Author Topic: BWEP Broken FP Link  (Read 2990 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
BWEP Broken FP Link
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:01:18 PM »
Hi, Doug. Just wanted to report that the DL link for the flight plan, Valdez to Klatina is broken. Brings up an HTML page with a bunch of text. The other 'along the way'  FP links seem to be fine.

jsapair
Jsapair

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: BWEP Broken FP Link
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »
Hey John: That's the 1st side trip from Valdez Pioneer (PAVD) to Klutina Outfitters. (The text you see is the flight plan in xml code.  (I have attached that flight plan in regular.pln format (after you unzip) until the link is updated).

(If you ever see a FP that is displayed in this coded format you can just grab/copy all the code off the page and paste it into your own created xxxxx.txt type text doc then rename that .txt file to the extension .pln) and done: that FP is done and usable by your sim or moving map etc in usual .pln format)

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:40 AM »
OK ... Fixed it!  If I put up a .pln file and you try to download it, that's what you get. (A bunch of html). So I have to zip each pln file, when you download that zipped file, then you have the "pln" file as you expect it. I tagged the "pln" file instead of the "zip" file for the download. Got it fixed now.

Thank you ... and by the way. We are always looking for these kinds of things, it is a very complicated website and I'm the only one on "this end" of that ... so I'll be making a mistake here and there.  The only way we can make it right is for you folks to let us know (as you did her).

Thank you!

Doug

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »
And a great job you're doing, too, Doug. And thanks for the info Norm...good to know.

jsapair
Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:29:27 AM »
 8)
 Really, that was educational.
 Thanks guys!
 Sue