Author Topic: Flying the RTMM Flight Plans  (Read 21296 times)

BBQSteve

Re: Flying the RTMM Flight Plans
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »
Well as to fuel triggers, I never use them. Figure that is what the fuel and payload button is for in the sim. I never take on 100% unless warranted, but as the gentleman said when he kissed the cow, to each his own.

Dieter

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 05:44:58 AM »
Here's another old wreck (RTMM), does somebody remember?

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 07:22:33 AM »
Is that from Brad's "Timuquan" missions?   ???

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »
You are right, Jeff!
It's "#6 "The Old Crow" mission.
(No problem for a long time RTMM member  ;) )
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »
Still flying all of the routes. I finished Redoubt USFS Cabin last night (One of the RTMM MISSING CABINS).  I am only finding very tiny problems, most not worth a re-download for people. But I am feeling good about the "housekeeping" this project is doing.  It has been many years since I've been to some of these places, and it is fun to revisit them and enjoy the routes. We've come through FSX, DX10, P3D 1, 2, and now 3 ... there are bound to be some little problems ... but I'm finding none because of the platform changes. I've got my autogen kicked up a little, so a tree appears on an object now and then. I've done this on purpose so I can move things slightly so they will work for the increased autogen we can use with P3D helping frame rates, etc.

Now and then on the routes I find one that is really fun. The one at Redoubt Lake Cabin is one. It is a short flight, maybe 20 minutes. You can land with an amphibian, but it is more fun to use the Tundra and land behind the cabin in a "cleared" area I created there for the purpose. The landing is tricky, it is an elevated area and on an angle from the incoming route ... move to the left and angle to the right to line up.  You can see this one at http://www.twitch.tv/mistymoorings/v/51446537.   To see a "corrected" landing (which was aborted on the first flight), go to the 35 minute mark.

Doug

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »
OK, the flight plans have been corrected up through the "S's"  There were some minor corrections in the scenery locations (see Notams and News).

I am continuing to change water runway starts to dock starts, they are more scenic and add more to the experience.

(Anyone recognize the attached cabin?)  It is amazing how many cabins we have at RTMM, many of them created by us. This one is an example, I wonder how many visitors it has had?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:28:32 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »
Well into the T's. Finding some things to fix as I go. Some of the flight plans needed major adjustment. One cabin Togagin Lake was not showing in Plan G and therefore had no final waypoint for the flight. I created a waypoint for Plan G and completed the plan ... works fine.   Just for fun, on some of the routes, I've been flying the new BWEP plane that Klaus has made. Yes, I know it's the same model and cfg file ... but darned if a new plane doesn't "feel" better! :-)  It is really beautiful. And it shows up so great in the background scenery.

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Just like when you wash your car.  It runs and drives better.  A plane and a new paint job, flies better! ;)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »
Loving these new BWEP liveries Klaus has made for us all to use. They all really look great in those color combinations.

Brad

Doug

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
Below is the summary I placed in the NOTAMs on the completion of the project.  I think we have a new way to get people started at RTMM too as a result of all this work.  I'm putting this here as a duplication of the notams so folks can comment upon it.

AutoRoute Project Completed
=============================================================
All flight plans have been FLOWN, CHECKED, and ADJUSTED.
1. More interesting starts
2. Safer routing for autopilot (for the new pilots among us)
3. Flight Plan "Altitude +1200" added to any plan over 1200 feet (Default is 1200 feet)
4. Aircraft type added to plan name if tundra, or helo only. (Default is amphibian)
5. Readme completed and inserted into the RTMM FLIGHT PLANS.ZIP folder
    a. Instructions on getting started with RTMM using the flight Plans
    b. Quick instruction on how to install an RTMM scenery (Misty's Place Example)
    c. Discussion on the flight plan names and designators
6. Over 100 corrections (minor) made with IS3 throughout the course of the project, all in Notams
7. Flight Plan Names all show USFS, RTMM, CIRP, or (rarely) PFJ or SAK.  People then know from the flight   plan name where they can get the download.  This is all explained in the README.

