Author Topic: Magic Bus 142  (Read 4757 times)

Dieter

Magic Bus 142
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:03:32 AM »
Start your flight at Healy River/HRR, follow the stampede trail and do a search for Supertramp Christopher McCandless' bus.

A new well done scenery created by Thomas Menzel:
- Magic Bus 142

Download:
http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/#m

As always please read additional informations.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
Re: Magic Bus 142
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
Thanks Dieter & Tom! This tourist attraction was among those featured in a Smithsonian video I posted here in RTMM earlier entitled "Alaska's Call of the Wild"...  http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3149.0

I had an inkling that this RW iconic bus (though has a tragic history because of what happened to that well-off adventurer McCandless) will be made into a scenery object someday in flightsim  :'( ...and maybe, legendary bush pilot Don Sheldon's mountain house at Ruth Glacier will be next on the pipeline? ;-)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:54:22 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

tomse

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »
Hi Dex
You were the one who points me to MagicBus142 scenery. Glad, you and others like the location.
And you are right again, Sheldon Mountain House and Denali Base Camp are in the pipeline for Denali National Park. But in the team we are still discussing in which containment will will launch it! We are out of RTMM homeland. Pls stay patient, we will see.
Tomse
 thanks Dieter for your kind comment

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

tomse

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
Sorry I mean Trex

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

Trex3D

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
Great Tomse! Looking forward to your projects and more RTMM offerings as it comes ...and happy holidays! Thanks again  :)

EDIT: By the way, the famous +/- 1,000-mile, annual  Idatirod Trail Dog Sled Race from Anchorage or Fairbanks to Nome in Alaska might also be a interesting project to consider in the future since bushplanes fly supply runs and medical dispatches to the stop houses or stations along the race routes  depicted in that video documentary. It's nice to base our virtual RTMM playground goodies close to the RW or at least inspired by it. Just few more cents..wishing moving dogsled AI scenery objects are available to simulate racing on the trails, then that would be COOL!  8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:10:00 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

xxd09

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 07:30:56 PM »
Hi All
Another great piece of scenery
Took a bit of finding though!
Rough coordinates N63  52.06.     W149. 46.23
xxd09

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 04:35:02 PM »
Trex,

I've updated some scenery for RTMM called "Snow Dogs Tours" and they're affiliated with Alaska Adventures VA. We, cover that area of the Iditarod only in the opposite direction. There's an idea or two I have for a RTMM Iditarod scenery package though but I'm busy with the pipeline ATM.

Stay tuned,

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 04:44:43 PM »
Downloaded the updated SDT1 and SDT2 Brad and thank-you.  Going on a "Magic Bus" hunt now!  (The BWEP is fantastic, my fav area to fly and looking forward to the next installment.).

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Trex3D

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 06:14:35 PM »
Excellent Brad! Looking forward also to your Idatirod project soon. Happy holidays!  8)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »
"The MAGIC BUS" is perfect in the middle of nowhere.. Left Healy (HRR) in a CT210 out to find the Bus!! And voila: a very nice spot. The gent at the bus waved on my arrival and the staff lit an open fire to roast chestnuts!! Then a sunset on the way back to Healy: bonus. A great little piece of scenery and a very cool side trip. Nice Job.

Norm
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:36:42 PM by nbrich1 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:38:32 PM »
(The sunset pics attached: On the way home from the Magic BUS!).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:41:21 PM by nbrich1 »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »
Beautiful pics Norm!

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 02:40:38 PM »
Great pics Norm. All, notice Norm is flying "dusk" ... get used to this "up there" in BWEP. Very rarely will you find full sunshine during your day, it is mostly dusk, dawn and night.  We are doing our best to make sure we have adequate lighting at the sites we are building for that reason. A little extra effort, but something we have to pay attention to "up north."  Of course, for the bus, no lighting, but you'll see plenty at our airports that we are fixing up for you as we go.

The "fixups" for the airports will show for you when Richardson Highway is released. We have updated the airports quite a bit to accompany BWEP. So when it comes out, you'll see the lighting we are putting in for you.

I enjoy flying this area because of the "dusk" textures. The lights are usually on and the sky, as in Norm's pics, really is pretty with the different hues or orange, etc.

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »
For sure Doug.. It's mostly dawn, dusk or dark! Not much "day" to speak of up here in the winter season of Alaska. Maybe a couple hours of daylight if you're lucky!!  (Great job on the airports.. Strobes leading into the runways and building lighting look very nice and are "glowing" in the darker sky surroundings).  

Took the old B-25 war-bird out for a spin today in the Valdez area! Again dusk/sunset rapidly changing to dark with another very "purty" sky! A few sky snaps attached. (Back to Christmas festivities shortly!)

(And a very Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings to all). 

Norm
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:56:30 AM by nbrich1 »

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 10:14:25 PM »
I found it, too...'cause it's in the new RTMM Flight Plan Folder  ::)
Jsapair