Author Topic: This makes no sense  (Read 5592 times)

geezer

This makes no sense
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:08:20 PM »
I'm starting to get into flying in Hawaii and the south pacific.  So I went over to the Hawaii photoreal program and got the plus.  And I downloaded the Rtmm Hawaii program which requires the photoreal program.

The problem is that the photoreal program requires their enclosed mesh but the Rtmm program requires not to use the mesh.  This is  truly a wtf moment.

With respect, I recommend you folks update the Rtmm Hawaii program to better fit the mesh in the Hawaii photoreal plus program.    :)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: This makes no sense
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »
I don't have any of that scenery, but with all due respect in return, it's obvious that the RTMM developer doesn't have or use the mesh that you are referring to and designed his scenery just fine without it. Apparently it works just fine for him that way and probably everyone else. Again, with all respect in return, if you have a problem with it then I suggest that you don't use the RTMM scenery. Making demands or strong recommendations here and for anything isn't very productive nor will go very far.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Teecee

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »
Well put Ualani.. Teecee.

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
There is a chance that the mesh required for the photoreal is not needed a lot, but just helps. You may want to try the scenery without it. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »
I'm flying it fine and am seeing no problems ... flying with the PhotoReal and not adding any other meshes. Got a couple of friends flying it and no problems. I didn't add any mesh and it is working fine. 

Doug's Hawaii is not really an "official" part of RTMM. It is just for me and a few friends of mine that like to get away from the ice and snow now and then and warm up. It is there for you to enjoy if you want a break from the ice and snow too.

Doug

geezer

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »
I don't think you folks have actually looked into what's happening. 

The Hawaii photoreal company recently introduced a payware called Plus.  It includes mesh in the download that should be used in the photoreal Plus scenery.

The Hawaii rtmm program has just been updated to be compatible with the new Plus Hawaii photoreal. However, the dev continues to make the rtmm scenery non-compatible with the photoreal mesh.

What's happened in the past is immaterial.  This is a new Hawaii photoreal program and a new Hawaii rtmm program that was made to work with the protoreal but is inherently incompatible.  Maybe it will be fine, maybe not. 

Doug

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
I have all of the PhotoReal Plus ... I am using it. I have put in no meshes. It works fine.  There are some airport issues because there are three sets of airports people can use, ORBX, Hawaii Photoreal has a sety and there is another one. So there may be an issue around an airport. But we are showing now problems with the scenery.

geezer

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 07:07:02 PM »
I took out the Orbx Hawaii freeware and installed the Photoreal airports since they go together and look very nice.

Look, I'm a big Rtmm fan.  And maybe Hawaii isn't official.  And, from what you say, maybe everything works fine without the mesh.  I'll try it both ways.  But.....I don't understand WHY the Hawaii Rtmm program was made deliberately to be incompatible with the photoreal, that apparently requires the enclosed mesh because it was included, when the photoreal is required.  It makes absolutely zero sense.

Doug

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
I don't understand WHY the Hawaii Rtmm program was made deliberately to be incompatible with the photoreal

uh ... I think there is a communications problem.

1. I have installed Photoreal Plus fully loaded and installed
2. What I have designed works perfectly with it. 

Have you downloaded the new file for Doug's Hawaii?

NOTAM: This was updated 02.22.2017 for the new Photoreal PLUS - And we are still updating, this is interim.

But I don't deliberately create a scenery that doesn't work.  If you are having problems, give me the location of the problem.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
To say it was made "deliberately to be incompatible" is a rather absurd and insulting statement. Why would Doug deliberately do that? There is no one at RTMM who has higher standards than Doug has when it comes to developing scenery. Apparently, from where I sit, you don't want to accept Doug's explanations for what he did, how he did it and the fact that it works fine for him. Again, I suggest that if you have a problem with it, or it doesn't fit your needs and demands, then you either not use it or just create something for your own private use if you know how. Arguing and making further demands upon a FREEWARE scenery developer won't get you very far or make yourself many friends.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:29:32 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

geezer

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 10:38:07 PM »
ualani sorry but your screed was a bit much and I read very little of it.  I'm not complaining about a free program.  I simply noted a conflict and requested an improvement.  If YOU can't handle that, that's your problem.

Doug, I recently purchased the photoreal plus.  I downloaded the new Hawaii rtmm program yesterday.  I just finished installing everything today.  I have not even looked at it.  I'm just going by your directions and noticed the conflict so I posted about it.  If it's all working fine, that's good.  Maybe you can edit the directions that come with the Hawaii rtmm program to avoid confusion.  Personally I would prefer the Hawaii rtmm program would be made to work with the mesh.  The photoreal folks very likely include the mesh for a reason.  If the mesh is taken out, it could cause problems flying in a different part of the program.  It just seems confusing this way and invites the possible necessity of having to tick and untick a separate folder with the photoreal mesh which would be a hassle..   

I am in awe of the total amount of work and effort put into rtmm.  I did not complain and I make it a practice not to complain about freeware.  I simply noticed a possible problem, reported it and suggested an improvement.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 11:23:26 PM »
According to Webster - Screed: "A long and often angry piece of writing that usually accuses someone of something or complains about something."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:34:13 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

geezer

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 11:49:19 PM »
I won't argue with Webster.   ;)

Guys, I simply pointed out what looked like a problem and suggested a solution. I didn't realize it would create such a hassle.

After thinking it over, I decided I would rather leave the mesh in and fly around Hawaii with the photoreal program than mess around moving the mesh in and out.  I have uninstalled the Hawaii rtmm and deleted it from my hard drive.  You folks can do whatever you want.  I'm done with it.  Have a nice day.   :)

Stearmandriver

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 12:21:20 AM »
Geezer,

I haven't tried this photoreal product or the RTMM sceneries for the area... but it sounds like you haven't tried them together yet either?   And it sounds like those who have, all report that the photoreal+mesh work just fine with the RTMM sceneries?  So, I guess I'm not understanding what the perceived problem is?  Why don't you at least try it out?  It certainly can't hurt anything.  If you find some anomalies, then just deselect the RTMM stuff.   

Penzoil3

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 04:43:01 AM »
 8) What the heck was that all about, good grief Charlie Brown...???  Somebody take away his soapbox, please!
 Sue