Author Topic: Kildala Pass and Misty's Old Yacht Club  (Read 7808 times)

Fred

Re: Kildala Pass and Misty's Old Yacht Club
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
I had EZ installed inside addon scenery/ez-lib and that caused the texture not showing. Moved the fbo3 bitmaps to the main texture folder and have now textures on the house up at Bravo airstrip. But it should be not be like that, should it? I have other sceneries that uses EZ and they are perfectly happy with my installation. If I need to duplicate textures all around my fsx setup, it is not making the life easier. Could you scenery designers try to keep things as simple as possible?

Froggy

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
should it?

Even if it was not supposed to be like that, theres no harm to do so.

The first texture folder FSX was looking was the main one.
The second was the one in the Addon Scenery folder.
The third are the multiple sceneries added whit there own texture.
Libraries textures came at the end refered by sceneries bgl's.

Theres also the fact than EZ & RWY 12 libraries had been made for FS9 at first,  & the coding of FSX differ a bit from the FS9 one.

I dont know for you, but for me, i got alot of suff already installed in my sim before installing the MM scenery. Obviously (in my case at least) its look than its conflicting somewhere for some objects.

Another good example was the ramp light pole at Mistys place, originally this are Eaglesoft objects whit old ASM coding who had been converted & reworks in severals library formats. As i got all format, in this case i had to rename the texture ESDG_ramp.bmp to ESDG_ESDG_ramp.bmp (original texture name) & put i t in the main texture folder to make-it show.

When you know, it just became little inconvenient (sure you had to know), but basicly the MM sceneries are well composed & not too hard on FPS.

Regars

André

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
Brad, it is showing now...thanks so much.

All I did was reinstall the file  " fbo_3 " and it did the trick. I overwrote the one that was already in.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 05:27:32 PM »
 :) Great to hear.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »
There is almost no way in a hot place your not going to have duplicate scenery objects in you installation of FSX or FS9.  Some designer's upload there work with the objects already included so their scenery is complete when installed via their instructions.  Others will tell you that library x or y is required for their scenery to exhibit correctly etc.  Knowing this and having been at that point with earlier systems where my HD was 'filling up' I have taken my own method to hold the number of duplications to a minimum. 

I had run across a compilation of most of the existing freeware scenery libraries several years ago from a site that is no longer viable.  It was 210 MB download at the time.  I installed it (FS9) and then every time I downloaded a new library to my HD rather than create another library with duplicated objects etc. I extract the library to a junk folder and then copy the scenery and texture files to the original library I already have and only those files that I do not have or are a newer creation date are allowed to be copied.  That way, excluding payware libraries (FTX, OZx etc.) I keep the number of duplicates to a minimum and only have one scenery library in my FSX Scenery Library.  Of course it is 1.06 GB in size but I have not run into no textures showing up to now so I think it works.
 8)
Later,

Spud