Author Topic: Sue, need a URL (again)  (Read 5441 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Sue, need a URL (again)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 11:31:57 PM »
George,
I wouldn't worry about the FTX entry order right now because every time you run FTX Central v3 it will re-arrange all things ORBX into an alphabetical order.  This is a know bug and ORBX support says it will issue a correction as soon as they figure out how to fix it.
Your FTX insertion point below OZx NA is correct and Central does not muck about with OZx entries (at least not yet!) after you manually moved Tongass X 2 entries below FTX and above OLC set the insertion point for the OLC to below Tongass Fjords Lower Priority and your good to go. (the OLC will stay put after that.
Basically Central has three faults at this time.
1. Alphabetizing the FTX entries which changes the order
2. Moving the 5 VECTOR entries (APT, CVX, EXX, FIXES APT and OBJ) above the FS 2010 Global Entries (if you have those)
3. It will re-write the library as above EVERY time you run Central v3.
If you are not buying any software from ORBX or there are no announcments of an update to ORBX scenery I would just not run Central any more than necessary.

(Screen shot of my insertion points)

8)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:39:04 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »
FWIW this thread started out as a request from Sue for a URL to another site that I couldn't find and has deteriorated into a discussion of several different topics and the present Insertion Point part of this thread I feel should be weeded out into a separate thread dedicated to just that discussion as it could be missed because of the title of this thread.
Doug,
can that be done?
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
Thanks for your above info Spud.

My Central 3 FTX and OLC insertion points are set as shown in your screenshot above.

For now. I'm leaving my Central 3 closed, until orbx, gets the bloopers/problems figured out with central 3.

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr