Author Topic: Blue Wave Energy Partners - is LIVE!  (Read 256627 times)

xxd09

Re: Blue Wave Energy Partners - is LIVE!
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
Hi Bradallen 43
Thanks for all your work
All loaded and looking good
Youall have made this a great area to fly about -along the Pipe or up and over the glacier to Klutina Outfitters
What more could a Bush Pilot ask for!
xxd09

av8erjm

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »
once again I have to give a standing ovation, not just for BWEP, but for that Dispatch Selector switch, that is the slickest thing since an oil slick under a Beaver on floats, wish didn't have to close out FSX to activate a scenery one at a time, which to me is the whole point of the switch, but that is the only down side to it. So who ever discovered it, or designed it, and adapted it to RTMM, tip of the wing to you

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
Thanks, for the "tip of the wing".  When I designed the selector, I prohibited using it while FSX/P3D were running because sometimes FSX/P3D locks the files it has loaded and they are unable to be changed while it is running.   That would then mean the selector would sometimes not update the files changes required when a dispatch is selected and that would cause confusion. 

The same problem exists with control panels too.

Rod

av8erjm

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »
Rod I knew there must have been a reason, but I just thought it was a neat deal, good job and to Doug heading up the BWEP project and anyone else I might not be aware of

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2016, 11:03:42 AM »
Thanks, but I'm just a "follower" on BWEP, Brad is leading this new effort.  I can't believe he is going to lay all that pipe, a piece at a time ... amazing. He's almost to Fiarbanks!

kalmanni

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
Does the problem disappear if you disable the BWEP scenery?   ???
Yes

Are you running P3D on a laptop?
No, on a moderately powerful desktop

Version 2 behaves like version 1.

av8erjm

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2016, 01:49:13 PM »
Sorry for confusing the two of you, so with that in mind, thank you Brad. Sometime it's hard to tell who's on first and what's on second

THibben

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »
I have under sim objects:  BWEP Flight Plans, FSXP3D WH_BWEP.objects.SW and RTMM BWEP SAK v2 ( I do have ORBX SAK installed) and they appear to be installed in FSX.

I see no sign of the pipeline.  There is a large oil storage area at Valdez but that is it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:18:59 PM by THibben »
Tom

THibben

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »
Unless I got a bad download, there is another problem that is going to confuse the heck out of new BWEP users during the installation.

The "BWEP_AI_Files" download is missing some "clear" installation instructions, that without them, new flight sim users may not be able to figure out to get a good installation.

1.  When the ZIP file is extracted, it lists 12 "airport" BGL files, 3 "traffic" BGL files, and an "Installation.txt" file that says what to do with them.  That part (as for instructions) works fine.

2.  There are also 2 ZIP files..."AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX.zip" and "BWEP_Heli_Traffic.zip".  When you unzip them, the "instructions" inside them are either missing or unclear for a new flight sim user.  Specifically...

3. The "BWEP_Heli_Traffic" unzipped README.txt file tells you where to put the ADE and Traffic files (good!), but also says, "YOU MUST HAVE INSTALLED FSADDON'S TONGASS FJORDS THAT INCLUDES THE AIRCRAFT: AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TF".  That's true, and a user would have that already in their FSX/P3D SimObjects/Rotorcraft folder.  However, now the confusion starts, because....

4.  The "AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX.zip" extracts ONLY a SUBFOLDER TREE of what would be in the SimObjects/Rotorcraft/AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX helicopter folder in FSX/P3D (from the Tongass Fjords install).  There are NO INSTRUCTIONS in the ZIP download describing what to DO with the folders and files after they are extracted (the only "txt" file is a copyright file for the helicoptor included with Tongass Fjords). ***There needs to be an "Installation.txt" file in this download telling the user something like, "Copy these items to your SimObjects/Rotorcraft/AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX folder in your simulator, overwriting any files if asked."***  I already had the AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX folder in my sim directory from the Tongass Fjords addon, but the RTMM AI download has TWO new Texture folders, a NEW aircraft.cfg file, and a BACKUP of the original TF aircraft.cfg file.  There needs to be an "Installation.txt" file in the RTMM BWEP AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX.zip download that explains how to get the "new" stuff into the existing folder in the flight simulator.

Sorry for the long explanation.  But the above issues are gonna cause confusion for flight sim users who aren't familiar with how it needs to be done.

If you don't fly helicopters is it necessary to do all of this?

Tom
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »
No the helo is AI and as such you can't fly it anyway.  Just adds a touch of realism to BWEP.
Spud
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2016, 07:07:18 PM »
Spud,

Thanks,

Tom

I still have not been able to install the scenery.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:11:18 PM by THibben »
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2016, 08:14:46 PM »
I have under sim objects:  BWEP Flight Plans, FSXP3D WH_BWEP.objects.SW and RTMM BWEP SAK v2 ( I do have ORBX SAK installed) and they appear to be installed in FSX.

I see no sign of the pipeline.  There is a large oil storage area at Valdez but that is it.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,
     Do you really have these files in the simobjects folder?  The flightplans should go in your sim's documents folder (in your computer's "my documents" area), and the library files should be in your Addon Scenery/RTMM folder along with all the scenery locations.  Those libraries and sceneries then get added to your sim's scenery library.  After that, they will show in your sim.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 11:28:06 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Talk about getting old and forgetful, I didn't even remember there was a My Documents file.
I have moved the file and will check things out in the morning.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,
your saying that you placed BWEP Flight Plans, FSXP3D WH_BWEP.objects.SW and RTMM BWEP SAK v2 folders in your sim objects folder of FSX?  If this is so your install has absolutely no chance of working.
Have you read

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

scroll down to Section 1. Scenery Folder Placement

This explains the correct set up you need to run RTMM scenery

Are you just placing the .zip files into the Sim Objects folder?
You have to extract each .zip file to a temporary location and work with the files/folders that result.
Following any instructions that apply.
 8)
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »
Hi Spud,

See Jeff's note two notes before yours and my note right after his.  I realized what I had done wrong and fixed it yesterday.  I am about to load the program and see if everything is working now.

Thanks for your help and I will see if I have done it right shortly.

Tom
Tom