Author Topic: Multyplayer  (Read 5280 times)

Teecee

Multyplayer
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »
Anyone here interested in Low and slow flights using FSCloud and Skype? I just lost my flying partner, and I did so enjoy flying with and chatting with another.. Teecee.

Penzoil3

Re: Multyplayer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:07:37 PM »
 8) Yes.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »
Hey there TEECEE..

There is a couple of us "AKA VA" guys who also fly with cloud and vatsim, myself included. We don't kick in skype too much but do use the FSCloud PM or the new free Discord (TS3) equivalent for comms.

It is a bit hard to marry up at times as all are on various time zones but when we do connect, we'll fly a common AKA flight leg together with a Sky vector map in and/or a common flight plan. 

We don't formally do group flights at the AKA VA site but many of us do fly together from time to time when we happen to run into each other via vatsim and/or FSCloud: a bush excursion of sorts: flying the same flight leg together following landmarks etc in the sim as they relate to sky vector map for those legs. A very interesting fly and can be very educational: learning how to better fly and navigate directly from other pilots and/or them learning from your flight skills.

On the FS Cloud map or side pilot list: My FScloud ID is AKA995, (Norm), and AKA1305 is another fellow pilot at Alaska Adventures VA named Roger: we do fly quite a bit together. When in the air with "cloud" on, will definitely watch for you TEECEE. (I'll also mention it to Roger too). (I am in Ontario, Canada, and Roger is currently in the UK, (with the US Military), so there is a 5 Hr time zone difference between us..

In any regard, you are more than welcome to fly with us at any time and there's always lots to fly from RTMM flight plans to AKA legs.. It can be a very fun, interesting way to fly in the "Bush": low and slow.
You'll find us in Alaska or BC most of the time.. and we'll watch for you too and try to get together.

Regards
Norm AKA995

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Teecee

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
Thanks for that Norm.. I think you might be just what I am seeking.. I am an old guy, hard of hearing and that is why Skype works for me.. Flying the areas that you mention sounds good too, though in truth I am an Aussie.. well in part anyway, but that's a different story.. too long for this post..I will look out for you guys and hopefully we can get together.. Teecee (Terry)

Teecee

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 05:32:06 PM »
No problem Terry... (I am just retired but am still young(er) than older, I think..lol.. but due to work/environment noise over the past 38 years or so, can't hear very well either!!! so no worries.. Pardon? Try that again ? lol.. And you Aussie?, I'm a Canuckian here.. so we're close and even in the same commonwealth!..lol So all is good. I already emailed Roger about you so yup we will watch for you Terry.

Norm AKA995
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:35:13 PM by nbrich1 »

Teecee

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »
Just wondering what voice system you use when MP is running..Fscloud has a voice system I believe but I have never tried it, would not know where to start quite honestly.. One thing about Skype, at least at the moment, it's free, and it's no different to making a phone call.. though whether that will continue now that Microsoft has it I do not know.. I hope we can get together online, there is so much misty's to look at I have hardly scratched  the surface. Plus I have all the Orbx, well almost all..no real interest in the Central European stuff.. but North America, Aus, and the British Isles keep me busy..Teecee.

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 12:10:34 AM »
 8) Also free, most commonly used for multiplayer.  Easy to setup.
http://www.teamspeak3.com/teamspeak-download.php

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »
There is a few.. FS Cloud has free text pm and that voice too.. (I have never tried that voice).. but in FScloud, it appears that the entire room can hear everything in the room as it is one common it appears   so not very private and guess can get noisy.. There is Skype which works or TS3.. (But for TS3 you need to use someones paid server IP to connect to others)

At AKA, we had a paid server with a monthly charge, not too much but the summer vactiona etc, not many were using TS3. After the summer , one of the pilots found a free TS3 equivalent: it's called "Discord". So instead of paying for a private TS3 server we have just started using "Discord" with has everything and is totally free.

Discord has both a browser version and an installed version: a small program which is @ the size of TS3 or slightly bigger. like a TS3 type program but with a pile of more stuff built into it.

Link https://discordapp.com/

Are just getting into it and haven't used it much yet but have already set it up a private type server on it for Alaska Adventures and again can get to it either via Browser or via the installed program where the AKA server setting stay accessible. And all free to create the server and for the clients to use it.

I installed the program.. works good so far..

Just need to create an account for usage then to get to our server: follow the links as below..

If I did this right the Browser version link to AKA is: https://discord.gg/w3FGQ

and the program link to AKA server Discord is: https://discord.gg/7RRxhaP

Seems to work ok so far although we are very new at using discord but no issues so far. You are more than welcome to pop there and take a peek... (We have a water cooler room, break room, Tour room, flights rooms... etc... Welcome to take a look see!!

Norm

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:06:02 AM by nbrich1 »

Teecee

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »
Thanks for the links, and the info..A very comprehensive view of MP..
I will take a look at Discord, but to be honest I am very happy with Skype, though in truth, I am not really aware of just how and why it works and is free.. I am just happy to use it while this remains so..Perhaps it will change now that Microsoft own it..
I am not into big group flying.. more one on one (or two/three) but that said, I will be happy to give the groups here at misty's a go.. Give me a day or two to get set up and we can give it a try..I am in Mississippi, so there are no huge time differences (IE 16 hours between here and Aus) so it should work well..Thanks again for the input..Terry (Teecee).

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 01:26:32 PM »
Yup skype works too Terry. I am not big on group either.. well to say, one other or two is great, but have flown twice with 4 others, so 5 of us.. it was fun. but I think as you do anymore than that could be kinda busy!

Oh, a Mississippi Aussie..lol... but open to fly anywhere... Yes prefer Alaskan Bc Scenery stuff.. but perhaps you can take me on an Aussie tour too sometime and I'll take you on an Ontario trip..lol.. or we take a trip via the RTNN power project or BWEP.. lots to options .. just so many options will never see it all..lol..

Norm

BBQSteve

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
Is there a user guide or manual for FSCloud? How about a help file in English?

I am having problems with fsx crash, but not in a usual way. It just stops with no event recorded in Event Viewer.

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »
There are currently several options for online MP depending on your flightsim platform. In terms of number of users in the MS FSX descendancy, FSX-Steam Edition leads the pack followed by FSX boxed, then P3D based on its default MP.

For voice comms, Team Speak 3 is the most popular among gamers (flightsimmers included) and some use the freeware Discord. You can look up who's online in TS3 using TSViewer. For cross-platform MP, I have tried using DAFSIM (server/client-based, supports FSX boxed/FSX-SE, P3D & XP, stable, bit complicated to set-up, mostly European VAs use it), FSHost (client/server based, supports FS2002/FS2004, FSXboxed, FSX-SE & P3D, easy to set up, occasionally jittery/laggy depending on latency/connection) and JoinFS (peer-to-peer, supports 3 platforms except XP, lightweight to setup, newly developed). There's also FSOpen server for FSX boxed legacy MP replacement of the old GameSpy. There may be others. Just Google these up. There's usually related info online.

By the way,  I read a while back in AVSIM that the FSCloud does not support choppers yet, can anybody confirm if this is still the case with its latest version? I can't seem to find newer info about it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:55:59 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »
FWIW I belong to a small VA that flies every Sat. morning and we use FSHost Client and TeamSpeak with no problems and up to 12 multiplayers.  We have two members who keep a constant system running with the two programs available 24/7.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Teecee

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 03:49:30 PM »
Thanks for all the info Guys, i will take a look at what you have sent. To be honest i do not like Teamspeak (I used it some years ago) but technology being what it is, it has probably advanced a lot since then.. Teecee.