Author Topic: Waterfall problem.  (Read 3389 times)

Penzoil3

Waterfall problem.
« on: October 16, 2016, 09:41:30 PM »
I have some black buildings at Waterfall. I've passed the Scenery Tester, all 12 show. Suggestions please...

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Waterfall problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:47:07 AM »
Please post the exact coordinates of the area or clearly show them in a screenshot.

In general, if you have all of the libraries installed correctly, black textures are the result of having a duplicate set of the same objects and textures somewhere else on your system. We can help you test for this and then track them down if you can provide us with the above information.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:18:57 PM »
Sue,
Either you have duplicate objects like Steve mentions or missing library.  If the Tester shows all 12 objects then it must be a case of duplicates.
I'm attaching a screen shot of Waterfall as closely matched to yours as I could come to show what is missing in your scenery.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:20:56 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:41:58 PM »
Thanks Spud. I'll hunt for dupes.
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »
Sue,
perhaps someone who know how can start Instant Scenery and determine which objects these are.  It can be done I just don't know how myself.
Ok team lets help Sue with which files are either duplicated or not present.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
Found this in both Runway 12 and EZ Scenery, removed one. That's not it.
FSXP3D fs9_custom_buildings_ss_1.bgl
 Can't find any other dupes in any RTMM scenerylibrary.
 Sigh
 Sue

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 08:51:40 AM »
Sue,

You are missing the point.   The dupes in the standard RTMM libraries are ok....no reason to delete them.   

We are talking about libraries that you have active outside of the RTMM libraries that contain the same objects that the RTMM libraries contain.   The duplicate would be outside of the RTMM libraries and most probably do not have exactly the same name as the RTMM libraries which all start with FSXP3D.   

The black texture objects in your picture are supposed to be pulled from the FSXP3D airport_restaurants_ss.bgl library and the FSXP3D ez_uk buildings_v1.bgl library that are both contained in the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D folder of RTMM libraries.  However, that is not where you look for the problem.

You are probably getting black textures because the Sim is pulling the objects from another library, outside of RTMM, that contains the same objects but with an orphaned texture file.  To find these, try doing a  search for airport_restaurants_ss.bgl or ez_uk buildings_v1.bgl and see if any turn up without the FSXP3D prefix.  Those are the names of the libraries as the existed in the old EZ Scenery Library files. 

Remember, that the RTMM versions have a "FSXP3D"  prefix.   Most likely, you still have an old version of the EZ Scenery Library active that is no long tied to a texture file.  Any old version of the EZ Scenery Library need to be removed.

Rod 

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 05:13:09 PM »
A search shows no duplicates of either file. I do not have an old EZ Scenery library active.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »
Sue,
Try this and we'll definitively find out if you have any dupes on your system.

Navigate to RTMM Required Libraries Part I
  EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D 6-7-14
    EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D
      Texture

Locate the following files:

RESTAURANT_5A_BUILDING_1_LM.DDS
RESTAURANT_5A_BUILDING_2.DDS
RESTAURANT_5A_BUILDING_2_LM.DDS
RESTAURANT_5A_RAILING_ALPHA.DDS
RESTAURANT_5A_RAILING_ALPHA_LM.DDS

SHOPS8.DDS
SHOPS8_LM.DDS

RESTAURANT_1C_BUILDING.DDS
RESTAURANT_1C_BUILDING_LM.DDS
RESTAURANT_1C_SIGN.DDS
RESTAURANT_1C_SIGN_LM.DDS

Make copies of these files and put them safely away in a temporary folder OUTSIDE of the sim.

Move the original files from the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\texture folder to the texture folder within the root folder of your sim. (Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Texture.)

If the textures (buildings) now show up without problem then you have a duplicate set of the above files and associated objects somewhere else on your system.

Let us know what you discover, report back and we'll go to step 2 in resolving this for you.

Good luck,
Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »
 8)
 First of all thank you very much. I don't believe what I found.
  What I discovered, to my astonishment; was that the textures in my EZ Scenery etc install, stopped at g-something. The back half of the alphabet was gone. When I copied the "texture" folder from my RTMM stash to my install everything suddenly worked. I never openened the texture folder before, I just copied the entire EZ etc. into addon scenery. Beats me.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »
Glad you figured it out! This stuff happens to all of us!

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support