Author Topic: Sue, need a URL (again)  (Read 5477 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Sue, need a URL (again)
« on: October 30, 2016, 01:11:59 PM »
Sue,
sorry to ask again but can't find old answer.  I need the correct URL for:

FS Veterans site

Searched every way I can think of but no luck.

I'm down for flight simming ATM can't re-instll FSX but would like to keep up with my 'sites'.

Thanks.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

Re: Sue, need a URL (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 08:26:35 PM »
http://z8.invisionfree.com/FSVeteransclub/index.php?act=idx
 Please check your messages ! Help for FSX !
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »
Thanks a bunch (again) I know I have a printout of the URL's just need to be able to remember where it is!  ???

Slowly getting things back in line.  Now for the loooonggg install it all over again.  Hopefully I can utilize the ORBX Direct to re-download all my 'ORBX STUFF' as the old installers will not function after tomorrow if I migrate to ORBX Direct.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 08:56:32 AM »
 8)
 You brave man you !  Good luck with that.  I'm waiting and watching.
 LOL
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »
Good Gawd Amighty.
Installed FTX Central v3 and migrated my ORBX files from the FSS without any problems other than didn't get any e-mails from either the FSS or ORBX until this morning.  Ben activated things for me yesterday so I could start the process.
Long story short THERE IS NO SHORT!
Downloading is taking hours for a single file due to server overload from everyone getting files etc.  Today I downloade FTX NA LC and it took at least 3 hours or longer.
So ............

Patience my A## I'm gonna kill something!!

Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »
Can't log in to FX Central 3. Email and password don't match. Is it the same info as the ORBX forums? I've tried every combo I can think of. Spud, let me borrow your shotgun. Can't log into FSS either.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:25 PM »
Can't log in to FX Central 3. Email and password don't match. Is it the same info as the ORBX forums? I've tried every combo I can think of. Spud, let me borrow your shotgun. Can't log into FSS either.

jsapair

Been there, done that!  You need to register yourself with OrbxDirect.  Your logon information for Orbx doesn't work for Orbx Direct.  Just click on register, and fill in the blanks.  After you get your FTX Central 3 up and running, you log in to it, using the logon info you've just created.  Then, click on the little chain icon in top-left of FTX Central 3, next to the "orbxdirect.com" line.  That will connect you to the FSS (FlightSim Store) page, and begin the process of linking FSS to OrbxDirect.com.  After that you can download and update your products through the FTX Central 3 app.  Good Luck. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 11:45:57 PM »
Hey, Jeff. Yeah this is all pretty confusing. I couldn't log in to FSS either so I changed my password and I can get into my account now. Ah, I just saw that chain link for orbxdirect you mentioned and I see it's clickable. Going there now. 
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »
Jeff, that was exactly the link I needed. Thank you, pal. That did the trick, I'm in now. They should make that more clear. Never heard of orbxdirect until you mentioned it in your post. EEEHAWW! I'm a happy camper now...no loose strings.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »
Great.  Maybe this advice will help someone else, too.  (too bad it's in THIS thread) :-\ :o ;)

p.s.- Remember to check your "Insertion Point" in FTX Central.  Mine was set to load at the top of my scenery library.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:21:19 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Can you explain the insertion point.  I have had nothing but problems with this new program.  I have had to install my FSX scenery library three time already because every time I went into the new ORBX system it destroyed my FSX scenery library by mixing all of the files up.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »
Hi Tom,
     In your scenery library, the order in which each scenery loads is important.  Default scenery is down on the bottom of the list.  Everything after/above that will overwrite or replace scenery for that same area.  You can "lock" in the entry point for FTX by specifying where in your scenery library to load it.  You should pick a scenery folder such as OZx_NA (if you've got the ozx installed that is), or use the last RTMM scenery folder.  Then FTX will always load below/before RTMM's scenery.
     To set the FTX insertion point, open your FTX Central 3 and click on the gear icon at bottom left.  FTX Central settings will be displayed.  In the center of the panel it says "FTX entries should be inserted below:".  Click on the line below that, and select from the drop-down list which line of your scenery library FTX should load in below it.  I use OZx as a divider between my RTMM and FTX scenery.  So have OZx after all RTMM and FTX below OZx.   ???
     If you search on this site, using the term "insertion point", you can read relevant threads on this subject. 

Here is a link that should help ...  ;)
How to make an insertion point for the ORBX scenery
http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1008.msg7256#msg7256
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:49:18 AM by jeff3163 »

jsapair

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »
Jeff, yeah you're right. My FTX bloc wound up somewhere in the middle of my RTMM entries. Hmmm...move the RTMM entries up or the FTX entries down. Decisions, decisions. Great fun either way. Can you move a whole bloc up or down in SCE? I didn't have any luck...one at a time for me. And yeah, too bad this thread didn't get started in the Help/Trouble section. You know how it is, somebody makes a quick comment, somebody else expounds on the comment, and pretty soon you have a thread totally unrelated to the OP.
                         Thanks for your tips, pal. Great help.

jsapair
Jsapair

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »
I followed Jeff's instructions doing the insertion points in central 3 for my FSX. After I made the insertion points for FTX and OLC I clicked the save button. Than I closed central and started my FSX. I checked my FSX library, and my FTX and OLC entries are where they should be.
I'm not sure if it will stay that way, based on what ORBX does and is doing with Central 3 etc.

I do also have The two Tongass Fjords entries. Since there is no insertion points function in central 3 I could use. I had the move those manually to between my FTX and OLC entries in my FSX library. I'm not sure if they will stay put where I put them in the library?.

I do also have all the OZx addons as well. I used the OZx_NA for my FTX insertion point.

Since Orbx set everything up in alplabetical order. I have for other OZx addons, that are much further down in my FSX lineup. These are Olgas, Grand_Canyon, Death Valley and Ants Aussie Airports and Ants Aussie Airports_Boonah. I'm not sure where I need to manually move these in my FSX Library, and hope they stay put when I move them etc?.

Thanks for any feedback.

GrayRider 
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 08:26:28 PM »
Sounds good George!  I think you've got it all set up correctly.  It will stay where you have them.  8)