Author Topic: Totem Bight Operations Centeer  (Read 14536 times)

THibben

Re: Totem Bight Operations Centeer
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
I am installing into plain FSX.
This answer is not quite clear for me:
- Don't you have Orbx PFJ installed?

Yes I do have ORBX PFJ installed.

Tom
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 11:14:52 AM »
Tom,
I realize your being bombarded with suggestions right now but first question have you looked here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

and at that page click on the link that reads Scenery Folders Placement and Object Libraries Priorities
this is a graphic representation of the best way to install RTMM scenery.  Any non-standard install such as you are doing at present makes support extremely problematic.
 8)

My Scenery object Tester shows all objects installed except #11 & #12.

That is normal because those two objects are from two additional libraries.
1. RTMM Med Facilities Library TEMP
2. RTMM BWEP (Blue Wave Energy Partners) Library

the downloads are at the bottom of the Library download links here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#placepriority

Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »
Remember that while the installation sub-folder is named Misty Moorings there is also a scenery location named Misty Place don't confuse the two.

IE: THibben question about the correct version of Totem Bite refers to the fact that there are two (2) different zip files for Totem Bight Operations Center under the 'T' section of the Scenery downloads.
The first ZIP file is in a row along with "MAP TIC FS and How to install"
If you do not have the ORBX PAKT airport payware installed this is the download you want.

Do NOT download the ZIP file below these as that is for those who have purchased the PAKT payware airport.

Just to avoid confusion my personal set up is:

C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\RTMM\(individual folders for each RTMM location IE" Aiken Creek, Misty's Place, Totem Bight Operations Center ETC.
I changed the "Misty Moorings" folder name to RTMM so it is different than any scenery location name.

My folders are---E:\FSX\Add on Scenery\Mistys Place\ (Individual folders) ie: Dean river, Herring Bay,  etc

There may be something wrong in this area.

Tom
Tom

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
Tom,
Make sure that each individual scenery area's scenery sub-folder is activated in your scenery library. For example, your scenery library for Dean River should point to:

E:\FSX\Add on Scenery\Mistys Place\Dean River\scenery

We'll help you figure this out, so hang in there!

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »
I'm getting a bit confused myself on this.

ualani has mentioned one thing in his last post that, although basic could have been missed.

After you downloaded and unzipped the Totem Bight scenery, placed it in your E:\FSX\Addon Scenery\Mistys Place folder did you in fact open the FSX Scenery Library and click on Add Area then navigate to:
E:\FSX\Addon Scenery\Mistys Place
click on and open the Totem Bight folder
click on the OK button
Then, and this is important in FSX due to a bug.  You have to place your cursor into the white are in the box above and click again.
The Totem Bight scenery then should be at the top of the FSX Scenery Library.
If it does click OK and the database and .cfg files will rebuild themselves (takes a bit of time)
After they rebuild you should still be seeing the FSX Library.  Click on Free Flight and go fly the scenery.
 8)

Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »
Ya....what Spud said, but said it better.  :)
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »
Make sure the Totem Bight Operations Center folder has a "scenery" sub-folder in it.  Sometimes a developer will put the scenery folder two folders down. ;)  If you point your scenery library to the first instance, the scenery won't show up.  The program "Scenery Config Editor" will catch these errors for you, and mark them to be repaired.   8)

.../Addon Scenery/Misty Moorings/Totem_Bight_Operations_Center/totem bight operations center/scenery

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 04:50:21 PM »
Remember that while the installation sub-folder is named Misty Moorings there is also a scenery location named Misty Place don't confuse the two.

IE: THibben question about the correct version of Totem Bite refers to the fact that there are two (2) different zip files for Totem Bight Operations Center under the 'T' section of the Scenery downloads.
The first ZIP file is in a row along with "MAP TIC FS and How to install"
If you do not have the ORBX PAKT airport payware installed this is the download you want.

Do NOT download the ZIP file below these as that is for those who have purchased the PAKT payware airport.

Just to avoid confusion my personal set up is:

C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\RTMM\(individual folders for each RTMM location IE" Aiken Creek, Misty's Place, Totem Bight Operations Center ETC.
I changed the "Misty Moorings" folder name to RTMM so it is different than any scenery location name.

I am still struggling with this.  I have PAKT installed so I did download the right file but I installed it under Mistys Place rather than RTMM.  Will try again.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 05:10:25 PM »
It still doesn't install.  At least it is not showing up when I am in FSX and go to a scenery location it is not listed.

I am at my wits end on this one.

Thanks again,

Tom
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:16:05 PM by THibben »
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 05:42:46 PM »
When you say you have PAKT installed are you talking about the ORBX payware PAKT airport?  Or are you saying you have the SAK PAKT default airport showing.  The payware PAKT has the runway at a higher level than the ramp/parking area.  The SAK PAKT default runway is the same elevation as the ramp/parking area.

Totem Bight like most of the RTMM scenery locations are not listed in the Goto Airport screen of FSX.  That is why each is provided with a flight plan to the location which is the easiest way to find the scenery.

Screen shot of map black airplane shape is at Totem Bight Operations Center.  Notice that it is just across the bay from PAKT airport.
 8)
 PS:
if the Totem Bight Operations Center does not show in the FSX Library then the scenery is NOT installed.
 8)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:47:00 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »
When you say you have PAKT installed are you talking about the ORBX payware PAKT airport?  Or are you saying you have the SAK PAKT default airport showing.  The payware PAKT has the runway at a higher level than the ramp/parking area.  The SAK PAKT default runway is the same elevation as the ramp/parking area.

Totem Bight like most of the RTMM scenery locations are not listed in the Goto Airport screen of FSX.  That is why each is provided with a flight plan to the location which is the easiest way to find the scenery.

Screen shot of map black airplane shape is at Totem Bight Operations Center.  Notice that it is just across the bay from PAKT airport.
 8)
 PS:
if the Totem Bight Operations Center does not show in the FSX Library then the scenery is NOT installed.
 8)

Hi Spud,

Thanks again.  I do have the ORBX PAKT scenery.  I just did a flight around the area and did fly around Totem Bight area it was very detailed.  I landed at PAKT, taxied down the ramp , up the other side and took off for Mistys Place.  All is normal there.  I will look at the FSX Library.

I may be getting there.

Thanks again,

Tom

totem_bight_ops_center_02_bgl is in the MFX/scenery/rtmm objects library/scenery/...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:44:24 PM by THibben »
Tom

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »
I just had another thought. Sometimes you unzip a folder like Totem Bight. If you open that folder there's another exact folder called Totem Bight. That's the one you want, the second one. That's the one that has the Scenery folder. I've run into that several times.
Jsapair

THibben

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »
Jsapair,

Thanks for the input.  I may have installed, at least there was a lot of good scenery at that location.

Tom
Tom

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 11:05:04 PM »
So, I think you're saying you got it installed? Was that the problem? I learned to click on those folders to make sure there's not a clone folder in there, which actually contains the scenery folder.

jsapair
Jsapair

THibben

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Jsapair,

I will take another look today...If the power stays on.  We are expecting a pretty severe storm today across western Washington state.

Tom
Tom