Author Topic: Expansion pack  (Read 5510 times)

frostllp

• Flight Sim Scenery Addict
Expansion pack
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »
I only have SP2 at this point.  I think that's why the smoke is always missing from the chimney stacks.  What else am I missing?  Also, is there anything special that I should do when I install the expansion pack?

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »
I only have SP2 at this point.  I think that's why the smoke is always missing from the chimney stacks.  What else am I missing?  Also, is there anything special that I should do when I install the expansion pack?

Did you download and install the EZ scenery object library?  Plus the other libraries that will give you all the different objects the scenery has in it?
 8)
Later,

Spud

frostllp

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:16:24 PM »
Yes, I have all of the libraries and all of the possible Orbx & OzX stuff for the Northwest.  Is the smoke missing because of the Acc pack not being installed?

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Smoke effects are created by placing a FSX default cabin that has smoke embedded in the object and shrinking it down so it fits inside a chimney.

Check your advanced animations slider maybe. Just a guess though. Since I use an object that everybody has for smoke, you should be seeing this effect.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:03:12 AM »
In the other thread that you replied about the change of cabin object at Misty's for non-accelerated users, that cabin has smoke right for you right? Because it's the object I use for the smoke effects everywhere, so if you have that at Misty's and see smoke there, you should see smoke everywhere else I've done that workaround at.

Brad

frostllp

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »
Hi Brad -
Thanks for the reply.  I don't have smoke at Misty's Place.  Just the nice new cabin ;-)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »
Not sure then why you're missing the smoke there. I have FSX Gold which is SP2 and it's working for me.

frostllp

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »
Brad -
You don't have the Acceleration Pack?  Do you know the file name for the cabin?  I see your new cabin at Misty's - that's a different cabin I assume.  My animation slider is all the way up.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
I have FSX Gold which includes Acceleration.

frostllp

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
Oh, the smoke (cabin) must be part of the Acceleration Pack then.  Thanks again for the replies.
Cheers
Lou

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »
Oh, the smoke (cabin) must be part of the Acceleration Pack then.  Thanks again for the replies.
Cheers
Lou

Nope, as Brad says the smoke for all the buildings in RTMM is a FSX default object scaled very tiny and placed inside of a normally scaled building.  Of course the FSX Default object may have been included with Acceleration and not plain vanilla FSX, Brad did not make that absolutely clear previously.
 8)
Later,

Spud