Next I'll work on the "getting started" page. This will include the new scenario of using the RTMM FLIGHT PLANS.zip as the template for getting started at RTMM.  Almost 70% of the flight plans are USFS cabins and when a new person downloads "The Missing Cabins" and has ORBX SAK and ORBX PFJ and Tongass X ... s/he will have 70% of all RTMM routed locations on their simulator when the RTMM FLIGHT PLANS.ZIP is downloaded and installed.  If people then use the list of alphabetical flight plans, they can start flying immediately and when they encounter an RTMM or CIRP, they will know that location must be downloaded just as they downloaded Misty's Place (in the example).  So instead of looking at the huge task of downloading all the RTMM software, they just download it as they encounter it.  And if they do not want to download any RTMM, then they simply fly the USFS flight plans.  The whole object of this is to get a new person in the air over RTMM as quickly as possible.

After 6 years and FSX, DX10, P3D-1, P3D-2 and P3D-3 ... there were bound to be some little things wrong here and there. There were surprisingly few considering the technology changes in the software.   But now we know all locations are OK, all flight plans to and from them are safe and workable, and we have a far easier way for people to get started with RTMM.

There are 830 TO and FROM flight plans.  This seems like a great number to download.  Actually, they download in seconds (tiny files), and install with a simple copy/paste. All of them start with a # or a = which keeps them all in the same grouping together.  Your other flight plans will be below these in the Flight Planner list.  If you want to remove them, you simply select # or = and delete them. You can always re-download them.

The only scenery location change is Misty's Place.  I created new starts which will make starting at Misty's Place, which we do often, more interesting. There is a "dock" start now too. So if you are using a boat or a float plane, you have a good starting point.  The only thing changed in the Misty's Place folder was the ADEX that changed and updated the starting places.  I recommend a new download on Misty's Place so you will have the latest.

Remember, you have to re-create the database for Plan-G for something new like that to show up. If you are downloading all of the csv files (From Dieter ... Dieter's Corner, Misty's Place Page), you can use the new zip folder that Spud has created for you, making the 'import" very easy.  But again, once imported, you have to re-do the Plan-G database for things to show correctly.

If you download Misty's and Spud's csv compilation, you can just re-do the Plan-G one time and get it all done at once.

Thanks to everyone for their patience on this project ... sorry about the changes along the way, but now we have a "clean" install for every location.  You can go through the NOTAMs to see what scenery locations you might want to download and re-install to be "perfectly" up to date.
========================================================

I would be interested in your thoughts on the above. Then readme in the RTMM FLIGHT PLANS.zip is the new template for getting started.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:38:44 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
Changes in our AutoRoute naming ...

Instead of a "#" or "=" starting off the name of the To or From flights, we will now use "To " or "From ". All of the 800 files have been renamed and are in the new zip on the Here2There page.  The new VFR FlightPlan tool doesn't "take" the # or = as part of the name.  So now all our plans are compatible with both programs, VFRF and Plan-G.

If you are using these, before you add these to your flight plan folder, DELETE all of the previous # and = plans you have in there, then paste these in their place. DO NOT OVERWRITE. Delete first, then Paste.

Doug

Handie

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 06:16:16 AM »
Hello Doug,

It's always the old folder that is in the download link with "#" and "=", not the new with "To" and "From" ;)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Doug

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 07:55:25 AM »
Sorry Handie ... it is "up" now.  My Dreamweaver program (web work), didn't make it over in the transfer to my new MS User account and when I set it up again, I missed a "radio button" that creates an overwrite on the server.  Got it fixed, thank you.

I'm going to start a thread on the new Flight Planning program. That is the reason I made this sort of massive batch change to the re-naming of these 800 files.  The new program makes it worth the effort. 

The new program is VFR Flight: http://vfrflight.org/en/index.html. It operates a little differently than Plan G and I'm going to be putting those differences in the thread. But I'm finding this new program absolutely amazing for VFR flight.

If we get a few people using this new program, and reporting into a thread to help others, this could be important for RTMM. I had a real problem getting it to work ... not because the program was bad, but because it is a little different from what we are used to.  Also, like Plan G, it wants to make it's "own" output file extension. The key is in using EXPORT and IMPORT and how you do it using ".pln" files that can be used by this program or Plan-G.  I'll get more into it with the new thread later this afternoon.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:59:25 AM by Doug »