Author Topic: Kildala Pass and Misty's Old Yacht Club  (Read 7465 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Kildala Pass and Misty's Old Yacht Club
« on: March 13, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
Two new ones for you this morning (03.13.11).  Kidala Pass is (back) up!  This is the one with the helicopter landing pad on the power lines ... (zap!!!?).  A great little "group" of sceneries, nice package.

Also the "new" Misty's "OLD" Yacht Club is now up.  A great starting place for boaters and a great addition to Bostwick Inlet. 

By the way, pay special attention to the documentation the guys are putting in.  Look at the pdf file ... this is a lot of work and is VERY well done!  Thanks Brad, Kim and Xavier!!!

Fred

Re: Kildala Pass and Misty's Old Yacht Club
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
Missing some textures on the cabin up at Bravo Airstrip. It is all black. Have all the previous sceneries and libraies installed.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
EZ_1.zip installation needs to be checked because that's one from that library.

Fred

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:08:47 PM »
Brad, as I said I have the libraries installed. Both the EZ lib, Rwy12 lib and Abacus so I should be very well off with items here  ;D

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:15:50 PM »
Well, I'm not sure why you're not seeing the textures. Can you show a screenshot for comparison please.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »
Here's the object information up at airstrip "Bravo" that you should be seeing textures for.

Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\scenery\ez-large hangers ss.bgl
fbo_3   {1a32ce69-42fc-ae1c-5f87-309165fff958}

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:31:53 PM by Bradallen43 »

Fred

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Here is my picture

Inside my EZ library I have EZ-large hangars ss.bgl

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
 ??? I would try an uninstall and then reinstall of the EZ_1.zip file and see if that let's those textures show up. Then, I would try to locate the Sidney Schwartz Large Hangers.zip file and install that if the reinstall of EZ_1.zip does not get any results.

Fred

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
Looks like the files inside EZ_1.zip was older than the ones in the Large Hangar.zip. Overwriting those and the problem is still there.

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
Just checking, did you replace the textures as well?

Fred

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
I did.

Dieter

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 03:32:31 AM »
It might sound strange, but try following:
- Put the this cabin texture in \FSX\texture and see what happens.
(It's just a try and not much work)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Froggy

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »
Hi Doug, i had same issue & by copying the FBO 3.bmp & FBO 3_lm.bmp from the EZ library texture folder inside the main FSX texture folder the texture was now showing correctly.

Personally i had copy all EZ library texture inside the main texture folder, it resolve alot of texture not showing issue.

If it could help you.

Regards

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »
It should not be necessary to copy the textures from EZ Scenery Library from the texture folder of the library to the texture folder of FSX.  I understand from your post that is what you did.
How did you install the EZ Scenery Library?  Remember you do NOT run the installer and direct it to the FSX install.  The zip file should be extracted to a temp folder and then the installer run and directed to the junk folder as well.  This will make a folder named Addon Scenery; inside of this folder is the EZ Scenery Library folder with 3 sub-folders 1) scenery, 2)texture and 3) new-mdl.  There may be another file named SCENERY.dat as well.  Move or Copy this EZ Scenery Library folder into your FSX Addon Scenery folder, start FSX and add the EZ Scenery Library to your FSX Scenery Library. 

(here is how mine looks)
Later,

Spud

Froggy

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »
Thanks for the info's, but as Fred (i supposed) my EZ library was properly intall in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library.
& activate. I had try to rank it over & under the Kidala pass scenery whithout any positive result.

Personally i think than it was cause by the fact than some libraries are avaible in both EZ & RWY 12 format. Some coding are using also a text & some only a GUID number. So FSX seems to had a problem to select appropriate texture for some objects cause of that. Why?, i dont have clue, but copying some texture in the main FSX texture folder bypass this issue cause no texture folder choice had to be made by the FSX engine as they are in the main texture folder one, its overriding all others.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:34:41 AM by Froggy »