Author Topic: Fairbanks Airport  (Read 4982 times)

xxd09

Fairbanks Airport
« on: January 26, 2017, 04:39:59 AM »
Hi All
Really enjoying flying the "Pipeline"
I have a small anomaly at Fairbanks
All my Airports have parked aircraft on land and lake without exception except Fairbanks
All airport scenery in position at Fairbanks on land and lake but no aircraft!
Anything I could try?
xxd09

xxd09

Re: Fairbanks Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »
Just another thought
Worth buying Aerosoft,s Fairbanks X?
xxd09

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »
Third party airports usually are more detailed and picturesque than default FSX.  The only possible problem with addon Fairbanks is that RTMM does have scenery at the airport and it may not be completely compatible with Fairbanks X.  Fairbanks default is rather detailed as is being a major airport.  As long as you are aware that the RTMM scenery my not dovetail into the payware Fairbanks and the price is right I'd say try it.  Let us know what the results are concerning the RTMM scenery located on Fairbanks airport and compatability.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »
Spud and xxd09,
Doug was careful to make sure that default Fairbanks doesn't interfere with Aerosoft Fairbanks, so they indeed do play nice with each other. No problem.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
Steve,
thanks for the information on Fairbanks.  xx09 there's info from the Lion's mouth.  Just a caveat that the info about 3rd party airports is still valid.  One thing you could do is to ask if an airport you might be interested in is compatible with ORBX scenery on the ORBX site.  As most of RTMM scenery is based on ORBX regions that would ensure it worked.
Fairbanks is of course outside of any ORBX Region at the moment so Steve's info was very helpful.  Any RTMM scenery associated with phase 2-5 of the BWEP pipeline are north of all ORBX scenery and there have been issues with various 3rd party MESH and Pipe alignment.  The Pilots FTX Compatible MESH does not have any elevation problems with the RTMM pipeline.
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 04:05:32 PM »
I have Aerosoft Fairbanks PAFA  installed. It's very well done and looks very nice I think.
And as Steve already mentioned it is prepared for BWEP scenery. You will find a RTMM BWEP floatplane base and a Medical center at the airport.

Doug did a great job making Aerosoft Fairbanks compatible with the BWEP scenery ....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

xxd09

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »
Thanks to all-plenty of pointers to a way ahead
Will try Aerosft product first and see how it sits in the sim
xxd09

xxd09

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 12:44:00 PM »
Hi All
Installed Aerosoft,s FairbanksX in P3D and FSX
Looks good and plenty of floatplanes,light aircraft and jets-especially in P3D where increasing Airport Planes settings to a high level is possible
RTMM floatplane base dissapears unfortunately
It would seem that Aerosoft overrides the RTTM "stuff"
Onwards and upwards
I now have a more believable airport
xxd09

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
In my P3d v3 installation the RTMM BWEP floatplane base works very good with Aerosoft FairbanksX.
In which order have you placed it in your scenery library?

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 04:39:35 PM »
xx09,
check your FSX Scenery Libary order.  Move the Aerosoft airport below all your RTMM scenery which should reside at the top of your Library.  This applies to FSX, P3D may be different.?

8)
Later,

Spud

xxd09

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 08:06:43 PM »
Hi spud
Thanks for that-that did the buisness in FSX and P3D for Fairbanks.
I have my RTMM libraries above OrbyxLibs but below RTMM addons-cabins,airstrips etc
Is this right?
Should all 3rd party Addons like Aerosoft,CrazyCreatives,Scotflight,Emerald Sceneries etc be below RTMM libraries but above OrbyxLibs?
Fairbanks is the first installation where I have noted problems-been lucky?
xxd09

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »
RTMM Libraries below RTMM scenery works fine.  Thats where mine reside too.  Any third party scenery I place after the RTMM libraries and above OZx files (OZx are immeadiately above FTX entries.
Attached is ORBX Manual table of correct order for FSX Scenery Library.
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »
I have my RTMM libraries all over the place and mixed in with all of my other RTMM stuff. I'm constantly swapping and updating my libraries as I develop and add objects to them so they usually end up near the top. It doesn't matter a bit where they sit in relation to anything RTMM; above, below or in between. Same with third party scenery; all over the place. The important thing is that ORBX and TF stays where they need to relative to everything else.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

xxd09

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »
Hi spud/ualani
Thanks for all that
Seen the new Orbyx post on Scenery order
It was known to me except for the FS Pilots 2010 position-now changed on my sim.
It's above the OrbyxLibs that is of interest to me especially as Aerosoft Fairbanks X worked best under RTMM object libraries but above OrbyxLibs
Perhaps this position is only of importance where Sceneries overlap as in Aerosoft Fairbanks X and RTMM Floatplane base.
I suppose "overlaps" are unusual but this is the second one at Misty Moorings-the other was Valdez
Might need a new insertion point rule?
xxd09

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
Maybe Klaus can chime in regarding how he has Fairbanks Xplaced in his scenery order.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support