed under the FS8 and FS9 SDKs.   This update converts these models to be FSX models so that they will work properly in P3Dv4.  The models converted are the two DHC-3s, the DHC-6 and the Dash 7.  You can see pictures of the converted models a bit earlier in this thread.

While Doug is having his cataract surgery, I have provided a Dropbox download link for this update.  Once Doug is back it will be moved to the P3Dv4 section and have a normal RTMM Scenery download link.

Edit 8/11/17:  Version 1.1 is now available which also contains v1.0.  V1.1 includes the above mentioned AI Planes as well as the AI TFX Bell 206L Helicopter conversion which most users have never seen due to a bug in the TFX release which caused the Bell 206L not to be loaded at run time. 

If you already loaded v1.0, v1.1 documentation tells you how to jump to the end of the install instructions so you can just add the Bell 206L.

Here is the new link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtqaz6ajq2itf77/TFX%20SimObjects%20AI%20Update%20for%20P3Dv4%20V1.1%208-7-17.zip?dl=0

Rod

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:46:04 PM by stiletto2 »

BBQSteve

Thanks for those updates. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but don't ya think it would have been a whole lot easier to have just zipped the finished product, vice the elaborate change document we have to follow to install them? I'm quite sure question and help requests will soon follow. I was fortunate enough to get it right the first time.

In any case, thanks again, looks good when working!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi BBQSteve.

".....zipped the finished product, vice the elaborate change document we have to follow to install them."

Don't want to guess at what you meant by "vice"....

What are you trying to say here? 

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
From what I see, the finished product was zipped. The document's installation instructions are concise and well detailed, point by point. Glad you got it right the first time meaning the docs obviously did their job and understandable.

Great job Rod, and many thanks for the untold hours the three of you put into this project.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
     Yes, thanks Rod for providing the instructions.  (and ALL the work too, of course)  :P

We do prefer when people read the instructions, and follow them before they post here for help.  It's just better that way.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:37:33 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi Steve, Jeff.

Thanks for your kind words.   I worked on the process of conversion for almost two months off and on.  It was something I had never done before and thanks to Gavin, I was able to learn a process that worked.  Dex did all the initial testing on his P3Dv4 system since I am not yet on P3Dv4.

I am glad it all worked out.

Rod

BBQSteve

What I meant as vice is at some point you had to have a finished aircraft with all the changes made. A that point you could zip all the aircraft into one zip file and say "Unzip this file into a temp folder and copy these AI folders into your simobjects/airplanes folder, copy and paste the bgl into your world/scenery folder and go fly."

See how easy that was?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
And that would be a violation of our permission agreement with the original author as well as copyright. Why can't you just accept things as they are so freely given to you? You obviously have no idea as to what goes on behind the scenes and what it takes to pull this stuff off.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

Obviously. So enlighten me. That would have been all that was needed to be said in the first place. "In order to circumvent any copyright laws, this is what we had to do." See, again, short, concise and sweet.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
In order to circumvent any copyright laws? We have no intention to circumvent the law. Holy cow!
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Okay enough BBQ Steve. Rod and our team put in untold hours of their own time to make things for you to have access too. How about this. Use our files as is or not. Nobody is making you. Your choice. If you want to have a conversation about how you think files should be installed or distributed you have that right and we usually are open to suggestions if they're put to us in a constructive way. But I think your replies are now just venting.

You may have said "I don't want to sound ungrateful" but you are. What you are missing is that we have people who frequent our website that aren't as proficient as you might think when it comes to installing things and they just might need things spelled out in more detail.

So if this type of thing doesn't sit well with you, sorry but that's the way it's going to be.

And if you ever make a suggestion to circumvent any copyright again I can assure you that you'll find yourself on the outside of our forum in a hurry. We won't stand for it and you're officially on notice. Change your tune or find somewhere else to complain at because you won't be welcome here anymore.

Brad
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:35:20 PM by Bradallen43 »

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Hi guys & stiletto2
thanks to this upgrad

As always congrat to take time for us

best regards

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Thanks, Patrick.

Rod