Author Topic: OZX  (Read 3569 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
OZX
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:18:13 PM »
I see where both of you guys are coming from; having to install v 3.0, then 3.1, etc. Same with the libraries; 1.0, 1.01, etc. But in the end, with the whole package, according to the OZX info, you should have in your scenery library OZX AU, LIB, and NA, in that order, which is what Spud was referring to. That said, I went to my scenery library to see if I had those 3 items. Come to find out I don't have any of them...lost in the failure of my HDD and installation of an SSD just like Spud is enduring.

So, off to the OZX website, and it all came back to me how confusing this all is. Before my HDD finally died I managed to save a lot of existing stuff. On the resulting CD I have zip files of OZx_LIB_v1.1, OZx_NA1.01_install, and OZx3.0Manual. So that's what I had installed before the crash.

There is also a new OZx v3.5 out which looks to be solely AUS. I'm not interested in flying AUS but I'm not sure if I have to have it to run NA. Can't say if I had it before or not. I guess I could try running the OZx_LIBv1.1, and the OZx_NA1.01_install exe's and find out, huh? Any OZx experts are sure invited to chime in at this point. If I have to install all versions from 3.0 on and all libraries from 1.0 on then that's what I'll do. I just don't know. Apologies for such a long post.

jsapair
Jsapair

geezer

Re: OZX
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »
The RTMM and OZx libraries have some file similarities.  When installing the RTMM library, there are instructions for which OZx library files to take out to avoid conflicts. 

That said, I put all RTMM library files in one folder and have not had a problem.  I also put all OZx library files in one folder (moved there in order) that is different from the RTMM library folder.  I use simstarter so the two folders never load at the same time and so I don't need to be concerned with removing files.  I don't use the OZx puget sound sceneries but that doesn't affect the OZx library install. 

It's all pretty simple really.

jsapair

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:56:54 PM »
My question is, to put it simply, do I have to have OZx AU installed to run OZx NA? Maybe I wasn't clear on that point. Sorry for the rambling and the confusion in my previous post.

jsapair
Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 12:48:04 AM »
 8)
 No, but you do need the libraries, all of 'em...
 Sue

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 02:26:40 AM »
Hi guys,

Like jsapair, I'm also interested in installing and using the OZx freeware downloadables in order to use for NA only to hopefully enhance and/or supplement what I already have from RTMM. However, I haven't used any of OZx's scenery stuff or objects before. It might be better to throw this question/s in the OZx forums but since I'm new there and been lurking here for a while now, I'd like to get some advise (if it's not too much to ask  :-[) from you learned ones who have had experience installing and using their scenery packages other than those from RTMM. Based on what was discussed in this and the other thread started by Spud, I downloaded from he Ozx site about 4 ZIP files which all contain executable installers but no Read Me or instructions included in each:

OZx_LIBv1.1.zip
Ozx_LIB_v1.2.zip
OZx_Libraries_1.0_install.zip
OZx_NA1.01_install.zip

1. Are these all the files needed in order to properly and completely install the OZx NA scenery and objects? If not, what else is needed to be installed?

2. What is the proper order of installing these 4 in the FSX scenery library and in relation with RTMM files and other custom files in the Addon Scenery folder?

3. Are there maps or guides which areas the OZx NA scenery covers? How about CSV for the POIs like those Dieter has made?

Again, any help and guidance appreciated. Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:29:07 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »
Here links to two different maps showing ORBX regions and airports.  They are very similar but differnt  :o
can't really say it any better but you will see what I mean when you look at the two maps.
I made a shortcut to the maps to make it easier to find em'.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&ll=47.04766864046053%2C-123.00292668750001&z=6

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1oMki4fAslLZKQiCQIn2fNSvvzG0&hl=en&ll=36.55882389769735%2C-119.92747795562167&z=8

8)
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 09:41:48 AM »
Thanks for the links Spud, I've been looking for them.

Teecee

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
There is so little OZX NA in the files it's hardly worth bothering about.. but.. if you want a decent outback Aus, the new V3.5 has it all.. in a single installer, with the exception of a couple of recent addons.... what more could you ask? Teecee.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »
I show 22 airports in NA according to the OZx NA 1.0 manual.
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 12:50:41 PM »
Thanks for the informative maps spud!  ;) Glad you pointed out that there's an OZx NA manual. Looks like bulk of OZx's NA airports are in WA state. I would assume the four OZx NA files I downloaded and posted earlier are all that's needed to properly install it with the newer versions on top right?

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

jsapair

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 09:31:31 PM »
As an example, I recently installed the ORBX Grand Canyon freeware scenery. It's an OZx product. It's the only OZx listing in my scenery library. Would you need the OZx libs installed in order for that to show properly? They don't list it as a prerequisite. Thanks Sue, Spud and Teecee. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go with v3.5 if it's cumulative, which it appears to be. Who knows, I may want to fly over Ayers Rock someday and see how the wallaby are faring.  ;) And don't forget to tie your kangaroo down, mate.

jsapair
Jsapair