Author Topic: Norway Download  (Read 5515 times)

DocScott

Norway Download
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
Hi guys!

In one of the the downloaded csv files,I can see waypoints in Norway.
Can I download there any eye candy,too?

Scott
I am dreaming of a visit to Alaska in winter time.
Staying with friends and enjoying nature.

Dieter

Re: Norway Download
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »
My csv files in "Dieter's Corner" are ment to be used with software PlanG. This is a VFR flight planning  tool.

These files contain POI (points of interest of the country they are made for) markings on the PlanG map.
This is a visual help for pilots to find cabins, bridges, lighthouses, unlisted airfields and so on.
There are no sceneries or textures in csv files.

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

DocScott

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 12:39:28 AM »
Hi Dieter!

Yes,I know that,but you made the csv files for the MM stuff,to find them.
Now I thought, you made the norwegian csv files for some other downloads for Norway.
I am using Plan G and I saw,that  for example,"The Kalsholmen light" waypoint,
 is only a few rocks in the sea,no lighthouse.
End of the story, no further downloads!Got it!

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Scott

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:11 AM »
My Norway.csv file is made for users who have ORBX Norway installed.

This file is in the category:
PLAN-G Data Files used by additional (NOT-RTMM) software programs
(Additional Plan-G Data Files for NON RTMM Areas)
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »
Hey Scott. Like Dieter says, you gotta have the prerequisite scenery packs in place in order to see what you're supposed to see. Same goes for any other scenery, world-wide.

jsapair
Jsapair

DocScott

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 05:34:43 AM »
Hi Sirs!

Thanks again.I've got Norway,so I will have a look for the waypoints!

Scott

geezer

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »
Hi Dieter, just wondering how you're coming along with Germany North?

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 05:37:12 AM »
Well, a lot of different computer poblems kept me away from completing the csv-files for Orbx Germany North.
As I don't know when I will have the time to finalize this project I can meanwhile offer a "beta" version which covers about 90% of the GEN POI's already. Basicallly only different windparks are missing. (and there are a lot ...)
Btw, I did only those ones with 10 or more turbine units.

Many greetings
Dieter

geezer

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:27 PM »
I hate wind parks.  They kill millions of birds every year and their value is dubious.  The beta would be much appreciated.

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 02:35:07 AM »
Smithsonian-  far short of "millions."

If you look around for statistics about bird deaths from wind turbines get you wildly different numbers. Some say just 10,000 birds a year meet their end at the hands (blades) of the wind industry. Others ramp that number up to 600,000. Now, a new study tried to actually use science to estimate.

Of course, they didn't go to each turbine and count how many little feathered bodies they found at the base. Instead, they combed the literature for all the studies they could find on bird deaths, and tried to combine them into an estimate. This meant searching for fun things like “'bird AND wind turbine' with 'collision,' 'mortality,'fatality,' 'carcass,' and 'post-construction.'" And then—even more cheerful—searching all those terms again, but "with 'bird' replaced by 'avian' and 'wildlife'; and 'turbine' replaced by 'farm,' 'facility' and 'energy.'"

In the end, using 58 mortality estimates that met their criteria, they came up with an estimate. According to the current literature somewhere between 140,000 and 328,000 birds die each year from collisions with wind turbines.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-many-birds-do-wind-turbines-really-kill-180948154/#lxw08FOzkL7vLJAy.99

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 06:41:23 AM »
There is a big argument on birds and wind turbines, but either way, we really need to work ourselves off of fossil fuels and to renewable energy. , so we can use the rest to fly our planes.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

geezer

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »
I recall reading millions a year a few years ago in a couple of different sources.  Debating the exact number is simply nit picking.  I've also read that the benefit of these wind farms is debatable.  Yes, getting off fossil fuels is an excellent goal but there has to be a better way. 

av8erjm

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
until windmills and solar panels become financially feasible put me in the nay column.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »
I agree with av8erjm 100%. As long as there is a need for plastics and a million other products petroleum will always be in demand. Next try fueling your aircraft with sunshine or a windmill.

Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

dbutterf

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
Next try fueling your aircraft with sunshine or a windmill.

Doing it now!
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080