Author Topic: Should I get PNW or PFJ  (Read 4793 times)

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Should I get PNW or PFJ
« on: October 06, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »
For bush flying and stol operations, should I get Orbx PNW Or PFJ? PNW has a demo, so I can see what it looks like, but PFJ has many more add ons scenery options here.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Should I get PNW or PFJ
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »
You'll eventually want both, so flip a coin and then talk to Santa in a couple of months.  ;D
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »
I think speaking just for RTMM the PFJ would be a good buy as more RTMM locations use PFJ as a base than PNW does.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »
Yes,

I agree that you'll want both eventually, in addition to Tongass Fjords and Southern Alaska. But for now if you can only do one and want to experience Return to Misty Moorings from it's base of operations, then Pacific Fjords is the choice you want to make.

Be sure to read the installation files for any RTMM scenery location you start with as they should all say which region the location is based inside of.

Brad

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 09:04:10 PM »
PFJ for sure at RTMM. Also, ORBX has a lot of flight plans that make use of PNW. (You have to register for the forums.) Then look for posts by Sam 2299 in the Flight Plans forum. Use their Search function. He has a few hundred FP's...calls them Adventures...but you'd have to go through them to see where they spawn from if you need a specific area. If you have Global get 'em all. I believe he has a .zip for most of them. I just looked and I have 45 PNW FP's, so yeah, I'd budget that in somewhere down the line.

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 09:11:14 PM »
Don't forget to try the GoTo Table. You can search for an ORBX area and see how many places there are. Then you can click on the maps and get a feel for the kind of flight they offer. Button at the top of the Here2There page.

Doug