Author Topic: Dates in the Scenery Library  (Read 3223 times)

BBQSteve

Dates in the Scenery Library
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:39:42 AM »
Minor request:

Could someone review and correct/add dates in the scenery library. For instance Lindy's place is dated 12.10.2016, unless this is a future update.

Thanks and great job guys!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Dates in the Scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »
Steve,
are you speaking of the file date after you install the scenery?  The date if you installed Lucky Lindy's today would be 12/14/2016.  However if you date setup is for European style it would read 14/12/2016.

It appears that you may have your date display set this way and installed Lucky Lindys on OCT. 12, 2016??
 8)
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:13:05 PM »
Not talking about my download or install, talking about the scenery library here. Unless I am drastically mistaken 12 anything 16 has not come yet.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »
Steve,
I still can not figure out where the date your siting is listed.  Can you elaborate with the exact location in RTMM where its listed with a date of 12.10.2016?

Here is the header from Lucky Lindys Place in the Scenery download:

Lucky Lindy's Place (Updated 12.14.2015**)
FSX Airport Name: "Lucky Lindy's Place"
FSX ICAO Code: "PF05"(PAPA FOXTROT ZERO FIVE)
Scenery enhancements created by Brad Allen
Airstrip Code by Kim Gowney
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
Damn, I looked at that several and swore it said 2016. Sorry, but there are others without dates.

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »
Steve, you are right, it had the date 2016, don't know when it was corrected!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »
I agree that there are a very few locations that are undated.  However most of the undated downloads are for RTMM PROJECTS like CIRP. BWEP, Alaska Power Project etc.  the link will take you to the downloads for those projects.

With the number of download files and only one person handling the site (Doug) there are doubtless times when something got by.  I'm sure if you want to search out and list the files you believe need correcting date wise Doug will add them to his 'to do folder' and correct the error.

We believe in putting folks to work slyly and before you know it we got ya hooked on RTMM  :D ::)

8)
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »
I've been hooked, lined and sinkered here for some time. That's why I was making the suggestions, to make it better and keep the new users from getting frustrated during installation and update.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »
There are some people who have problems following directions I agree, but in general problems installing the software can be tied to simply not taking the time to read instructions.  RTMM has more information and data available on the site than most commercial software sites and I would venture a guess that fewer than 25% of members have ever read half of what's available.  That is a generous percentage IMHO.
 8)

Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »
Agree. Most of this is intuitive after a few hundred times, but every once in awhile someone throws in a hitch.

I find the fewer words the better and lists work best:

1. place folder in ......
2 copy xxyyzz files to......
3. add to scenery library.....
etc.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 11:43:51 AM »
There are some instructional and/or installation files that are probably out of date and hopefully those will be 'caught' over time.  The location downloads accumulated over time and people come and go but we do try to keep things updated.  If you come across an instruction that seems to be incorrect or non-standard be sure and let RTMM know about it.  It could be intentionally that way or incorrect.  If the latter we can change it to solve a problem.
 8)
Later,

Spud