Author Topic: Broken link  (Read 2103 times)

geezer

Broken link
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »
Hi, downloading the FSDiscover files and the link to the cabins doesn't work.

Btw, You posted there's no P3D compatibility update.  There's also no steam edition update.  And the dev doesn't seem to be in any hurry to do either.

Btw, nice job on the new flight plans!  I'm not sure why you guys don't make an ICAO and afcad for each location to make them easier to use with no need to input the lat/long into the map.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Broken link
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »
We'd welcome for you to do it for us. You could probably do it in about 6 months working 24/7.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

geezer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »
lol I've made afcads in the past.  Just something to mark the spot.  Nothing showing the runway or anything special.  I've made up ICAOs and started them with a J because there doesn't seem to be many of those in FSX.  They do take a while.  I made all of them for Tongass areas that don't have any.  There were about 80 iirc and it took me a few hours total time.  I'm not perfect so there might be a couple errors.  They're a pain in the ass to make so I'm not looking to make a lot now.  I was just wondering why you guys didn't have them for all the locations.  They could all be made in less than 10 hours.  Not a big deal for me because I can use flight plans in FSDiscover without an airport on both ends.  I was just wondering why you don't have them.

Any idea how I can get the FSDiscover file where the link is broken? 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:12:25 PM »
I was just wondering why you guys didn't have them for all the locations.

Hi Geezer,
     It's because people who live in cabins on a lake don't have ICAO codes!  The majority of our scenery destinations are remote cabins, etc.  You should follow a map and VFR references to find the locations, like in real life.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

geezer

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 10:00:08 PM »
Yes, you are correct.  What I should have said was a fictional code on a marker where the cabins and other sceneries are located.  All those great flight plans you guys provide utilize the same idea except the marker is missing in many cases.  This prevents using those flight plans easily directly in the GPS. 

Still no way to download the FSDiscover cabins file?   :P

I'm not complaining.  I never complain about freeware.  I finally got a better computer and finally bought the fat regions during the current sale so here I am ready to go.  This place is awesome and I've been drooling over it for a few years.  The amount of time you've put into everything is simply incredible.  That's why I'm confused as to why you left out a few location markers that will make using the flight plans easier for everybody, especially newbies.   

geezer

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 01:56:26 AM »
I found a different location other than Dieter's page (where the link doesn't work) to download the cabins file for FSDiscover.  So there's no need for anyone to go out of his way to help me with this.  Problem solved.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
We fixed the link for the cabins on the Misty's Place page.

Doug