Author Topic: Misty's Place Helicopter  (Read 4076 times)

shadowcaster

Misty's Place Helicopter
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:50:48 AM »
Hi, new to the forum and using the Misty scenery, very impressed with it great job chaps. I do have a question, can the Navy helicopter located at Misty's place be removed or changed, or have I done something wrong and it shouldn't be there anyway.

Cheers
Rich

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Misty's Place Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 01:03:07 PM »
My guess is that when it was placed there, the designer also added other objects while he was working on that certain .BGL scenery file. Unless there is a navyhelicopter.BGL (which would be a file that only has the helicopter in it) or something like that, removing the file that had the helicopter in it would also remove other things.
                                                                        Just a guess,
                                                                                       Ryan
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »
I'd need to see a picture of what exactly you're seeing. I don't remember placing any helicopter that is parked as a static aircraft when I did the scenery design.

Brad

shadowcaster

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 03:49:35 PM »
Hi

Thanks for the replies here's a shot showing the offending heli. I must have got something wrong but not sure what.

Cheers
Rich
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:51:13 PM by shadowcaster »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:08:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Doug put it there in one of his more recent additions to the area. (Probably around the time of the Medical Dispatch project.) If the OP wants it  removed, for whatever reason, he can easily do it using Instant Scenery or any other object placement tool and keep the customized Misty's for his own use. He can remove just the helicopter or any other object he wants.

Steve
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:30:57 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

shadowcaster

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:41:31 PM »
Thanks again for the replies, the problem is now solved, for whatever reason I was using an incomplete Misty's Place folder. I downloaded it again and now have Misty's without the heli.

Thank again

Rich

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »
Misty's changes upon occasion and Doug usually posts a NOTAM when things like that happen. Glad you figured it out.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »
Being one of the rotorheads here, I recall of having requested Doug sometime ago to place a helipad in Misty's Place for the RTMM helis folks but didn't request for that UH-60 Blackhawk. Instead of completely removing a helo there, why not replace that military one with a civilian chopper like a Bell 206 or A-Star 350 which I think are common static objects in FSX/P3D? Also, the current UH-60 is misplaced anyway as it's in the middle of PF20. In the RW, you might observe helo pilots would usually land or park it at the sidelines of an airport due to its unique ability to hover and land in tight, confined spaces twice its main rotor length. The scenery developers here would know more about in correcting or editing the scenario. Just my opinion. Thanks!  ;)

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

shadowcaster

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 11:33:47 PM »
I did think of replacing the heli with a civil one but not sure how and did not want to modify the scenery without permission.

Cheers
Rich

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
Are you guys sure the heli is still there? I'm away from my home computer, so can't check, but I'm pretty sure I took it out. There wasn't enough room to taxi around when you were doing the medicals. So in my copy at home I'm pretty sure it isn't there. Re-download Misty's Place and check to see if it is gone. If it isn't then I have to re upload my copy ... but that will be after Christmas. It is better without that heli there.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 11:01:31 PM »
Doug,
in the Misty's Place I have the helo has been removed some time ago.  However as previously noted there have been more than one version of Misty's.   Best way to discover is to download and install the current Misty's Place.  I prefer no helo in the middle of the ramp so I like whatever version I'm running.
 8)
Later,

Spud

shadowcaster

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »
I can confirm it's gone from one location but I've just been looking to the side of the hangers and found it lurking there.

Cheers
Rich

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 08:30:29 AM »
:-)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 11:04:06 AM »
Helo's don't 'lurk' they 'squat'!   ;D ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
I have got 2 helicopters on Misty Place airfield + an empty helicopter landing place ! Is my PN20 airport haunted?

Can someone send an exorcist?!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:15:19 PM by Yoland »
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348