Author Topic: Norway Download  (Read 5564 times)

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Norway Download
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
The windmill on the front of the plane?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:03:16 PM by ryapad »
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »
It's fossil fuel that powers that particular windmill and generating hundreds of horsepower.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
Its reasonable that wind turbins will be a source of bird deaths but to blame them for chopping up all our feathered friends is simply conjucture.  I make a trip via auto from FL to WA every year passing through 11 different states, mostly rural areas and one thing that is very noticable is a lack of birds everywhere.  I only pass closely to two wind farms in the 2500 mile trip so I doubt that the real culprit is wind farms.  I'm only guessing, but my theory, is that birds are being eliminated by lack of food.  The pesticides on the crops that kill pests that eat the crops.  Farmers fertilize and apply pesticides in enormous quanities and the birds food source is becoming more scarce all the time.
As a young person (a looooong time ago) birds were all along the hiways and roads everywhere, which no longer is true.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »
“Silent Spring” was published 50 years ago this month. Though she did not set out to do so, Carson influenced the environmental movement as no one had since the 19th century’s most celebrated hermit, Henry David Thoreau, wrote about Walden Pond. “Silent Spring” presents a view of nature compromised by synthetic pesticides, especially DDT. Once these pesticides entered the biosphere, Carson argued, they not only killed bugs but also made their way up the food chain to threaten bird and fish populations and could eventually sicken children. Much of the data and case studies that Carson drew from weren’t new; the scientific community had known of these findings for some time, but Carson was the first to put them all together for the general public and to draw stark and far-reaching conclusions. In doing so, Carson, the citizen-scientist, spawned a revolution.

“Silent Spring,” which has sold more than two million copies, made a powerful case for the idea that if humankind poisoned nature, nature would in turn poison humankind. “Our heedless and destructive acts enter into the vast cycles of the earth and in time return to bring hazard to ourselves,” she told the subcommittee. We still see the effects of unfettered human intervention through Carson’s eyes: she popularized modern ecology.

geezer

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 09:09:30 PM »
Its reasonable that wind turbins will be a source of bird deaths but to blame them for chopping up all our feathered friends is simply conjucture.  I make a trip via auto from FL to WA every year passing through 11 different states, mostly rural areas and one thing that is very noticable is a lack of birds everywhere.  I only pass closely to two wind farms in the 2500 mile trip so I doubt that the real culprit is wind farms.  I'm only guessing, but my theory, is that birds are being eliminated by lack of food.  The pesticides on the crops that kill pests that eat the crops.  Farmers fertilize and apply pesticides in enormous quanities and the birds food source is becoming more scarce all the time.
As a young person (a looooong time ago) birds were all along the hiways and roads everywhere, which no longer is true.
 8)

Sorry, but your post is pretty much all conjecture.  Google is your friend.  Here are just a couple of links.

http://www.audubon.org/news/will-wind-turbines-ever-be-safe-birds

http://savetheeaglesinternational.org/new/us-windfarms-kill-10-20-times-more-than-previously-thought.html

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
... and how does all this relate to the topic? (Norway Download)  ???   Let's please stick to topics in the threads.  ;)  Thanks.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P