Author Topic: ORBX releases new version of FTX GLOBAL  (Read 9076 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: ORBX releases new version of FTX GLOBAL
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 07:39:28 AM »
There was a lot of activity on this issue in later 2016 on ORBX forum.  Many people missed the discount offered on the full OLC North America if you had already bought the interim OLC Alaska/Canada version.  As Spud said, it was an offer that expire many months ago.

Here is the post by JV offering the discount that you probably missed....

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/114658-get-au2250-off-openlc-na-if-you-buy-open-lc-alaskacanada/#comment-1029807

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
Not suprised that the D/L via Central v3 failed.  I rarely get a good download using ORBX's nightmare of Central.  I usually have better luck if I go into Settings then Tools and click 'Clear Temp'.  (otherwise it tries to resume the wonky D/L that failed).  Then uncheck the box for "Use multiple threads for dowloads (BETA) and SAVE.

Next I cross my eyes, spin around counter clockwise twice, howl like a coyote and swear softly under my breath at the whole Central v3 system and try the D/L again.  :o >:( :)
\ 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »
Hmm...Having just upgraded from P3Dv2.5 to P3dv3.4, I recently download 13 ORBX payware regions and airports, all queued up in just an hour or so..  Ran like a top and was so much easier than the old method.  I also created backup copies at the same time.  Obviously it is working well for me.  Of course, I waited till all the smoke had cleared.   I just transferred licenses and went to FTX Central 3.0 in the last 3 of 4 weeks.  Too bad it took them till FTX Central 3.1.2 to get most of the bugs worked out.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »
I suspect that in my Central there might be a bug because I happened to see original post for the new system at the time it was made and in response to my post to the brand new thread I was sent the e-mails etc. even before it was in use to make the switch from the 'gitgo' and almost always have to try multiple times to get updates via Central.  This has been the case since its inception.  I can almost guarantee a D/L is going to fail if there is no download/extraction back and forth while the D/L is going on.  It will D/L without ever trying to extract when its bad.  A good D/L will stop periodically and extract files then continue with the D/L until complete.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
 8)
 And so far as the discount, it was advertised for six months ahead of time. We were all warned that it would only be available for 30 days.  The new NA landclass covers all of North America, including Mexico, the smaller original, only covered Alaska and Canada. You are NOT paying twice for the same product, it isn't the same at all.
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 03:17:58 PM »
Sue is quite correct on the PRE-WARNING at the ORBX forums on the interim LC Alaska/Canada I'm posted on ORBX site beaucue times about it.  Seems folks think they should be allowed to get the 'complete' North American LC even if they did not comply with the method fully explained to get the complete package within the 30 day period.  By now it should be apparent that FTX doesn't work that way.
 8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »
Hi for me it's the same 

That was i payed OLC NA/ASK, CA .

i sent a ticket

wait and see ?

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 07:52:19 PM »
Patrick,
     The OLC: North America Alaska/Canada package is no longer valid.  It was replaced by the OLC: North America Landclass (without alaska/canada in the title).  And I am thinking we should actually uninstall that Al/Can version from our systems.  It may be causing problems.   ???

You will need to purchase the North America Landclass package.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:54:58 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 11:40:14 PM »
OLC: NA Landclass. I decided to bite the bullet and just buy it. That's when I discovered I already had it. DOH! What was that brain fart comment again?

jsapair
Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 04:22:53 AM »
 8) Try this -

LOL
 Sue