Author Topic: Glad to see Misty Moorings is back!  (Read 9958 times)

scanham

Glad to see Misty Moorings is back!
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »
I used to hang out at Misty's way back when and am glad to see a renewed interest.  Probably won't upgrade to FSX but there is still much to enjoy with FS9 and all the custom add-on scenery for Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords & Glacier Bay V2.   :)
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Glad to see Misty Moorings is back!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »
Steve ... not that the "bottom half" of the forum home page is for Misty Moorings, Inc (FS2004).  Eventually, if folks are interested, we'll be remodeling the old site and bringing it back up to date. But for now, you have a place to "talk 2004" if you want with the Misty Moorings, Inc forum.  Hopefully some of the guys who are staying with 2004 (as I did for years) will pop in with some ideas, etc.  Welcome aboard!

Jean Loup

• Jean Loup Capricornio
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »
Steve ... not that the "bottom half" of the forum home page is for Misty Moorings, Inc (FS2004).  Eventually, if folks are interested, we'll be remodeling the old site and bringing it back up to date. But for now, you have a place to "talk 2004" if you want with the Misty Moorings, Inc forum.  Hopefully some of the guys who are staying with 2004 (as I did for years) will pop in with some ideas, etc.  Welcome aboard!
HOLA from México. Yes, I am one of Folks that are interested in Misty Moorings, Inc (FS2004).

POR FAVOR bring it back up to date. I hope "eventually" is not like our mexican "mañana"   :-X (never comes!)

GRACIAS, Jean.  8)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
Sorry, there is no more support or updates for the FS9 version of Misty's anymore.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »
     ... additionally, may I add that this thread is 6 years old.   :o  Have a nice day!  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 08:42:19 AM »
I remember going back and looking at it. But the technology in my own computer just didn't handle the old stuff at all. I gave up after a couple of days. I left the old site up as a courtesy to some old friends who still used it. My suggestion, just move on with the technology. P3D is miles above the old FSX. Bite the bullet and fly higher. You won't be sorry.

Doug

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »
I still fly the dinosaur, I'm just paranoid that if I bump up the future of flight simming, I'll be beating my head on the keyboard trying to get everything to work for the next 6 months to a year
. Right now no hiccups and have always followed axiom, if it ain't broke......

Teecee

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »
Sorry Doug, but "bite the bullet and fly higher" is not that simple for some..Remember that many do not have systems capable of handling modern sim technology, or the finances to upgrade.
That said, if this site cannot carry support for these folks there are others that will, and after all, RTMM is basically here to support the majority and the rapidly advancing FS world. Teecee.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
Don't confuse this discussion with RTMM's offerings. This is a discussion about the old Misty Moorings FS9 scenery!
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Teecee

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 02:05:59 PM »
Who is this comment directed at? If me, then perhaps my wording is a little misguiding, I understand that RTMM
Supports current simming, I am simply saying that the original poster will probably find what he is seeking elsewhere..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:10:08 PM by Teecee »

Penzoil3

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 03:02:57 AM »
 8)
 For crying out loud TeeCee. The original post is six bleeping years old !

zklgd

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 09:58:01 PM »
At the risk of getting off on the wrong foot ...

there really does seem to be a very negative reception here from some posters towards folks who still fly FS9 Misty Fjords.

This is a dedicated FS9 forum set up (by the admin) for the purpose of discussing FS9; please allow us the courtesy of posting in it without denigrating our choice of sim.

Dorian
"A shower of spray and we're away!"

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 08:16:32 AM »
I didn't read any comments that were very negative towards the FS9 posters here nor denigrating their choice of a sim. Most have just moved on.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »
Folks ... MistyMoorings.com is NO LONGER supported. Links can go "bad" and problems may occur. I've placed a notam on the top of the page. With all we are doing with FSX P3D 3 and now P3D 4, we are not going to spend any more time on FS9 and FS2000.   We apologize if this is bothersome for some people.  I will leave the site "up" for people who may want to still get things from it. But I'm also seriously thinking about taking it down as there is VERY LITTLE usage.

Doug/RTMM

zklgd

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 10:57:22 PM »
Okay. Thanks for keeping the page during the interim.

Dorian
"A shower of spray and we're away!"