Author Topic: Doug's Hawaii  (Read 78928 times)

Dieter

Re: Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
This may have several causes:
(for example)
- Do you have "Hawaiian Airport1" installed correctly according to the provided patch?
If yes, do you have the evevation correction file "HPS_PHLU_ALT.BGL" in \scenery\world\scenery?
Do you have "HPS_PHLU_EXCL.BGL" in \Hawaii photoreal - Airports Base?

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

BBQSteve

« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
Dieter,

Thanks for your response. I do not have anything installed but Doug's Hawaii, the three Hawaii Photoreal V0l 1-3 and The Hawaiian Islands - Kauai. None of those files you mentioned installed and no patches installed. I thought they were if you had the airports installed from the other party.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »
I don't think it is compatible with Pilots Global, only the FTX Compatible one. But if you haven't tried it, go to global vector config and disable that airport. That might fix it.

Doug

BBQSteve

« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »
I thought of that too, but the airport isn't in there. No problem, just curious if anyone else had the problem.

Thanks all.

Doug

« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2017, 11:40:46 AM »
Steve ... try this.  Go to your folder for your sim and put in the airport icao and do a search in that folder for the airport. Whatever is affecting it will show up in that list. You may have a MyTraffic file or something 3rd party that is affecting it, this will help you find it. When you see a "double" ... then choose one to turn "off" (change .bgl to .off).  And that might solve the problem.

Hawaii is particularly confusing in this aspect. There are several airport scenery programs that can affect it. If you have the FTX Airports (from OBBX), when you "update" them, they'll put those airports you've taken out right back in there as a "hot" bgl.  So anytime that updates from FTX Central, I have to go in and turn all those hawaiian airports to "off" again. (I've made a list that helps me do it quickly). But here again, I search for that ICAO, it will come up, and I can change it right there to "off."  This is also why I haven't made any scenery changes around any of the Hawaiian airports, there is enough activity there to drive us all nuts without me adding another layer.

BBQSteve

« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2017, 11:53:58 AM »
Well you made me stumble on something there. I did the search and it shows only one bgl. However, it is in the vector apt directory and not in any of the Hawaiian scenery.

Penzoil3

« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2017, 06:04:58 PM »
That would do it. Try turning it off.
 Sue

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2017, 10:50:01 AM »
Well you made me stumble on something there. I did the search and it shows only one bgl. However, it is in the vector apt directory and not in any of the Hawaiian scenery.

Hi BBQSteve,  (I didn't turn anything "off"), but I did this ...
     Do you have the "Hawaiian Airports" addons?  My HA pt.1 was causing the sunken terrain under the runway.  I moved it below the Photoreal Hawaii entry for Molokai, and it is fixed.  I have many files for PHLU however, not just one.  They are mostly in the Hawaii Airports pt.1 folder.  Files for grass, people, and other various scenery elements.  Hope this helps you, or others.  I'm not real clear on the exact scenery library order for the Photoreal Hawaii elements, but some (if not all) islands must be above the Hawaiian Airports addons.  It seams to be important.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:51:38 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

BBQSteve

« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »
As I said before, I do not have the freeware airports or patches installed. Only the eight Photoreal files.

av8erjm

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
where would one find Brad's Hawaii, that has the Misty office at JHM, I've looked high n' low it must have been in the middle

Doug

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
Brad is on sabbatical. So Brad's Hawaii will not be "up" until he gets back and works on it. You aren't missing anything, there was only one entry at the time.

Doug

av8erjm

« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2017, 05:06:11 PM »
Thanks I thought I was losing it

Doug

« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
Nope, not yet! :-)