Author Topic: Nvidia Inspector Tool  (Read 5193 times)

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Nvidia Inspector Tool
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:01:26 PM »
I'm still an FSX user.

Does anyone here use the Nvidia Inspector tool?.

I had a problem yesterday. I installed the latest version of FSUIPC. This was probably a bad idea for me and my FSX. After I installed it. I opened my Nvidia Inspector tool, and found my MS Flight Simulator X profile I had is no longer there. No I have jagged edges everywhere, including on all my airplanes.
I looked at all the games that are listed in the NVidia inspector. For some reason. MS-Flight Simulator X doesn't show up, so I can check the profile settings I had for my FSX. All the other flight simulator games are there, but not flight simulator X?

I did go back to the previous FSUIPC I had installed. I thought by doing this, would bring back the MS-flight Simulator X I had in the games list that that show with the NVidia Inspector Tool.

So I guess my question is or would be. Should MS-Flight Simulator X basic profile be there in the NVidia inspector tool?. If I have to create a new Flight Simulator X profile. How do I do it using  the NVidia inspector tool?.  Than I can make the necessary settings, like I had two days ago.
I have my FSX profile settings I want and was using. So. Until I figure out how to create or add MS-Flight Simulator X to the NVidia Inspector  tool program. My FSX is un-flyable the way it is, with all the massive jagged edge issues etc.

Thanks for any assistance

GrayRider 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:03:47 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Nvidia Inspector Tool
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »
Hi George,
I'll be glad to see if we can get your Nvidia Inspector settings up and running again. I haven't messed around with it for a long time but I have a profile setting for FSXDX10 that should probably work for you.

I'm not positive, but I think I remember reading that the newer Nvidia Inspectors don't have the settings for FSX anymore so you have to either create one by hand or import someone else's - which I can give to you.

Just and FYI, FSUIPC wouldn't corrupt Nnvidia Inspector's settings, so something else is responsible. Did you reinstall it or install a brand new one?

Also, your jagged edges are a result of something amiss in your antialias settings, which can be adjusted through Nvidia Inspector.

The best way to handle this is one on one rather than a back and forth on the forum. Send me a private message and we'll work on it. Don't panic!

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

GrayRider

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:31:02 PM »
Before I installed the latest version of FSUIPC. I backed up my current FSUIPC modules folder in my FSX The version which is 4.9.4.8 Than I installed the newest version of FSUIPC which is 4.9.5.8.
I have removed the newest version, and re-added the previous version I had.

I did here a rumor, that the Flight Simulator 10 that does show up in the inspector profiles list,  is Flight Simulator X as well?. I don't know how true that is though.

I'll send you a PM

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

GrayRider

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
Hi George,
I'll be glad to see if we can get your Nvidia Inspector settings up and running again. I haven't messed around with it for a long time but I have a profile setting for FSXDX10 that should probably work for you.

I'm not positive, but I think I remember reading that the newer Nvidia Inspectors don't have the settings for FSX anymore so you have to either create one by hand or import someone else's - which I can give to you.

Just and FYI, FSUIPC wouldn't corrupt Nnvidia Inspector's settings, so something else is responsible. Did you reinstall it or install a brand new one?

Also, your jagged edges are a result of something amiss in your antialias settings, which can be adjusted through Nvidia Inspector.

The best way to handle this is one on one rather than a back and forth on the forum. Send me a private message and we'll work on it. Don't panic!

Steve

Steve. I just sent you a PM

GrayRider

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:03:51 AM »
- text deleted -
as been advised by Steve, he already answered to the problem in detail.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:31:23 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »
As I correctly pointed out in my previous post, the NVidia Inspector programs' profile list no longer contains any profiles for FSX under any name. Note that GrayRider is an FSX user, not a P3D user, so NVdia Inspector would be a useful tool for him to continue to use. I also mentioned above that FSUIPC has nothing to do with NVidia Inspector's settings.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 10:01:08 AM »
UPDATE.

The latest versions of NVidia Inspector and NVidia drivers indeed do have profiles for Flightsimulator 10 (can't remember the exact profile name) as well as a profile for P3D. Apologies to Dieter about my belief that the FSX profiles aren't there. I had older drivers and version of NVidia Inspector.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 11:16:28 PM »
Another good reason to not update the Nvidia drivers unless they pertain to you as a video gamer. If you only use your GPU for FSX/P3D there is no reason to update. If you're a big time gamer then that's a different story.

jsapair
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 10:57:38 AM »
Do not know why but for about the past 2 weeks when I get a popup from Nvidia about new drivers available I click on the notice and I can't get Nvidia site to load.  As I recall it tells me to try again later???.
Don't need any new drivers but was curious as to what they were trying to get me to download?  Not worried about it as sim looks fine.
 8)
Later,

Spud

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »
Do you have GeForce Experience installed?  That will produce notices about new drivers.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »
I had to upgrade my old NVidia drivers because for some reason I could no longer save any changes I made to NVidia Inspector. Strange but true.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »
Do you have GeForce Experience installed?  That will produce notices about new drivers.

Actually that is when I have the problem.  GeForce Experience shows an update is available and when I click the link I can't logon to Nvidia.
Ha!  Just checked and apparently M$ updates to WIN 10 and somehow wiped out GeForce Exp.  Downloaded it again and decided not to install it due to all the hoops they want you to jump through ala user name, password etc.  I do it "my way" not their way (idiots!)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »
IMO GeForce Experience is a waste of time and useless anyway. If my video drivers are working I don't upgrade unless I absolutely have to (like I just did.) My old ones were a couple of years old and wouldn't allow me to change my Inspector profiles for some absurd reason.

Spud,
How's your system running? Any problems?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:25 AM »
System is running at what I estimate about 85-90%.  Most days I have to start FSX twice due to the fact it starts fine and then about 5 min. later it has CTD.  Second time seems to be the charm.  Other days first time is the charm, go figure.
Of course Mama told me not to say anything if I can't say something nice so we will ignore the constant (almost daily) unrequsted updates from Microshaft WIN 10 that changes things around so nothing seems the same from one day to the next.  Example: today I booted the box and it took me 5 min. to figure out how to get the computer on line.  Opening screen totally different than last night and its asking for a password again even though I had eliminated that weeks ago. SHEESH!!!!
 >:(
Later,

Spud