Author Topic: RTMM Voice Comm Server  (Read 5983 times)

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
RTMM Voice Comm Server
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »
Hello all.   I've had a Teamspeak server for a while now that's no longer really being used, so I thought I'd repurpose it for RTMM.   

The renewal on it is on a couple of days, so I figured I'd float this out there and see if there's any interest in using it  (for multiplayer flights, troubleshooting, or just chatting).

First you'll need Teamspeak, which you can download here.

You can add a bookmark in Teamspeak from the menu bar, and enter your information like this:

Just thought I'd let you all know.  If you run into anyone abusing it, just send me a PM and I'll sort it out.  I'm not expecting it to get any major usage unless you all coordinate events or something.   ;D 

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM Voice Comm Server
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
Thank you Dan, we'll give it a try!

D

dbutterf

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 09:07:55 PM »
Was able to connect ok. Now just waiting for an MP flight  8)
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

marc2140

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »
It works nicely. Now still finding a suitable activity to use it for...
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

Stearmandriver

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:58 AM »
 I've always wanted to try a multi-player flight in Misty's world;  I'd be interested in joining in if anyone puts something together.   My problem is schedule; I'm usually around late evening Pacific time,  and more weekdays than weekends...

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 01:21:54 AM »
I think it would be a kick to get some RTMM folks in on a group flight from somewhere to somewhere. Never have done it. We just need somebody to take the reins who knows how to do this, give us some guidance, and throw a flight out there. I, for one, would be willing to give it a go. How about the rest of you?

jsapair
Jsapair

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »
Been awhile since I have done MP, but I think you would need more than teamspeak,  there was a utility called FS Host I believe and then everyone would have to have your aircraft in their Simobject folder so you would be visible. Unless there is something latest n' greatest that I am not aware of. Like I said it's been many moons since I did anything like it

ANTnDEC

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 11:37:20 AM »
I would be interested in multiplayer too and have been trying to get people interested in my own group Simply Magpie. We use join FS for multiplayer and have a hub on there, and also a Discord server for comms with a Mistys channel, you can find it here https://discord.gg/8thjVTK
Our flying club is available too at http://simplymagpie.co.uk where we are to have tours around Mistys soon. It will be great to have you all onboard and I look forward to flying with you soon. Thanks

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
I belong to a group of simmers that have a fly-in every Sat. with members scattered from WA state to Perth, AU.  with Great Britian in between.  We use teamspeak (latest version) and FSHost and FSHost client and it works with absolutely no problems 99% of the time.
I recall that we had a user (forgot who now) that metioned a site that did all the above for simmers and offered RTMM the service.  I went to his site and with help set up a server for RTMM multi-player use and got absolutely 0, ZERO, NADDA, ZIP Nuttin' in response from the group so I assumed there was no interest.
Personally I'm sticking with the small group I have been multiflying with for years but if someone wants to set up an FSHost/Teamspeak multiplayer session I'll have a go.  That is once I have FSX that works.  At the moment I'm out of flying due to some ransomeware that trashed 180,000+ files with some weird .b16b extension and the sim wont load anywhere but the default Friday Harbor area and I can't locate the A/C anyplace else in default or addon scenery.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »
Is anyone with Steam Edition interested in a multiplayer flight in ORBX PFJ?
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 08:01:53 PM »
Krikey, Spud. How in the world did you get that? If it wasn't for bad luck...well, you know. So what now? I haven't heard of any trick program out there that will unlock it, either. Is it worth paying the ransom? Starting over, again...re-installing FSX and RTMM, and ORBX...again...doesn't sound like much fun, either. Good luck, pal. Let us know how you make out. :-[

Sorry about straying OT, guys.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »

Why do you specify "Steam Edition"?  The host programs like FSHost and JoinFS support multi-platforms.  JoinFS is much better than FSHost client, BTW.  And you can fly on DigitalThemePark with JoinFS.  ;)   

I am able to fly at 1500z-2000z (8am-1pm) on the weekends.  (sat,sun)  I am on Pacific Time here in Washington.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:25:42 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:47:16 AM »

Why do you specify "Steam Edition"?  The host programs like FSHost and JoinFS support multi-platforms.  JoinFS is much better than FSHost client, BTW.  And you can fly on DigitalThemePark with JoinFS.  ;)   

I am able to fly at 1500z-2000z (8am-1pm) on the weekends.  (sat,sun)  I am on Pacific Time here in Washington.  ;)

Jeff, I have tried other programs, and they just don't seem to work. Steam is really easy, all I have to do is join a server and fly. No download or installing more stuff into FSX.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.