Author Topic: Doug's Hawaii  (Read 79177 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 09:09:27 AM »
jspair,
midnight swim was probably the only way they could swim sans bathing suits! 
I'm not the only one gittin' old!!!!
 :D ;) :)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
At the water's edge, the beach is slanted about 30 degrees. You are ankle deep, take 5 steps forward and you are over your head. Add a windy day to that, and the surf makes a very dangerous situation. The last time we were there there was almost no wind ... and a beautiful place to swim. The real treat is "Duke's" restaurant. If you get to the big HI, don't miss it. There are several of them on the islands.   In 121, you can see the lighthouse on the point and the "south reef" (large artificial, rock breakwater.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:32 PM »
Magnum PI's - Makai Pier and Robin's Nest

Thanks to a suggestion by a friend on TWITCH (Marc - WurstFingerGaming), I've put in the exact locations for the Makai Research Pier where "TC" from Magnum PI kept his helicopter and the beautiful "Robin's Nest", a gated mansion on Waimanalo Beach. These are waypoints HI014 and HI015.  They are only included in the "Doug's Hawaii for PILOTs" zip file for now.  Hope you enjoy them.

Doug

Penzoil3

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 11:56:37 PM »
 I'm missing a helipad. FSX FSGX 2010 mesh . Orb X settings.

Doug

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »
Sue, You are missing all of the concrete understructure for this. It all sits on a concrete pier.  Many other objects missing. There is no pier for the yellow float plane. It almost looks like you are missing some library objects.  The next question is why. I just re-downloaded what I have up on the server, and it comes out fine. Maybe a visit to the Object Library Tester?  Here's what I'm seeing at Makai.

Doug

UPDATE: I just ran a check ride on this new scenery. You can see it at: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129980326.

Couple of things to "tweak" .. a floating reef, and need a hardened object so you can park at the reef. But mostly looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:42:17 AM by Doug »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 01:39:44 PM »
Just about have everything installed to fly "Doug's Hawaii"!. Nice job Doug. Next time you see me, I might be dawning a Hawaiian tan and just maybe might meet you at a nice little "munch" place on the Lahaina strip for lunch and some cheers. (I need a bit of a break from the winter weather up north!)

Norm
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:26:09 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Penzoil3

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »
 8)  DOH !   yeah, put Hawaii In FSX SE. Libraries are in P3D.  ( mumble, mumble , stupid old broad, mumble )
  Thanks
 Sue

Doug

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »
Sue...you are gonna' LOVE having a helipad there. Water landings in those birds are noisy!:-)  you should spend an afternoon watching me screw up a hundred things to try to make it work, talk about NOISE!

Doug

Ps...try the Hawaii flights at dusk. I've put a lot of lighting into them with Steve's new lights.

Doug

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
Sue, is this what you are seeing at Robin's Nest?  Marc (on Twitch with me) missing the reefs to the left and right of the stairway. Are yours there like in this pic?

Penzoil3

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:29 PM »
 8)  I have installed  RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part II_02.25.2017  four times and  I can't get #8 in the scenery tester to show. I'm at my wits end.  Everything else shows. (except for the orange smoke and I know about that)  HALP! um Help ?
 Sue

Penzoil3

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »
Latest shots much better.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »
Doug,
What does IS3 identify those reef objects next to the stairway as being? Object/library/GUID?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »
Steve it is named "exposed reef" and is in the FSXP3D FC Object Library.bgl

Marc see's "some" of them, but Sue isn't seeing any of them.  (Look closely at Sue's screenshot), see the water climbing up the sea wall? That is what I am "hiding" with the "exposed reef" object.

Doug

Jeff ... if you are reading this, do you see the reef objects?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:59:50 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
Doug,
Hate to tell you this but that object isn't in that library. In the Part II library/scenery file there's a FSXP3D FC Object Library.txt that lists that object as being there (incorrectly), but it isn't in the library. I did a system search for the GUID it defines in the txt. file for the reef object, but it doesn't show up on my system. Do you have a really old FC object library on your system?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2017, 10:11:23 PM »
I shouldn't Steve ... I got rid of all the old stuff when we did the new libraries. That is a great object, it can be used for many things and looks more realistic than the boulders. Marc is seeing it now and then, but it disappears when he gets close and the mesh settings 10 and 1 affect it.

I'm open to suggestions ... I could always put rocks in there.

Doug